Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

Looks like The Killers last week = The Cure this week in the amount of votes being used on them both up and down.

Seems to be two distinct camps here - those who appreciate the 2019 headline slot for the masterclass that it was, and those that just don't get it.

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Looks like The Killers last week = The Cure this week in the amount of votes being used on them both up and down.

Seems to be two distinct camps here - those who appreciate the 2019 headline slot for the masterclass that it was, and those that just don't get it.

There's also a third camp of those of us who just love The Cure but missed 2019 and try not to think too much about that headline set because it makes us too depressed (and then we go and listen to The Cure some more! Saved you naysayers the trouble of making the joke).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I like The Cure, but that set left me pretty cold. Wandered off after a few songs.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I like The Cure, but that set left me pretty cold. Wandered off after a few songs.

Isn't it just brilliant that we can do that, though? One world class act doesn't tickle our fancy and we have an entire little city bursting with creativity to go and have a fantastic time at instead. God, I love this festival.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Isn't it just brilliant that we can do that, though? One world class act doesn't tickle our fancy and we have an entire little city bursting with creativity to go and have a fantastic time at instead. God, I love this festival.

Or we can dance at a burger van 🙂 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I first got that in 1998, watching Dylan at my second Glastonbury.  I realised that he was doing completely different tunes to all his songs and wasn't having it, so went off to see Bernard Butler.  If I'd paid for a ticket to watch Dylan at his own gig, I would have had to suffer through the whole tedious affair!

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I first got that in 1998, watching Dylan at my second Glastonbury.  I realised that he was doing completely different tunes to all his songs and wasn't having it, so went off to see Bernard Butler.  If I'd paid for a ticket to watch Dylan at his own gig, I would have had to suffer through the whole tedious affair!

I saw him at Hyde Park in 1996. It was only when he was a minute or two into each song that you could work out what the hell it was. I understand he likes to keep it fresh for himself, but in the meantime he's alienating all but the dedicated bob-cats, and making it difficult for his band members who, I understand, are little better off than the audience in working out what song he's actually playing.

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I saw him at Hyde Park in 1996. It was only when he was a minute or two into each song that you could work out what the hell it was. I understand he likes to keep it fresh for himself, but in the meantime he's alienating all but the dedicated bob-cats, and making it difficult for his band members who, I understand, are little better off than the audience in working out what song he's actually playing.

I was never heavy into Dylan, so it was several songs in when another unrecognisable tune finished with "But she breaks just like a little girl" when I stormed off!

7 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

While we're here, can we hold a moratorium on people giving negative karma simply based on voting preferences.

Have spotted at least one user downvoting anyone who was trying to keep up the artist they were hoping to kill off, which seems pretty far from the spirit of the game/forum/fest. Let's knock that on the head, shall we?

I think it’s fascinating seeing the various reactions to the point deductions. Some folks really don’t seem to like it and can’t appreciate that others might just have different tastes. We got to a very strong set of acts quite quickly and someone’s gotta go, negative points may just mean ‘least favourite’ rather than ‘actively dislike’.

Most is completely done in jest of course but apart from the downvoting we’ve seen thinly veiled, and sometimes overt, accusations of misogyny or racism, threats of retaliation (good humoured of course, I’ve seen no actual threats), accusations of being fake accounts, indignation/snobbery at ‘old white men’ being popular, complete reversals of other posters scoring ( obvious when some one allocated points to multiple artists), attempts at soliciting collusion... and probably quite a few other odd reactions.

Like I said I’m assuming it’s all meant in good fun, and in most cases it obviously is meant that way 🙂

Edit: just like to add that the connections and interactions between eFesters, has made the thread much more fun than just dry, vote casting 🙂

A9983431-E69E-49F1-A068-81CDF4309506.jpeg

Edited by John the Moth

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

I think it’s fascinating seeing the various reactions to the point deductions. Some folks really don’t seem to like it and can’t appreciate that others might just have different tastes. We got to a very strong set of acts quite quickly and someone’s gotta go, negative points may just mean ‘least favourite’ rather than ‘actively dislike’.

Most is completely done in jest of course but apart from the downvoting we’ve seen thinly veiled, and sometimes overt, accusations of misogyny or racism, threats of retaliation (good humoured of course, I’ve seen no actual threats), accusations of being fake accounts, indignation/snobbery at ‘old white men’ being popular, complete reversals of other posters scoring ( obvious when some one allocated points to multiple artists), attempts at soliciting collusion... and probably quite a few other odd reactions.

Like I said I’m assuming it’s all meant in good fun, and in most cases it obviously is meant that way 🙂

Edit: just like to add that the connections and interactions between eFesters, has made the thread much more fun than just dry, vote casting 🙂

A9983431-E69E-49F1-A068-81CDF4309506.jpeg

Up yours Spock!

• Upvote 1

The Cure - 110

Radiohead - 185

The Rolling Stones - 198

Stevie Wonder - 205

Blur - 185

R.E.M. - 220

David Bowie - 300

Pulp - 115 (-10)

Take the following with a grain of salt considering I just took points off the only female left in the game. I find it kind of obvious that the majority of the acts left are white and male. They make up the majority of the headliners over the past few years so it makes sense, right? But it also makes me sad. Chin up for the future!