LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

We could maybe have a sub open, can see him before Kendrick

Would love that so fingers crossed. Him being a secret set would be ace but just means he’s almost definitely gonna be up against somebody else I wanna see on one of the bigger stages.

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

They sold the spider to a company in Las Vegas I thought? So they'd have to build another one and you might find the selling of the original 'exclusive' meant they couldnt simply reproduce it elsewhere? 

There’s no truth in that rumour. 

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/installations

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

We could maybe have a sub open, can see him before Kendrick

Yeah that would make sense to me too. Wolf Alice/Doja Cat Friday sub and third, Jack White Sunday sub and Lorde as the missing Other headliner. 

I’m not too fussed what it is but hoping for another announcement today, it always starts to feel real at this time of year when we get posters for the smaller areas.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think it will be a real retrograde step if we end up back with the spider, but it is what it is if it comes down to the planning issue, shame though:

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/pangea

That photo doesn’t describe the real life experience for any of us though, does it? 😂

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

That photo doesn’t describe the real life experience for any of us though, does it? 😂

I’m talking about how it was meant to evolve over 5 years?

Year 2 will see new life populate the sky. Who knows where year 3 will take us... but it won't be anywhere you've been before.

I personally get bored of looking at the same thing year after year but each to their own.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah that would make sense to me too. Wolf Alice/Doja Cat Friday sub and third, Jack White Sunday sub and Lorde as the missing Other headliner. 

I’m not too fussed what it is but hoping for another announcement today, it always starts to feel real at this time of year when we get posters for the smaller areas.

I’d be fuming over missing Lorde but seeing her at Primavera so that would work out perfect for me. Hope that’s how it pans out, although feel like that Sunday is gonna have a pretty quiet Pyramid field if Jack and Kendrick are our top two (and Pet Shop Boys crowd will be ginormous).

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Someone mentioned the glade might not be there … so I’m quite keen to hear that one too … 

trees been chopped down and sold to an international logging company. the eavii had to do something during lockdown.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d be fuming over missing Lorde but seeing her at Primavera so that would work out perfect for me. Hope that’s how it pans out, although feel like that Sunday is gonna have a pretty quiet Pyramid field if Jack and Kendrick are our top two (and Pet Shop Boys crowd will be ginormous).

Just can’t see it myself.  Lorde is a great Sunday sub.  (And I don’t want her clashing with Macca, so nope…. It’s out of the question)

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m talking about how it was meant to evolve over 5 years?

Year 2 will see new life populate the sky. Who knows where year 3 will take us... but it won't be anywhere you've been before.

I personally get bored of looking at the same thing year after year but each to their own.

It’s clear it’s due to planning consent, not a lack of imagination or desire to create something different. 

There’s not really any other option! 

Just now, gfa said:

Our group would be delighted with this i think

If you’ve not seen either as a newbie the spider after 10 plus years of development you are in for an absolute treat …. The thing that still gets me is the blasts of fire that make me jump out of my skin even though I know they are coming … the music really doesn’t matter so much … it’s why it’s called arcadia spectacular 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Someone mentioned the glade might not be there … so I’m quite keen to hear that one too … 

My friends work for the glade every year and they are all on for this year, numbers logistics etc so I think this rumour has no legs