Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

24 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

For those saying this is moving too slowly, here are the total number of points accumulated by all acts over the last few days: 

Present: 1,093

Noon today: 1,127

Noon March 17th: 1,275

Noon March 16th: 1,275

Noon March 15th: 1,249

Noon March 14th: 1,283

So we're gradually whittling down, from a starting point of 2,300 when we had all artists on 50 points each. 

bored today ? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The starting position. Just curious. 

God I'm old:

Paul McCartney

Metallica

The Rolling Stones

Neil Young

Bruce Springsteen

I'm sure you'll agree that's a very eclectic and inclusive set of headliners.

I've no truck with what's left, just that voting the Stones out is madness, not just the greatest Glastonbury headliner set of all time but the greatest gig of all time.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm sure you'll agree that's a very eclectic and inclusive set of headliners

Doesn’t matter in the slightest. Eclecticism is what the collective bring to the festival, not the individual. Somehow, together, all musical and creative expression has its place. Your list of ageing white men is just as legit as anybody else’s choices! 

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Considering Radiohead and Stevie Wonder are my two favourite artists on the planet, I'm both excited and frightened by the idea of them battling it out in the finale. 

Now theres an eclectic pairing. Noice.

Radiohead making it to the last two? Not while I have my strength they dont...

• Upvote 1

I've been following this one with a passing eye (I have a short attention span for stuff like this, which is why I never do well in fantasy leagues) and I have to admit to being genuinely amazed that the Stones have gone.  I certainly had them down to outlast Goth Bob and (as much as I love them) REM. 2013 was a set for the ages.

I think the Stones deserved to be up in the final 5 of:

Radiohead

Stevie Wonder

Blur

Stones

David Bowie 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

God I'm old:

Paul McCartney

Metallica

The Rolling Stones

Neil Young

Bruce Springsteen

I'm sure you'll agree that's a very eclectic and inclusive set of headliners.

I've no truck with what's left, just that voting the Stones out is madness, not just the greatest Glastonbury headliner set of all time but the greatest gig of all time.

I concur. Was a night I will never forget especially sprinkling some of dads ashes during it 😥 

15 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Everyone likes an upset. Consider this our very own 'Messi and Ronaldo dumped out the Champions League before the quarter finals'

Goth Bob might be Liverpool – a relic of the '80s having a mildly surprising yet well earned 2019 renaissance – while REM are Porto's very own battle-scattered, world-class baldie Pepe.

Blur - Arsenal: Massive rivalry with the Mancunian lot in the 90’s. Best days might be behind them but can still turn it on at times and love a big occasion in London...

Radiohead - Man City: When it all clicks it’s like a higher form of art... can sometimes overthink things though.

The Cure - Liverpool: Massive in the 80’s and experienced a revival in 2019 (credit: @Ddiamondd)

Stevie Wonder - Ajax: Bags of history and still possesses a touch of class.

Bowie - Real Madrid: Synonymous with being at the very top, even during ropey years still pulls out successes. Slightly troubling links to facism in the past...

REM - AC Milan: Absolute powerhouse in the 90’s. Not done a huge amount since.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Genuinely shocked that we are about to lose the Stones and probably Blur soon. Thought they were both locks for final five at the very least.

Surprised the Cure have done so well and Stevie Wonder seems to have quietly built up a shitload of points without anyone really noticing.

I’m genuinely shocked The Rolling Stones lasted this long. 

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think ol’Stevie benefits from general widespread respect. He’s less marmite than some of the others and his catalogue contains more classics than any other artist still in contention. He’s a difficult act to take points from. 

Woah woah woah. David would like a word.