The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

On a Friday, noses would start to peak from tent flaps to see the skies, which are currently breaking into sunshine. The rain has stopped and it’s warm with no breeze. Just the sound of the birds getting ready to raid the bird table for breakfast. Time to make your way to the longdrops with your comfort bottles, returning with a medicinal coffee and bacon butty.

titty Buddha is moist and rather nervous of the jackdaws that are gathering, but still smiling. 

the fukt-ometer is showing 16-18ml of precipitation. Not even a plum sours worth.  No rain now. The colony of creepy crawlies is learning backcrawl.

sticky stick has been deployed, but was in danger of snapping if I pushed it into the base of the well. It’s not been wetted enough to make any mud and the stick is feeling it’s age after a hard winter beside the oil tank.

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening with the sun showing in patches. It’s warm enough for t shirt and shorts again ( maybe put a clean one on today).  Happy Friday everyone, welcome to the weekend 🕺🏼🎉🕺🏼

wear sunscreen 

07CE5807-3495-4AF7-BBC8-5E9CB85E2092.thumb.jpeg.3baf849e3459eac3bfe8c4d5be91bdf0.jpeg

Bloody hell, you missed your vocation, you could have had a stellar career with the met  office. !

I have emptied the fukt-ometer so that it collects only new rainfall. This also gives the P.I.S.S. (Pilton Insect Swimming Society) time to rest and regroup before their next session.

Having returned from a waddle around the lanes, I can confirm it is warm and sunny/ some cloud and a slight breeze. Perfect band watching weather.

Plus there is no puddle at Mary's gate ( shock horror...can this be an omen for a huge flood next year?....jokes....sorry, not sorry)

End of day 3 and another perfect day to be out in a field. It’s been warm without being hot, sometimes overcast, sometimes sunny. Dry dry dry. This evening is still pleasant enough to be out and about.

over half way there and only 16-18 ml of rain fall all overnight so far.

what will tomorrow bring? I’ll let you know.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

End of day 3 and another perfect day to be out in a field. It’s been warm without being hot, sometimes overcast, sometimes sunny. Dry dry dry. This evening is still pleasant enough to be out and about.

over half way there and only 16-18 ml of rain fall all overnight so far.

what will tomorrow bring? I’ll let you know.

Reckon there'd be any mud or would the ground have just absorbed it all?

So you’ve made it to Saturday, you need to open your flaps because it is just too steamy to stay zipped up any longer.

no overnight rain, so you are ok to wear converse or flip flops. Yesterday’s t shirt will be fine, no one will notice the smell, honest.                 Minger

titty Buddha is parched but his enigmatic smile is still shining.

the fukt-ometer is showing 0ml of precipitation. Hurrah

The P.I.S.S ( Pilton Insect Swimming Society) are yet to get up this morning. Maybe they were exhausted watching SuperScally’s efforts yesterday….60+ miles…..nutter.

The well needs a new vocation because it hasn’t seen a water level for weeks. Answers on a postcard please.

the skies are brightening very quickly with the sun shining through to warm your toes

Happy Saturday  everyone, you still have 2 days of bliss to enjoy ☀️😎🙌🙌😎☀️

wear sunscreen 

C3C801FB-F08B-41E3-9181-1F3DAC1D8AB4.jpeg

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

So you’ve made it to Saturday, you need to open your flaps because it is just too steamy to stay zipped up any longer.

no overnight rain, so you are ok to wear converse or flip flops. Yesterday’s t shirt will be fine, no one will notice the smell, honest.                 Minger

titty Buddha is parched but his enigmatic smile is still shining.

the fukt-ometer is showing 0ml of precipitation. Hurrah

The P.I.S.S ( Pilton Insect Swimming Society) are yet to get up this morning. Maybe they were exhausted watching SuperScally’s efforts yesterday….60+ miles…..nutter.

The well needs a new vocation because it hasn’t seen a water level for weeks. Answers on a postcard please.

the skies are brightening very quickly with the sun shining through to warm your toes

Happy Saturday  everyone, you still have 2 days of bliss to enjoy ☀️😎🙌🙌😎☀️

wear sunscreen 

C3C801FB-F08B-41E3-9181-1F3DAC1D8AB4.jpeg

Oh you tease! 😁

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Packing up wet gear just adds to the depressing feeling leaving the site, then the immediate thought as you exit, need to work out what date next years ticket sale is on! 

oh yeah not so fun leaving in the rain .... that big lump of rain might still not happen as is the case with this weather stuff and monday could still be dry at this stage .... I think  we go straight to resale time in April now ... 

We're having a Glastonbury party in our garden today.  A few people are camping, so we set up tents last night.  Within an hour of putting them up, the heavens opened, and for the first time in 20 years of living here, our garden flooded.  The roads outside were rivers.  This is a picture taken not far from us.

It really felt like Glastonbury weekend!!

flooding.jpg

Edited by Greenelk

11 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

We're having a Glastonbury party in our garden today.  A few people are camping, so we've set up tents.  Within an hour of putting them up, the heavens opened, and for the first time in 20 years of living here, our garden flooded.  The roads outside were rivers.  This is a picture taken not far from us.

It really felt like Glastonbury weekend!!

flooding.jpg

oh no 😞 is everything ok ? hope it hasnt done too much damage and drains quickly 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh no 😞 is everything ok ? hope it hasnt done too much damage and drains quickly 

All good thank you.  I meant to say it was last night this all happened. The water has drained nicely, and the ground still firm.  Tents got a thorough testing for water proofing as well, and all good there! 

The water didn't get quite as high on our house as on the picture, so no water damage inside, others locally not so lucky.  Really did remind me of 2005 it was all so sudden

Edited by Greenelk

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2007 😞

The Monday of 2007 is far and away my worst Glastonbury experience. We waited in the tents for about an hour on the Monday morning hoping the rain would ease then eventually gave in and started packing all our soaked, muddy gear away in the pissing rain. 

Had an epic trudge back to the car then took us 8 hours to get out the car park and another 6 to get back to London. It's a minor miracle I went back really. 

2 minutes ago, El Matador said:

The Monday of 2007 is far and away my worst Glastonbury experience. We waited in the tents for about an hour on the Monday morning hoping the rain would ease then eventually gave in and started packing all our soaked, muddy gear away in the pissing rain. 

Had an epic trudge back to the car then took us 8 hours to get out the car park and another 6 to get back to London. It's a minor miracle I went back really. 

glasto07 065.jpg