What's your favourite Bob Dylan song?

CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, danmarks said:

All of blood on the tracks except maybe lily rosemary and the jack of hearts. Perfect dylan but doesn't fit with flow in my head.

Jokerman is perfect. 

Obviously skipped to end of thread so apologies 

WTF! - Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts is fucking amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Obviously you can't just dismiss people making accusations, that happens far too often to genuine victims but looking at the timelime, it just doesn't fit. You'd think their lawyers would have done at least some investigation before filing the claim.

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I don't see it mentioned here and it doesn't often get much love, so I'd like to give a nod to I And I from Infidels.

Described by Dylan as one of his "Caribbean songs" and famously written "in 15 minutes" (as told to Leonard Cohen who was a fan of the song) with guitar parts by Mick Taylor (the Rolling Stones best lead guitarist, imo) that excellently complement Sly & Robbie's rhythm section, all wrapped up nicely in Mark Knopfler's production. I love it.

Great track. I also enjoy the Dr Dread ‘reggae remix’ and dub versions that made it onto streaming platforms last year:

It's a great challenge to chose one, but I can't get past Desolation Row. I know it's special to me because every time I play it I listen very closely to the lyrics. Still doesn't mean I have a clue to what the words mean, such as this snippet:

Ophelia, she's 'neath the window for her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday she already is an old maid
To her, death is quite romantic she wears an iron vest
Her profession's her religion, her sin is her lifelessness
And though her eyes are fixed upon Noah's great rainbow
She spends her time peeking into Desolation Row