LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't think you can "get" Mik unless you see him to be fair.  Maybe the same is true of Kae but I don't get them either, and I haven't seen them.

Kae is definitely more powerful live but they are a marmite artist I think. I am in the love camp but I know quite a few who really don't like them. 

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Similar to kae tempest … I’ve never quite got it 

I've seen Kae and I didn't get it either.   Well, I saw Kate, before they were Kae. 

Anyway, it's like when I've visited modern art galleries - I wish I got what other people get from it but it's just not there for me. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I've seen Kae and I didn't get it either.   Well, I saw Kate, before they were Kae. 

Anyway, it's like when I've visited modern art galleries - I wish I got what other people get from it but it's just not there for me. 

Yeah I think that’s summed it up quite well … rave reviews on here … I went along with my brother and had no idea what to expect … saw the reviews after 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

My friend cannot stand Kae's voice and interestingly one of his favourite artists is one of the few voices that I cannot stand (so much so that even though they are on the Glastonbury line up this year I have not put them on the playlist).  Just goes to show that not everything is for everyone and that's perfectly okay. 

1 hour ago, Divein said:

Maybe they did jump the gun/, but @Gnomicidesuggested its the same person who does their specials and the glade socials so would be pretty funny if they messed up on that scale.

Sorry, I meant the Avalon and Glade social media person was the same, not Dub Pistols.

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

There is absolutely no way on earth that the Glade isn't there.

But pizza.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

The thing is, you can catch Mik at a time when there might not be much on to see anywhere else e.g. on the Thursday afternoon, so you don't have to risk much!

Yep pretty sure we have even seen him on the Wednesday before. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Sorry, I meant the Avalon and Glade social media person was the same, not Dub Pistols.

Ah perhaps they are a week apart and on Tuesday we'll get The Glade and he sent the wrong email to Dub Pistols. That's my theory for now. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep pretty sure we have even seen him on the Wednesday before. 

Yeah he tends to do the Croissant Neuf Bandstand at 4pm on the Wednesday.

Always a great atmosphere and the Ridge & Furrow is close by if you're inclined for the efests meet afterwards.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Always a great atmosphere and the Ridge & Furrow is close by if you're inclined for the efests meet afterwards.

I'm sure that's the very combo I have done in the past!!

45 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My friend cannot stand Kae's voice and interestingly one of his favourite artists is one of the few voices that I cannot stand (so much so that even though they are on the Glastonbury line up this year I have not put them on the playlist).  Just goes to show that not everything is for everyone and that's perfectly okay. 

A (Scottish) friend of mine is CONVINCED that Kae is putting on their South London accent and hates it.  As a south London resident, i can confirm they are not 😢

4 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

A (Scottish) friend of mine is CONVINCED that Kae is putting on their South London accent and hates it.  As a south London resident, i can confirm they are not 😢

It's funny a lot of peoples strong feeling about a voice can come down to an accent especially one that is not perceived to be authentic. 

50 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yep that's probably what I did in 2019 then.  It was definitely Croissant Neuf in the sunshine in the afternoon but was hazy on which day it was.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

We were in Spike on the Wednesday in 2019 and they were playing a recording of some of their spoken word stuff without any backing and somebody in the group next to us stood up and loudly declared in beautiful RP "It seems lovely in here but we have to leave because I cannot stand this women's voice!" Which amused us much more than it should.

1 minute ago, BlackZeppelin said:

I never get any inside information,  but I have a third hand confirmation that Jack White will be performing...not a huge surprise,  but a welcome addition

Ooh lovely. I had a feeling he was gonna do a secret set what with his convenient dates so I’ll stick with that as I can’t think where he’d fit on the lineup if announced. I suppose we’ve still got an open Saturday Other headliner… but I don’t see him vs. Macca/I really want to see him and I’d be fuming with that clash.