Kanye West

dentalplan

Just now, kalifire said:

I don't care when Kanye albums come out anymore. I can't be dealing with his pre-launch circus. It makes me enjoy the album less. I'll listen when I notice it pop up in Spotify's new releases.

Bound to happen. Each time he raises the bar even further. Today on Instagram was just shameful, totally lost the plot. I agree with you though that giving off the impression he’s about to be sectioned each time an album drops gets tiring after a while. 

I’m expecting this album to be full of airing dirty laundry and digs at Kim and Pete. How long do you think it will take for him to mention it? Track 1?

On 2/11/2022 at 3:06 AM, kalifire said:

Yeah, the way she emphasised 'wait' definitely feels like a Travis reference.

Pretty shit to try and score points over a tragedy, as you say. Pretty standard for Ye to start crying over somebody he likes getting criticised. Nobody comes out of this well.

I'm no Billie fan but even if it was a reference do you not just think she was trying to get the crowd to calm down and help them understand the importance of crowd safety. 

37 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm no Billie fan but even if it was a reference do you not just think she was trying to get the crowd to calm down and help them understand the importance of crowd safety. 

Yeah quite possibly. It’s not worth Ye making a big song and dance about. 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, Matt42 said:

Listening party at a Miami stadium confirmed for 22222

I reckon the album won’t be out on 22222 but maybe the Fri/Sunday after that. 25th Feb to 27th Feb region.

Donda was released quite a long time after the first listening party in Atlanta (23rd July) - the album came out over a month later. TLOP was a few months after the Madison Garden listening party IIRC.

Reasonable to assume he'll have several listening parties for this one, so personally I'm expecting anywhere from 1-3 months after if it releases at all. Ye didn't even give the green light to release Donda at the end of August (he tried to pull it down as soon as it was released) so who knows when 2 will come out if he has the creative control.

I think perhaps he's having some mental episodes currently so he could be in the frame of mind to scrap it altogether. Hoping it's a good album and not just extra songs that didn't make it on the first Donda.

Edited by discgoesmic

Act 1 of Jeen-Yuhs is very good. Some insane footage captured. Loved the scene with Scarface calling Jesus Walks and Family Business incredible but failing to come up with verses/hooks for it, showed that even legends have off days. Also loved the scenes where Kanye is just some regular guy in the Roc-A-Fella parties. Scenes with his mum are very bittersweet too, you can tell she was his anchor. Overall very good first act, sets us up for (I'm guessing) the huge successes in Act 2 followed by the downfall in Act 3. 

Agreed, Act 1 of Jeen-Yuhs was very good and incredibly inspiring. Genuinely baffling how Kanye shows Roc-A-Fella execs All Falls Down and they just dismiss him - crazy. Surely looking back on it, being the execs of Capitol Record and A&R and shit, you must absolutely be kicking yourself. It's really surreal looking back on where he is and who he is as a person now compared to Act 1 in the documentary, both musically and spiritually. Scenes with his mother are quite upsetting in the nicest of ways, you can really feel their close relationship and how much they care for each other. 

Really looking forward to the following acts, assuming they're going to be about everything from his car accident to his meteoric rise to where he is now (even though I've heard it omits the MBDTF/Yeezus era). 

Loved him waltzing in to Roc-A-Fella and playing All Falls Down and the girl at the desk just staring at him like 😐  😄 I’m sure it’s not the first time somebody has walked in and done something similar. 

Great first part. Really cool to see Kanye just willing his success in to existence despite all the push back, and just seems nuts that this dude decided to keep a camera on it all with the expectation that he was capturing something special. 

It’s a shame that 808s to TLOP isn’t gonna be featured because of a fall out as those are peak genius Kanye years, but still brilliant to see him in these early years, and will probably pretty jarring to see the sudden switch from happy Ye with his mother still around during the Graduation era to a the Ye we know now/post-TLOP (which I imagine will come between part 2 and 3).

It's absolute madness to watch in hindsight how he could play those legendary tracks looking for a record deal and people basically laugh him out of the building or just ignore his presence and talk about getting a new phone! I don't know how I would cope if I was one of those people who rejected him as I'd constantly be thinking about what could have been!

Loved Act 1 Netflix. It’s amazing the extent to which Ye was the underdog, despite producing tracks on an album as huge as The Blueprint. As others have said, to see him rap All Falls Down at Roc-A-Fella and have them just stare blankly back at him, then start up conversations with other people so he has to awkwardly skulk out of the office. How he didn’t get so much as a personal name check at his own record deal signing meeting. Just nuts. 

Also loved how it was all original footage with no breaks or talking heads. Really puts you in the middle of everything happening at the time. Really enjoyed it.