Kanye West

dentalplan

Yes we certainly will need a thread. Seems all but confirmed that it’s dropping Friday, and although I’m trying to temper my expectations, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t incredibly hyped. After a few years of silly delays and frustrating rollouts he’s finally learnt that less is more when it comes to release dates/false Twitter hype etc. 

Yeah sounds promising, and like… finished, which is the main thing. The whole slapdash production thing was fun for Yeezus/TLOP at least but quickly became a hindrance, and I want Kanye’s production and verses back at their luxurious best so I’m hoping that’s what we’re getting here. 

Edited by FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I've been listening to the Dissect podcast series on MBDTF for the last week and coupled with the DONDA hype, I'm in a Kanye haze. I am very excited. 

Great series that, I just finished the one on Yeezus. Fully ready for a Yeezy szn. Although after the last few disappointing releases I'm not getting my hopes up

Agree with what most of you guys are saying, Ye and JIK were pretty average/bad, but hopefully he's learnt his lesson and has actually worked on the lyrics longer than a week or so. Also love that he's kept his mouth shut, long may it continue. Better for him and us I feel, I really hope he's gotten some professional help after all the antics in the past few years.

Also, to add to the hype, there seems to be a new label or collective called YZY SOUND, and one of their artists has just released a song prod by Kanye:

What are these few bad albums everyone's on about? I didn't like the last one but that summer of 18 where Ye, Kids See Ghost and his production (and whoop, scoop, whoop de whoop, obviously) on DAYTONA were great, I didn't think that was controversial. Last couple of singles were great as well.

Just now, priest17 said:

What are these few bad albums everyone's on about? I didn't like the last one but that summer of 18 where Ye, Kids See Ghost and his production (and whoop, scoop, whoop de whoop, obviously) on DAYTONA were great, I didn't think that was controversial. Last couple of singles were great as well.

Ye was patchy. Like, Ghost Town is one of his best songs, but some other stuff on there was a bit eh and either sounded like old album leftovers or just unfinished. JIK was obviously a let down. And the singles have been varying degrees of eh to okay; that Nah Nah Nah song was pretty crap and I can’t say I’m sad that Wash Us In The Blood didn’t appear on that whiteboard tracklist floating about. 

The production on Daytona was crazy though and I can’t believe he went that hard for somebody else’s project. Easily the highlight of that run of albums for me.

Yeah, I agree with @FloorFiller, Ye was definitely inconsistent and following TLOP was a disappointment.

Never really got into Kids See Ghosts but thought DAYTONA was magnificently produced, maybe some of his best work.

I actually have a fondness for gospel music so I enjoyed Jesus Is King more than Ye, but it still feels a long time since Kanye's really smacked it out of the park.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ye was patchy. Like, Ghost Town is one of his best songs, but some other stuff on there was a bit eh and either sounded like old album leftovers or just unfinished. JIK was obviously a let down. And the singles have been varying degrees of eh to okay; that Nah Nah Nah song was pretty crap and I can’t say I’m sad that Wash Us In The Blood didn’t appear on that whiteboard tracklist floating about. 

The production on Daytona was crazy though and I can’t believe he went that hard for somebody else’s project. Easily the highlight of that run of albums for me.

Yeah to be fair I just went back to Ye and I'd forgotten how bad Violent Crimes was, I normally just end up in a Ghost Town loop. Wasn't a fan of JIK yeah. Do we could Kids See Ghosts? I still rate that. I still view those 18 releases as a great summer of EPs and not a reason to not get excited about new music.

I really liked Wash Us In The Blood, guess I misremember that going down well. Nah Nah Nah isn't bad. For all my sins, I really like I Love It ahah.

I'm not really buzzing coz he's been a proper prick for a while and he's had so many fake releases I still don't trust any of this, if he does drop music there's nothing musically he's done to suggest it won't be bangers. I'd be over the moon with another TLOP.

52 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I remember liking Ye, but when I look back I can't remember any songs from it, and don't think I listened more than twice. Speaks for itself imo. I went hard as anything on Life of Pablo, and Yeezus before it.

I'm hoping we get more things like this

9 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I remember liking Ye, but when I look back I can't remember any songs from it, and don't think I listened more than twice. Speaks for itself imo. I went hard as anything on Life of Pablo, and Yeezus before it.

I'm hoping we get more things like this

As floor said Ghost Town as a song is up there with his best, worth just throwing that on again.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

We still expecting something tomorrow then do we think? 

Yeah. I know we’ve been fooled before, but usually it’s based on Kanye randomly tweeting dates, album covers and titles. This time he’s actually doing proper promo stuff like his music attached to adverts etc, and has largely kept his mouth shut. All seems too official to just not release the album. Plus there have been actual listening parties and apparently the thing is finished.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah. I know we’ve been fooled before, but usually it’s based on Kanye randomly tweeting dates, album covers and titles. This time he’s actually doing proper promo stuff like his music attached to adverts etc, and has largely kept his mouth shut. All seems too official to just not release the album. Plus there have been actual listening parties and apparently the thing is finished.

Great! 
Let’s just hope this isn’t me at 6am tomorrow morning when I go looking for it … 

image.gif.2ec56d5a4dd0d5d12232a3ff6faf729d.gif

59 minutes ago, st dan said:

We still expecting something tomorrow then do we think? 

there was a clip of Mike Dean and Ye still working on it a few hours ago haha, but I'm hoping that's just mixing??