EMINEM / Migos / Don bronco

SAM FENDER / Olivia roderigo / central cee

MUSE / Idles / the libertines

DOJA CAT / playboi carti / Becky hill 

Special guest: Loyle Carner 

Edit: no idea why the font is so big don’t blame me 

Olivia Rodrigo subbing Sam dont be stupid shes much bigger

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

So many predicting Muse but I really can’t see them headlining when they’ve got stadium shows and the MK bowl date. R&L don’t usually have headliners playing other summer shows especially when they’re that big. Biggest rock/indie band will probably be MCR or The Killers. 

My friend asked me at Leeds whether we ever see the likes of Foo Fighters, Green Day, Metallica, Muse etc play the festival again, given these types of bands usually play 2-3 hours.

Im guessing money talks and the answer would be yes, however because of the 6 headliners no band will play more than 90-100 mins? 

13 hours ago, FeverDream said:

If you can’t take a joke or a snide comment (which it wasn’t) about your favourite band and you then leave in a huff then I don’t quite know what to say. I agree with @Andre91 in that me and my friends also saw the funny side of it despite wishing it were RATM up there and not The 1975. 

Yeah, it wasn't even a joking dig. He was being incredibly respectful of them and he clearly meant that no one can compare to them. Perfect example of something being twisted way out of context.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

My friend asked me at Leeds whether we ever see the likes of Foo Fighters, Green Day, Metallica, Muse etc play the festival again, given these types of bands usually play 2-3 hours.

Im guessing money talks and the answer would be yes, however because of the 6 headliners no band will play more than 90-100 mins? 

Muse only played 90 minutes at Mad Cool, Metallica 2 hours.  R&L would find a way to accommodate most of those bands (especially when you see MTS only playing for an hour this year).  Foo Fighters played 2.5 hours at R&L last time, which yeah would be a stretch to accommodate with another headliner, but R&L would find some way to spin it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Olivia Rodrigo subbing Sam dont be stupid shes much bigger

To be fair, Rodrigo was 3rd down on the other stage at Glastonbury and Fender subbed the pyramid. He also played an arena tour in spring whilst Olivia was in academies.

What I would say is that Rodrigo is ascending whereas Sam is probably already at his peak. Wouldn’t shock me at all if both are MSW headliners next year but if they are on the same day, Fender will get a more prestigious slot. 

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

Muse only played 90 minutes at Mad Cool, Metallica 2 hours.  R&L would find a way to accommodate most of those bands (especially when you see MTS only playing for an hour this year).  Foo Fighters played 2.5 hours at R&L last time, which yeah would be a stretch to accommodate with another headliner, but R&L would find some way to spin it.

Muse infamously only play for 90 mins. They have so many songs that should be played but never see the light since they only play like 22 songs including instrumentals/jams

15 minutes ago, WFD said:

I’m sure BMTH finished 10 minutes early and AM started 10 minutes late at Leeds this year so there’s another 20 minutes easy

16 minutes ago, WFD said:

Muse also only got 90 minutes in 2017 IIRC.

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I’m sure BMTH finished 10 minutes early and AM started 10 minutes late at Leeds this year so there’s another 20 minutes easy

Yeah there was a big gap, I left BMTH without rushing, went to the street feast area, ordered and sat and ate food, came back out expecting AM to be well underway and it was still a while after that before they started (and even then it was some intro music that seemed to go on for a few minutes). 

To mention them again Mad Cool (with a different stage layout) do not piss about, as soon as one main stage finishes the other starts, headliner or not. 

28 minutes ago, WFD said:

Yeah there was a big gap, I left BMTH without rushing, went to the street feast area, ordered and sat and ate food, came back out expecting AM to be well underway and it was still a while after that before they started (and even then it was some intro music that seemed to go on for a few minutes). 

To mention them again Mad Cool (with a different stage layout) do not piss about, as soon as one main stage finishes the other starts, headliner or not. 

Mad Cools’s way of operating the 2 main stages is far better than R&L. I’ve noted before though I’m not sure how a similar layout would work at Leeds. They could definitely do it at Reading; I think the arena there is of similar dimensions to Mad Cool’s. 

21 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Mad Cools’s way of operating the 2 main stages is far better than R&L. I’ve noted before though I’m not sure how a similar layout would work at Leeds. They could definitely do it at Reading; I think the arena there is of similar dimensions to Mad Cool’s. 

Yeah they wouldn't be able to do them at right angles at Leeds, at least not where "real" Main currently is, because of the hill (have to say though, it was the right idea to rotate "pretend Main" this year). 

36 minutes ago, WFD said:

Yeah they wouldn't be able to do them at right angles at Leeds, at least not where "real" Main currently is, because of the hill (have to say though, it was the right idea to rotate "pretend Main" this year). 

I didn’t do Leeds last year, what way was MSW facing? More towards MSE?

30 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I didn’t do Leeds last year, what way was MSW facing? More towards MSE?

Like at a right angle to MSE (but obviously a long way from it) rather than facing back towards it like it did last year.  This year's positioning meant it faced towards the slope rather than across it, if that makes sense.

First time at Leeds but thought MSE was a shocking view unless in front of the sound tower centrally.  

Struggled to see any of AM apart from the big screen and I am over 6ft.

MSW was much better but obviously a lower capacity.

I go to tramlines every year and the view there is excellent of the main stage anywhere in the field really. 

The 3 headliners booked and 1 nearly complete, 2 of them being past headliners, possible pool of past ones -

Foo Fighters, Post Malone, 21 Pilots, Fallout Boy, Kendrick Lamar, Panic at the Disco, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Kasabian, Foals, Disclosure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Paramore, Blink 182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Rage Against the Machine, The Killers

Given the amount of Panic at the Disco posters around, I'd say they are one of the bookings and Yungblud same.  Dua Lipa and Paramore are the other 2.

Panic at the Disco | Yungblud

Dua Lipa | Doja Cat

The Killers | Paramore

2 hours ago, WFD said:

You think so? I think I preferred it last year where it was angled between the food stands and the other main stage. How it was set up this year completly drowned out the bbc introducing tent

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

The 3 headliners booked and 1 nearly complete, 2 of them being past headliners, possible pool of past ones -

Foo Fighters, Post Malone, 21 Pilots, Fallout Boy, Kendrick Lamar, Panic at the Disco, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Kasabian, Foals, Disclosure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Paramore, Blink 182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Rage Against the Machine, The Killers

Given the amount of Panic at the Disco posters around, I'd say they are one of the bookings and Yungblud same.  Dua Lipa and Paramore are the other 2.

Panic at the Disco | Yungblud

Dua Lipa | Doja Cat

The Killers | Paramore

Really can’t see Yungblud being at that level yet. First arena tour coming up which isn’t selling particularly well and he’s far from everyone’s cup of tea.

Dua Lipa | Doja Cat

MCR | Machine Gun Kelly

Green Day | Kasabian