Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

56 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Was anybody who couldn’t connect until Idles able to rewind and see Wolf Alice and Michael Kiwanuka? 

Yes that's what I did. I started watching at about 9ish. I made it to the start of Dijon, which looked awesome but had to go to bed! Seetickets have emailed to say they'll be sending those with failed codes a link to watch until next Sunday so I'll likely go back in and watch that at some point rather than going back today. Was in a video chat while Damon was on too and want to rewatch that properly. Would like to see The Smile again while a bit more awake and sober also!

Got to echo what others have said really: the production was stunning and it was a really beautiful thing. I enjoyed pretty much everything I saw, even people I wasn't arsed about. Coldplay were boring but it looked amazing. Kiwanuka and Wolf Alice were both great and Kano was exceptional, especially in that rain, which really added to it. I loved the journey around the site and the little spoken word bits.

Was gutted that it fucked up but having another chance to watch is all I wanted really as knew I wouldn't make it to the end starting two hours late. Definitely won't ask for a refund! 

Gutted for them that it fucked up and that will likely overshadow a lot of the coverage.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Chris Martin did a song in there with a couple of female singers I didn't recognise, before it cut back to the pyramid field.

This was well weird.

Chris staring down the camera as it zooms in on his eyes, then he shuts his eyes.

Boom. He's in a different place singing a brand new song with different singers in Bon Iver stylee.

That's done and we see him open his eyes again. It was all inside his head!

32 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

is anyone trying or has been able to connect tonight for the AUS / NS screening? Who the hell do i contact to say we are getting error messages. SEE tickets phone line is closed

If you are getting the same invalid code message that we all got last night then try tweeting Drift or Glastonbury Festival 

Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed.  I had invited some friends round, we did the whole festival thing inside - the first time we'd been able to meet inside for what felt like forever.

We couldn't access it until 9 o'clock when they released the free code and couldn't rewind to see what we'd missed. Coldplay were fantastic and we were all on our feet having a great time. But everyone else so low key, slow and melancholy.  We wanted to party! Maybe I'm shallow. I know that all the performers were very good but just didn't hit the mood we wanted.  I'm going to invite them round again and instead play some banging tunes from people I've loved watching at festivals - everyone from Beans on Toast, Mik and Lekkido to The Cure, Foos, and yes, Coldplay again.
That said, I won't be asking for a refund obviously.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Shout out to MVP of the night @sameimpala. Even if lots of people couldn't watch simultaneously at home, the live commentary of the cinematic experience was brilliant and often hilarious.

Am so glad she got out of the cinema I had visions of staff coming in today to find her surrounded by empty Ben and Jerry cartons 😂

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The prime time hour and a half of Joe Exotic, Jorja Smith and the Radiohead b-side lads didn't exactly go off.

And then Damon was a bit dreary and started talking about someone who had died.  We all reacted "woah Damon, way to bring the mood down".  

We've been without live music for over a year (mainly) and we wanted to be on our feet jumping and singing.  Instead we were all sitting down chatting over the music.  Enjoyable in its own way but not what we had expected!

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

How long until all the sets are on Yotube do we think? I’m busy tonight but would like to have it on tomorrow while I’m working.

I reckon it’ll be something like a week, otherwise it could be seen as a slap in the face to people that paid for it?