LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Hard “no” for me on Flo subbing. Personally, yeah what a show that would be before Kendrick, but as a fan it’s a backward step for her. I’d hate to see her slide down the pecking order like that. This new single hopefully does big things, followed by the record, and she headlines alongside Taylor and Monkeys next year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hard “no” for me on Flo subbing. Personally, yeah what a show that would be before Kendrick, but as a fan it’s a backward step for her. I’d hate to see her slide down the pecking order like that. This new single hopefully does big things, followed by the record, and she headlines alongside Taylor and Monkeys next year.

agreed

Zero reason to not have a poster with the balance window. If it was previously stated that there was not going to be a resale ( last year ) due to next to almost no ticket returns, how is there expected to be a resale this year if you dont let people decide based off a poster? Everyone will most likely keep their tickets and then you have a useless resale on your hands again. Or will people not pay their balance because they didnt get the poster and think its too much of a gamble to keep their ticket? ( which is sort of foolish )  The only legit reasons I see of anyone having to return their deposit will be the small percentage of people who have real life stuff thats gonna happen around it like a wedding or a pregnancy.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Zero reason to not have a poster with the balance window. If it was previously stated that there was not going to be a resale ( last year ) due to next to almost no ticket returns, how is there expected to be a resale this year if you dont let people decide based off a poster? Everyone will most likely keep their tickets and then you have a useless resale on your hands again. Or will people not pay their balance because they didnt get the poster and think its too much of a gamble to keep their ticket? ( which is sort of foolish )  The only legit reasons I see of anyone having to return their deposit will be the small percentage of people who have real life stuff thats gonna happen around it like a wedding or a pregnancy.

Or other things people have been unable to do .., like go abroad ? You’ll be suprised the number of tickets going back in the pot … 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Or other things people have been unable to do .., like go abroad ? You’ll be suprised the number of tickets going back in the pot … 

One of our group is going on holiday instead and another was waiting to see if Taylor would be back on the lineup. Since that's not happening they're going away too. I reckon there will be a decent amount in the resale pot this year

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

One of our group is going on holiday instead and another was waiting to see if Taylor would be back on the lineup. Since that's not happening they're going away too. I reckon there will be a decent amount in the resale pot this year

Yep sometimes people aren’t quite as commited as the people on here … especially those that might not have been before … we’ve also had quite a break from seeing the coverage on the bbc … I’ve seen lots of evidence of people unable to go this year 

20 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

That's so bizarre that going to Glastonbury is wholly dictated by whether one artist is there or not. Would they have jacked in their 2020 festival if it went ahead and Swift wasn't headlining? Can't wrap my head round that.

43 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

One reason would be that the lineup simply isn't ready. 

The balance window has been brought forward to take advantage of tax breaks on tickets that expire 1st April, not related to bookings.

It could well be that they won't be able to bring enough of their planning forward to release a comprehensive lineup on 28feb/1st March, which is about 2 weeks earlier than the last few festivals.

Edited by Leyrulion
Clarity

(1) Florence definitely isn't subbing, she's headliner sized (look at all of the other big festivals she's headlining this summer, and summer 2018/2019/2016/2015)
(2) they haven't been announced for latitude, some people just think they look 'likely'. i personally don't think she's headlining latitude but i guess we'll find out thursday
(3) can definitely see florence headlining in 2023, perhaps as a final show of this era?

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

One reason would be that the lineup simply isn't ready. 

The balance window has been brought forward to take advantage of tax breaks on tickets that expire 1st April. 

It could well be that they won't be able to bring enough of their planning forward to release a comprehensive lineup in 28feb/1st March, which is about 2 weeks earlier than the last few festivals.

Theyve had 2 years now instead of 9 months. All theyve had to fight over is agents trying to get a better stage slot cause their artist got a few extra million streams. You can avoid some fuss by making the poster alphabetical again so nobody can say a damn thing about it. If they really didnt wanna be put under the gun then dont announce the balance window for the dates they gave. If they made it later and put the poster out before that time you just made people happy instead of frustrated. There isnt gonna be some 11th hour headliner pull out like Coachella, cause it seems they might have their backup ready to go from the look of it.

28 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

It will be a bigger amount of tickets available in the resale than usual (life changes a lot in couple of years), but I also think that the demand will be very high. We are talking that some people may be 3 years in a row without Glasto if they don't take tickets this time.

Absolutely. People who didn't get tickets for 2020 will feel like they have been "locked out" for 3 years. Of course everyone has, but the desire there will be enormous (especially given how desperate for fun everyone is). We're also going to have two years worth of people who would have done it as a rite of passage in the mix. 

For these reasons I think that 23 could also be carnage on the ticket front. 

2 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Absolutely. People who didn't get tickets for 2020 will feel like they have been "locked out" for 3 years. Of course everyone has, but the desire there will be enormous (especially given how desperate for fun everyone is). We're also going to have two years worth of people who would have done it as a rite of passage in the mix. 

For these reasons I think that 23 could also be carnage on the ticket front. 

I dunno, having an old fart and two people no one has ever heard of headlining in 2022 could really hurt the demand.

• Upvote 1