LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

And some people, such as Lekkido, Mik and Just Two Mums, get marked multiple times so that I can try to catch the most convenient.  I swear though that everywhere I went in 2019, there was Lekkido!!

I’ve never seen lekeido or mik …. Plenty of fatboy and Chris Martin though 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

And some people, such as Lekkido, Mik and Just Two Mums, get marked multiple times so that I can try to catch the most convenient.  I swear though that everywhere I went in 2019, there was Lekkido!!

See I have somehow in 7 Glastonburys never managed to see him yet whereas one year I thought Mik was stalking me everywhere I went there he was 😄 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I'm a planner and really enjoy the planning. I just make multiple plans 😄 The key thing is not to underestimate how tiring it is and how long it can take to go between stages and how much the weather or hunger or just seeing something random might derail your day. I usually mark everything I am interested in so that if I end up in the park at x time I can see what things are near there that I want to see. 

The best thing though is to own your choices and don't worry about what you are missing out on because at Glastonbury absolutely everyone is missing something. Also if you go to something and it's not as good as you expected or the atmosphere is off or you don't feel comfortable it's fine to move on. Hope you have a wonderful first festival. 

Ah yes maybe many, many plans is the answer cheers! I've just never really looked that much into glastonbury because I've never got tickets, so had a BBC view of how much there was, massive underestimation.

1 hour ago, mazola said:

@Lushroom If it's your first time, not sure if you are aware of the clashfinder?

If you want to blow your mind about just how much is on, visit the 2019 clashfinder (https://clashfinder.com/s/g2019/) and go in to the settings and select all stages.

This is amazing, thank you. Will spend many hours on this

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Arcadia is the one I'm most hyped for given some of the rumours, aphex, chems etc.. spider or crane??

I'd hazard a guess that Arcadia will be one of the last. 

Last I heard was it was still undecided between spider or crane so I'd expect the lineup announcement to coincide with a bit about what they've decided to do with that area.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'd hazard a guess that Arcadia will be one of the last. 

Last I heard was it was still undecided between spider or crane so I'd expect the lineup announcement to coincide with a bit about what they've decided to do with that area.

I think it all depends on if they can squeeze the crane in without the locals noticing. 

5 minutes ago, leath02 said:

What was the issue with the crane? 

It's been refused planning consent twice - and it's too expensive to fully remove it each year, which makes it unviable. 

They have apparently decided it's not worth spending more time and money on developing the concept, but this is not confirmed by anyone official yet. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Failed planning permission and appeals is the short answer 

fair enough! 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It wasn't very good.

I quite liked it!

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's been refused planning consent twice - and it's too expensive to fully remove it each year, which makes it unviable. 

They have apparently decided it's not worth spending more time and money on developing the concept, but this is not confirmed by anyone official yet. 

looking forward to seeing what happens in that case!