Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

IOBI is a pretty big one, one of the better additions to the later Oasis canon...

DLBIA is obviously the big one, but then you've also got The Masterplan, Wonderwall, Half The World Away, Talk Tonight... some massive Oasis tunes there.

Fell asleep just reading those song titles. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would it not sound a bit shit with Noel singing instead of Liam?

Think Liam has it in his sets...

No idea. I just know it’s one of their only like 4 good songs.

And yeah it’s the only part of his 2017 set I remember.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

No idea. I just know it’s one of their only like 4 good songs.

And yeah it’s the only part of his 2017 set I remember.

I think certain Oasis songs become synonymous with the singer. You couldn't imagine Liam singing DLBIA for instance...

That said Noel does a version of Stop Crying Your Heart Out that's good.

(I'm aware you're not a fan so most of this will fall on deaf ears)

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I like Noel's picks - he did Champagne Supernova when I saw him in Portsmouth - but tbh I think his own stuff holds up well enough its often better than the covers. There's a live recording of his IOW set on YouTube and the Fort Knox > Holy Mountain opening looks class. 

I've got a lot of time for Noel's solo stuff. Said a few times that Who Built The Moon is the best album by Oasis or any act affiliated with them since The Masterplan. Certainly more interesting than Liam's brand of meat and potatoes rock and roll.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think certain Oasis songs become synonymous with the singer. You couldn't imagine Liam singing DLBIA for instance...

Haha nah I know the songs tbf, and saw Noel on his first arena tour which wasn’t bad.

He had a class tune as a bonus track or something on his first album. Should just play this.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Couldn't imagine Pierce O'brien singing it either but the mad bastard closed his debut gig with it

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Noel's solo output outshadows the bland stuff Liam has brought out though. Riverman, Ballad Of The Mighty I, If I Had a Gun, Everybody's On The Run, AKA What a Life,... 

Indeed, at least Noel tries to do something different.

That said Liam is refreshingly unpretentious, he seems self aware enough to know what he's good at and what people want and he gives it to them.

I've seen Liam twice (once at a festival, other time supporting the Stones) and Noel once (at a festival). Personally I found the Noel concert to be a much better set, and didn't just rely on a vibe of "waheeey lets get drunk and be obnoxious lads!"

Of course, you could just stop worrying about the setlists of some hasbeens from the 90s and see someone fresh & exciting at Glastonbury instead.

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

This. 

How these old knobs still are this popular in the UK is beyond me. 

Completely agree, I want to see Macca, because I love the beatles and really wanna have a headliner on the Pyramid, didn't have one in 2019, so would be the first since 17'. Really would rather not watch Noel to get a decent spot for him. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Completely agree, I want to see Macca, because I love the beatles and really wanna have a headliner on the Pyramid, didn't have one in 2019, so would be the first since 17'. Really would rather not watch Noel to get a decent spot for him. 

Get the big boy muscles out and charge through everyone.

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've seen Liam twice (once at a festival, other time supporting the Stones) and Noel once (at a festival). Personally I found the Noel concert to be a much better set, and didn't just rely on a vibe of "waheeey lets get drunk and be obnoxious lads!"

Of course, you could just stop worrying about the setlists of some hasbeens from the 90s and see someone fresh & exciting at Glastonbury instead.

Or you could greatly appreciate and want both?

I'd be ecstatic with a Noel set. The bloke is an icon and a genius. The old nobs still popular because he's written some of the best rock music of all time, and the early HFB's music is superb. 

I appreciate you said you liked the Noel concert so I'm not having a go, it's just that there are millions of people who can appreciate the kind of music which will never be written again, whilst at the same time have their fingers firmly crossed to see Dua Lipa's name on the bill (whilst also not falling into the 'ladsladslads let's chuck our pints of piss-water Carling' category 🙂)

This gig was a perfect example of how brilliantly he can perform and adapt Liam-led Oasis tracks.

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

How is that different to someone loving Oasis and wanting to see Noel? 

I am desperately hoping both are there.

• Like 1