Kanye West

dentalplan

so... act 3. Very sad to see and hard to watch as someone who's been so moved by his music. I think Coodie really struggled with prodding and probing new Kanye (he even cuts the camera when things gets bad), which is completely understandable as they're so close. After watching it it's clear to me that Kanye has been searching really hard for some kind of comfort after being hospitalised. He reached out to Coodie and other collaborators in his past. When that didn't work he went super hard into the God stuff, that didn't work and he's reached out to Donda. All of those things were in his life during College Dropout and Late Reg times and he clearly wants to be in that headspace again. It also shows deep down he's really unsure of himself and seeks validation a lot (tucker clarlson scene).

All in all good doc, seemed like the end Coodie was sending a very clear message to Kanye to listen to his mum and be humble again lool. 

Overall enjoyed the documentary immensely, although the amount of time missed is a huge shame. Obviously it's no one's fault, but there's so many things we didn't even touch on (808s, Jay Z beef, Hawaii sessions, majority of his fashion/yeezy stuff etc.) - I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. It was a hard watch though, I don't think anyone really understood just how hard Donda's passing hit him - even more than a decade later. Seems to me like he's forever chasing that feeling of family and wanting he had with his mother through all these different mediums (Kardashians, old collaborators, God) but he hasn't quite found anything like it, hence his visible frustration and stuff. 

Cracking doc, I'll probably watch again at some point - even if Coodie did get a tad bit preachy at the end there

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well, the new video is interesting

I’m torn between finding it absolutely hilarious and thinking it’s just really fucking sad. It’s hard to know if he’s just playing up to this whole him being the villain thing and it’s all an act for him or if he genuinely just can’t get over the fact his ex wife is now seeing somebody else, despite him having had at least three girlfriends in the last few months. Really toxic either way, and I’m guessing now that his divorce has been finalised, we’re gonna get a bunch more him flying off the handle and acting like a complete idiot.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m torn between finding it absolutely hilarious and thinking it’s just really fucking sad. It’s hard to know if he’s just playing up to this whole him being the villain thing and it’s all an act for him or if he genuinely just can’t get over the fact his ex wife is now seeing somebody else, despite him having had at least three girlfriends in the last few months. Really toxic either way, and I’m guessing now that his divorce has been finalised, we’re gonna get a bunch more him flying off the handle and acting like a complete idiot.

He's always seemed to have traversed the line between madness and genius and managed to blur the lines between being able to tell which one's which. Who knows which Ye this current version is...

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst the reasoning for having him removed is pretty valid this time, I’d be pretty pissed off as a Coachella attendee if he was removed. 

I don’t think he will be pulled, but I’m sure he’ll do and/or say something stupid on the night that will make the promoters kinda wish they had. 

Problem with Ye nowadays is that the anticipation is now much more about what he'll say on stage rather than what tunes he'll play. I know there has always been an element of that with him, but it kinda feels like people (not on here, just in general) are anticipating a car crash and almost looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cancelled his Coachella performance according to TMZ, who are usually pretty spot on with this kind of stuff. Suppose it will make a lot of people happy to hear, although like I said above, I’d be pretty pissed if I was going as his booking was undoubtedly the highlight of the lineup.

Wonder who they’ll get to replace him so last minute.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Cancelled his Coachella performance according to TMZ, who are usually pretty spot on with this kind of stuff. Suppose it will make a lot of people happy to hear, although like I said above, I’d be pretty pissed if I was going as his booking was undoubtedly the highlight of the lineup.

Wonder who they’ll get to replace him so last minute.

Swedish House Mafia are still at the bottom of the poster. Coldplay logistically make the most sense due to postponing tour dates that conflicted with the 2nd weekend. Theyre only in Mexico this week and have a break til May. 

What a great Monday. Now secondary sales will crater more.