LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Came in here after working this morning to find there's fewer pages of discussion on this thread after an actual announcement than there is when there hasn't been!

Needless to say, I have heard of three of them.

When's the next announcement?

That's because the discussion moves to the thread related to the announcement. This is all about the build up to the announcements 😄 

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

When do we usually get the full line-up with set times? One of my favourite days of the year

When is the lineup released?
By Date:

04 March 2022: First Line-up Poster 
12 March 2020: 
First Lineup Poster 
15 March 2019: First Lineup Poster
27 March 2013: Main Stages
29 March 2016: First Line up poster
30th March 2017: First Lineup Poster

4 April 2014: First lineup poster, most of main stages
11 April 2005: Full lineup
14 April 2010: Main stages
14 April 2011: Main stages
14 April 2015: First line up poster (no 3rd headliner)

29 April 2008: Main Stages
22 May 2014: Full lineup and times

25 May 2009: Full lineup
29 May 2008: Full lineup
29 May 2019: Full lineup with times
30 May 2003: Full lineup
30 May 2013: Full lineup
30 May 2017: Full Lineup including days and times
31 May 2007: Full lineup
31 May 2016: Full Line Up including days and times
1 June 2000: Line up announced in The Guardian
1 June 2004: Full lineup
2 June 2015: Full line up including days & set times
13 June 2011: Full lineup with times

17 June 2010: Full line up with times
19 June 2002: Full lineup

9 minutes ago, tumbles said:

That would be awesome if a little crammed.  When FBS played there last time it was rammed. 

I think as a wider point what tends to get forgotten when booking big names for smaller stages is that no matter how much capacity GFL raise the general admission tickets by, the stages/areas don't get any bigger.

And generally speaking there's only so many people you can have trying to watch the same thing before it becomes too crowded/uncomfortable, can't hear anything etc.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When is the lineup released?
By Date:

13 June 2011: Full lineup with times
17 June 2010: Full line up with times

These two were the background to the Thingy being created in the lead up to 2013. If you think we are going nuts in this thread now (yesterday), it is nothing compared to the pain and insanity experienced then. A full line up drop the week before was pretty brutal and left no time to work out who to see unless you knew them already.

Edit: I think we were well north of 500 pages by this equivalent time and wondering if we would hit 1000 for the first time ever before the line up dropped. [insert Wolf of Wall Street meme here]

Edited by Beaver89
added memory

6 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

These two were the background to the Thingy being created in the lead up to 2013. If you think we are going nuts in this thread now (yesterday), it is nothing compared to the pain and insanity experienced then. A full line up drop the week before was pretty brutal and left no time to work out who to see unless you knew them already.

Yes 2010 was my first festival as well. I remember printing out clashfinder and bringing it to work and asking people for recommendations but I know I didn't see most of them and this is probably why. I had no time to listen to most of them. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I think as a wider point what tends to get forgotten when booking big names for smaller stages is that no matter how much capacity GFL raise the general admission tickets by, the stages/areas don't get any bigger.

And generally speaking there's only so many people you can have trying to watch the same thing before it becomes too crowded/uncomfortable, can't hear anything etc.

They do though - the addition of the whole Park area, Arcadia taking a camping field, adding the SE corner fields, increase in the size of the Pyramid arena are all significant increases in audience capacity. 

And this year, is looks like Silver Hayes stages are increasing in size with the addition of an actual main stage.