Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

19 hours ago, gfa said:

Electric Picnic have Fred Again as a Saturday Headliner alongside Capaldi - which is a bigger slot than Jamie XX has been given just to reignite the Fred Again placing arguments

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyRbPVqQBQ/?hl=en

I think he's headlining the 2nd stage here, Lewis Capaldi aside it's not a bad first announcement compared to previous years.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That bit about it being a while since they've played Werchter can't be true can it?

It’s been a few years. I think last time they were there was the Classic day with The National in 2018 rather than Werchter proper. They played a new festival last year, Hear Hear near Hasselt, with support from Liam Gallagher and Pixies. 

22 hours ago, Jon F said:

James are doing an orchestral tour next year - could work as the Pyramid opener on the Friday to give them a bit more setup time?

My thoughts, but they 'kinda' opened up Glastonbury in 2016 so not sure if they'd bag that slot again....

2 minutes ago, sfroml said:

My thoughts, but they 'kinda' opened up Glastonbury in 2016 so not sure if they'd bag that slot again....

I've seen them a couple of times since then and was disappointed both times.  Maybe I was just unlucky, but they weren't the live act they used to be.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not going to lie, the lineups at festivals so far are making me think this is a skip year… might save a bit of money.

All in on Glastonbury but everything else looks skippable. 

I'm certainly glad i skipped next year for European festivals, don't feel like im missing out on anything

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

First I've spotted of Divine Comedy on the circuit next year.. very happy to see it! I'll take this "around" quite gladly.

They're playing another festival I've not heard of before in Bucks over the same weekend so great to see Neil & co hitting the road again next summer.

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I've seen them a couple of times since then and was disappointed both times.  Maybe I was just unlucky, but they weren't the live act they used to be.

Wow, been watching them over 30 years  (50+ times) and think they're better than ever.....