Scientists say no BIG EVENTS for years

guypjfreak

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm watching the box and on JV program thier talking about no BIG EVENTS for maybe up to the 2 years...... Or more.. 

So no Glastonbury 

No FESTIVALS 

No tour de france 

No horse racing 

No football 

no more stinkin fun at all

You missed the last thing they said so I've added it for you

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Good grief. That headline is shocking. What he says it will be a struggle for big events to be on this summer. Because of that if they restart next year it will have been 2 1/2 years without any income.

More sensationalist bollocks from the Papers.

Ask 100 "scientists" and you'll probably get 25 different answers. Today they asked the one who's predicting a cataclysm, tomorrow it'll be "mass-crowded events back on in August". It's all click bait. 

Ignore the sensationalism, wear a mask, follow the rules, don't get too despondent with the bad news or too carried away with the good and take it a day at a time. That's my message.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ask 100 "scientists" and you'll probably get 25 different answers. Today they asked the one who's predicting a cataclysm, tomorrow it'll be "mass-crowded events back on in August". It's all click bait. 

Ignore the sensationalism, wear a mask, follow the rules, don't get too despondent with the bad news or too carried away with the good and take it a day at a time. That's my message.

Well said. It will end. All pandemics do. We can only do what we can do in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ask 100 scientists and you'll probably get 25 different answers. Today they asked the one who's predicting a cataclysm, tomorrow it'll be "mass-crowded events back on in August". It's all click bait. 

Hear hear! You can’t write off an entire year after only 1 month of it and things are slightly looking to improve on the horizon so I’m gonna keep optimistic and hopeful as I can 

Edited by Chapple12345

3 hours ago, Homer said:

I believe this is my queue to complain about the fact that I've somehow got a ticket to the final of the Euros...

I'm sure they offer refunds

3 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

That's if scientists get their way, which time and again the government have ignored. Cold science doesn't take into account, economy, mental health and most importantly to the government, voting trends

Agreed. But, the most recent action did take scientists advice generally...albeit 2 weeks late but that's Boris. And in fairness, even Hancock squashed any idea that schools could return soon after Boris mentioned it. The former is naturally just out for himself.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Correct, spot on,       👍😉upvote 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Clearly I'm out of the loop: where the fuck are the upvote buttons??!!

Ben
x

This seems about the best place to post this more positive news, the trialling of a new digital health passport app at venues in London and Bristol:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/uk-music-venues-to-trial-health-passports-covid-coronavirus-you-check-2872710

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben
x

Yeah that's a mystery to me too, though I think it might be for the best

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Have to agree with this.

Shame we can't upvote any more - have a virtual one.

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben
x

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This seems about the best place to post this more positive news, the trialling of a new digital health passport app at venues in London and Bristol:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/uk-music-venues-to-trial-health-passports-covid-coronavirus-you-check-2872710

Yeah that's a mystery to me too, though I think it might be for the best

Neil's removed the buttons, mainly because of dickheads in the Shit thread abusing it because they think they're on Twitter.

23 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Bloody scientists.  Wish they'd get back in their box with all their la-de-da strategies for minimising transmission risks, airy-fairy drugs/treatments for acute victims and these new-fangled, fancy-pants vaccines.

If only we'd left it up to the philosophers - they'd have sorted this mess out by now.

The philosophers are busy thinking about it.

the thinker.jpg

I'm aware it isn't necessarily without parallel - spaces like these were closed during the Spanish flu pandemic. I believe I saw an article saying cinemas in the UK shut for 2 years during this time. But it isn't ideal reading, especially given these industries aren't exactly in amazing health right now anyway after a year or so of this shit.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I'm aware it isn't necessarily without parallel - spaces like these were closed during the Spanish flu pandemic. I believe I saw an article saying cinemas in the UK shut for 2 years during this time. But it isn't ideal reading, especially given these industries aren't exactly in amazing health right now anyway after a year or so of this shit.

fortunately we have better science and medicine now which is getting better by the day ... so fingers crossed 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fortunately we have better science and medicine now which is getting better by the day ... so fingers crossed 

This is true and it would be good if we'll soon see it take effect. The last few days have felt like they've undone the good work that had started to build up, especially this thing that the South Africa strain wipes out the effectiveness of the AZ vaccine, which is not good.

If only this thing had mutated into less of a bastard, we'd perhaps be further down the road back towards happiness.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes didn’t realise that until a few days ago. Hate it when the actions of dickheads affect others 

Oh man!

I'm a veteran of 'net message boards and have seen some really toxic atmospheres evolve into just the most horrible behaviour. This place, whilst robust at times and, very occasionally, frequented by someone just on a dickish megatroll, has always managed to remain ultimately respectful without stifling opinion and debate. The votes are an important part of that. That's a shame. Not least of all as two of my group are highly upvoted and were currently having a right old ding-dong about who had the most!

Hopefully Neil will continue his admirable style of modding and reinstate them at such a point that he had made his, and the dickheads might moderate themselves...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh man!

I'm a veteran of 'net message boards and have seen some really toxic atmospheres evolve into just the most horrible behaviour. This place, whilst robust at times and, very occasionally, frequented by someone just on a dickish megatroll, has always managed to remain ultimately respectful without stifling opinion and debate. The votes are an important part of that. That's a shame. Not least of all as two of my group are highly upvoted and were currently having a right old ding-dong about who had the most!

Hopefully Neil will continue his admirable style of modding and reinstate them at such a point that he had made his, and the dickheads might moderate themselves...

Ben

If I could, I would upvote this. 

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh man!

Ben

Totally agree Ben 🙂