Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

On 3/4/2022 at 2:33 PM, the wonderwhy said:

This is where everyone was due to play in 2020. I'm assuming a lot of them will stay the same. 

Pyramid:
Kendrick Lamar
Paul McCartney

Taylor Swift
Diana Ross
Camila Cabelo
Candi Staton
Crowded House
Elbow
HAIM
Herbie Hancock

Kacey Musgraves
Lana Del Rey
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Rufus Wainwright
Sinead O'Connor
The Specials

Other:
Dua Lipa
Pet Shop Boys
Fatboy Slim
AJ Tracey
Anderson .Paak
Anna Calvi
Blossoms
Declan McKenna

Dizzee Rascal
Happy Mondays
La Roux
Lianne La Havas
The Lightning Seeds
Mabel
Metronomy
Nadine Shah
Robyn
Sam Fender
Skunk Anasie
Supergrass

The Staves

West Holts:
Black Uhuru
Brittany Howard
Celeste
Danny Brown
Earthgang
Gilberto Gil
Greentea Peng
The Isley Brothers
Kano
Kelis
KOKOKO!
Nubya Garcia
Richard Dawson
Sean Kuti & Egypt 80
Snarky Puppy
Thom Yorke
Thundercat
TLC
Tom Misch

John Peel:
Aitch
Angel Olsen
BANKS
beabadoobee
The Big Moon
Burna Boy
Cage The Elephant
Charli XCX
Clairo

Editors
FKA Twigs
Glass Animals
Jehnny Beth
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream

Soccer Mommy
Tones and I

Park:
Baxter Dury
Big Thief
Caribou
Cate Le Bon
Confidence Man

EOB
Fontaines DC
Goldfrapp
Jarvis Cocker
Khruangbin

Laura Marling
London Grammar
Manic Street Preachers
Phoebe Bridgers
Sampa the Great
Squid

The Avalanches
The Orielles
Tinariwen

Here you go 

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think his fanbase is not efestivals demographic and probably flies under our radar. I can’t say I keep up too much with him. But he’s the sort of act that would probably have more of a pull with the g audience than we give credit.

My mates who purely go to Glasto for dance music would see him over McCartney et al.

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So different. I thought my group would flake on Macca if someone they liked was on, but I’m already hearing from them that they will at least see 50% of Macca no matter what.

image.png.37292436e2588e596a0b57d9ccdf55cd.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Fair enough on Ghetts, not someone I’m hugely familiar with.

Do we know Crowded House are on Sunday? They have Friday free and playing Sunday would mean playing six days in a row which seems unlikely.

I’m pretty sure The Waterboys weren’t on that Pyramid playlist for 2020 but I suppose they could play there this year.

I think it’s odd that Anderson Paak is in the country and conveniently free on the Sunday so I think he’s still an option, definitely space for one or two names of that size.

I think Phoebe Bridgers would be ok there but I see your point, to be fair I did originally have her slightly higher which is possibly more realistic.

Agree with you that Anderson surely is playing. Why would he not..?

I also think you might be right with Phoebe. I think she's on a bigger stage but lower down, rather than a smaller stage higher up/headlining.

29 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I posted those whole playlists and who had made it on to this year's lineup from them at least twice ffs 

I knew the playlists existed so just didn’t know there was a Pymild one. Don’t pay attention to your posts.

38 minutes ago, jparx said:

I also think you might be right with Phoebe. I think she's on a bigger stage but lower down, rather than a smaller stage higher up/headlining.

Could be a bit of a death spot on a big stage depending on time

just imagine the atmosphere on the Park with the sun gone down... Punisher was made for it.

I'm sure either would be great, but also keep coming back to that latitude 'headline exclusive' line, so might be bang on here.

2 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

just imagine the atmosphere on the Park with the sun gone down... Punisher was made for it.

I'm sure either would be great, but also keep coming back to that latitude 'headline exclusive' line, so might be bang on here.

Latitude didn’t say that. They said she’s a festival exclusive. “Headline exclusive” was a theory concocted on here.

6 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

The Park would totally be the best slot, but yeah I'm not too sure if that's happening (maybe subbing it, but she seems too big for that?). Maybe subbing John Peel?

18 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Latitude didn’t say that. They said she’s a festival exclusive. “Headline exclusive” was a theory concocted on here.

image.png.86856259b91e39497e1c8b494243d0bc.png

Possibly am overly dissecting that sentence given that it obviously wasn't a UK festival exclusive, who the hell knows, i hope you're right.

Latitude is local to my Suffolk roots so either way i'm there in July for the day.

18 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

image.png.86856259b91e39497e1c8b494243d0bc.png

Possibly am overly dissecting that sentence given that it obviously wasn't a UK festival exclusive, who the hell knows, i hope you're right.

Latitude is local to my Suffolk roots so either way i'm there in July for the day.

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Park would totally be the best slot, but yeah I'm not too sure if that's happening (maybe subbing it, but she seems too big for that?). Maybe subbing John Peel?

Would deal on JP for sure, but yeah fingers crossed for Park

Was mentioned already but only for the website, so I didn't give much importance. However, Phoebe just posted the tour poster and clearly shows Glasto 24-25 🧐 It smells like clearly two sets. For the rest of the festivals she shared the specific date and not a window. 

How amazing would be Phoebe opening Friday The Park. 

EDIT: Was posted already! 

IMG_20220307_194258.jpg

Edited by AlexOvd

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

Was mentioned already but only for the website, so I didn't give much importance. However, Phoebe just posted the tour poster and clearly shows Glasto 24-25 🧐 It smells like clearly two sets. For the rest of the festivals she shared the specific date and not a window. 

