LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

There's been 5 announcements on 14th April. 

Which is weird because as we all know, #ThereIsNoPattern 

In 2000 - Chemical Brothers, Travis & David Bowie.

In 2010 - the line-up for the main stages (plus a few little ones) including day splits.

In 2011 - the line-up poster including stage splits.

In 2015 - the 1st poster, but it was missing a final headliner.

In 2019 - Silver Hayes

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

ok , but silver hayes is run by a different crew this year .. just saying 🙂

I’m not sure that makes a difference because ultimately it will still be Glastonbury in charge of when the announcements are made, otherwise it would be a free for all every year, rather than gradual coordinated announcements every few days.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm wondering if that might be a bit delayed/later as once the map is out then all the 'secrets' about some of the changes will be apparent....especially over the future of Pangea.

Entirely possible yep … map coming soon probably has raised my hopes unreasonably …. Probably more likely to get the glade ….. also looking last night bank holidays don’t absolutely rule out Announcements 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Entirely possible yep … map coming soon probably has raised my hopes unreasonably …. Probably more likely to get the glade ….. also looking last night bank holidays don’t absolutely rule out Announcements 

Personally I would like my coach departure and return times before the map. 😄

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm wondering if that might be a bit delayed/later as once the map is out then all the 'secrets' about some of the changes will be apparent....especially over the future of Pangea.

The map might just say ARCADIA on that field and not confirm either way! 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah It feels odd not being able to plan arrival logistics yet …. 

Yep, rather frustrating....but not much we can do about it! 

We've got 2 coming in a car and 5 of us on the coach (the two in a car don't live anywhere near us anymore and four of us are on a coach from Oxford and one is on a coach from Reading) and can't even start to think where we will camp now because we don't know when the bulk of us will be arriving.

Edited by gooner1990

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That would probably confirm the spider though, as it was renamed Pangea for the crane.

Actually, it said ‘Arcadia’s Pangea’ on the map.

Arcadia is the company, with 5 different stages including the crane (RIP) 😂

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

SH is now run by team love , they also run the downs festival , and love saves the day in bristol , which are two awesome gigs , quite a few of the original team are team love anyway 🙂

Do you think this will mean a revamp for Silver Hayes?

I watched a ton of videos on YouTube with Malcolm and someone called Lou Fitzpatrick about how they put SH together back in 2013/2014...was interesting.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Ooh lovely. I had a feeling he was gonna do a secret set what with his convenient dates so I’ll stick with that as I can’t think where he’d fit on the lineup if announced. I suppose we’ve still got an open Saturday Other headliner… but I don’t see him vs. Macca/I really want to see him and I’d be fuming with that clash. 

We could maybe have a sub open, can see him before Kendrick