How amazing would be Phoebe opening Friday The Park. 

EDIT: Was posted already! 

IMG_20220307_194258.jpg

Or her Saturday appearance is on the pointy one with ole Macca.

26 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Been told in fairly unequivocal terms than none in my group are interested in Macca, so Kendrick it is (which is fine) but it does mean I need Four Tet and Bicep to be on Friday and Saturday respectively. 

Everyday that goes by I am looking more and more likely to be at Bicep, Four Tet and Caribou. Hopefully Caribou subs one of them so i can do something else on Sunday

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

Everyday that goes by I am looking more and more likely to be at Bicep, Four Tet and Caribou. Hopefully Caribou subs one of them so i can do something else on Sunday

Caribou likely to be headlining The Park like he was in 2020, no? or was that headline slot just pure speculation in the first place

Hi guys.. thought I'd have a go. And this Friday night clash is unbearable for me so I'd be happy to hear dissenting views!

FRIDAY 
Pyramid - Billie // Wolf Alice // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainwright 
Other - Foals // Supergrass // Sam Fender // Blossoms // St. Vincent // Inhaler
West Holts - Little Simz // Bonobo // Nightmares on Wax // Celeste // Koffee // Clairo
John Peel - Four Tet // Ghetts // black midi // Holly Humberstone // Turnstile // Warmduscher
Park - Phoebe Bridgers // Self Esteem // The Avalanches // Jarv Is... // Wet Leg // Girl in Red

SATURDAY 
Pyramid - Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher // Haim // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid // The Waterboys 
Other - Megan thee Stallion // Glass Animals // Metronomy // Declan McKenna // Griff // Skunk Anansie 
West Holts - Bicep // TLC // Tems // Nubya Garcia // Emma-Jane Thackray // Joy Crookes
John Peel - Charli XCX // Burna Boy // Jessie Ware // Yves Tumor // Gabriels // Amyl + the Sniffers 
Park - Roisin Murphy // First Aid Kit // Dry Cleaning // Confidence Man // Squid // Sampa The Great

SUNDAY 
Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat // Lorde // Diana Ross // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock 
Other - Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Idles // Courtney Barnett // Arlo Parks // Lianne le Havas 
West Holts - Leon Bridges // Khruangbin // Sean Kuti & Egypt 80 // Angelique Kidjo // Greentea Peng // Snarky Puppy 
John Peel - Primal Scream // Fontaines D.C. // The Jesus and Mary Chain // Sleaford Mods // Caroline Palochek // Beabadoobee 
Park - Caribou // Big Thief // TBA SECRET SET // Mitski // Cate le Bon // Easy Life 

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There's loads of acts (Bicep, First Aid Kit, St. Vincent, Khruangbin etc) that I keep changing my mind on but this is my current guess, new acts in italics. 

FRI
Py: Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Arlo Parks, Kae Tempest
OS: Foals, Supergrass, Sigrid, Blossoms, Metronomy, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Happy Mondays
WH: Little Simz, Celeste, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, TEMS, Black Uhuru, Greentea Peng, Richard Dawson, Sauti Sol
JP: Four Tet, St. Vincent, Jessie Ware, Caroline Polachek, Black Midi, Wet Leg, Holly Humberstone, The Big MoonETC Winner
Pa: First Aid Kit, Roisin Murphy, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, Cate Le Bon, Warmduscher, EnnyKaty J PearsonCMAT
Ac: The Waterboys

SAT
Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Haim, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Kacey Musgraves, Ghetts, Candi Staton
OS: Megan Thee Stallion, Glass Animals, Idles, Burna Boy, Phoebe Bridgers, Griff, The Lathums, Skunk Anansie
WH: Bonobo, Leon Bridges, Koffee, Brittany Howard, Joy Crookes, Nubya Garcia, Kikagaku MoyoR.A.E.
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines D.C., The Jesus and Mary Chain, TBA (The 1975), Girl In Red, Jehnny Beth, Soccer Mommy, Alfie Templeman, Chubby & the Gang
Pa: Caribou, Big Thief, JARV IS, Dry Cleaning, Amyl and the Sniffers, Confidence Man, Snail Mail, The Orielles, Hak Baker
Ac: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot

SUN
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Doja Cat, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock, Rufus Wainwright, Black Dyke Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Declan McKenna, Mitski, Easy Life, Nadine Shah
WH: Bicep, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Angelique Kidjo, Nightmares On Wax, Yves Tumor, Emma-Jean Thackray, Altin Gun
JP: Primal Scream, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Beabadobee, Tones and I, Turnstile, Yard Act, Porridge Radio
Pa: Khruangbin, Courtney Barnett, TBA (Florence + the Machine), Sampa the Great, Squid, Baxter Dury, Gabriels, Los Bitchos

This looks great, though hope Black Midi will be on Park instead of JP. I've been getting into O-Rod a bit more, so her clashing with one of my must sees would suck. But if we get a run like that before them, I'd try for barrier.

Would do something like:

Happy Mondays > Hobo Jones > Holly Humberstone >Wet Leg > Black Midi > Catch the end of O-Rod if possible > Sigrid > Wolf Alice > Foals

Phoebe Bridgers > The 1975 > Noel > Macca

Porridge Radio > Yard Act > Squid > Diana Ross > Florence > Lorde > Bicep

Great weekend of music in all.

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

This thread is so frustrating, just reminds me that I’m inevitably going to miss some epic sets due to clashes with other epic sets.

What a time to be alive 🙂

Agreed, some of the predictions are brutal and to my eyes totally plausible.