2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Might be time to start making lists of acts who are touring, free that weekend and big enough to step into the big slots if needed...

You suspect there could be a few "how 'exclusive' is your agreement?" conversations too...

• Harry Styles (Friday and Saturday)
  • Coldplay
  • Liam Gallagher (Saturday only)
  • Foo Fighters (Sunday only)
  • Adele
  • Elton John (Saturday only)
  • Florence and the Machine
  • Foals

4EB6510F-2988-47DC-9211-B2DDCEF9F1EF.png

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps this explains why Macca is in the frame and nowhere else. His management may not see the benefit in a country hopping tour and would prefer doing a show here and there. Also Glastonbury would mean less staging.

I’m ngl though I’m getting nervous for the acts on the lineup who are absolutely packing as many dates as they can. It’s a huge risk if one of their crew comes down with covid - that’s nearly 2 weeks of shows gone in a flash.

Massively depends on the isolation rules at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if isolating isn't even a requirement come the summer, or at least not a requirement for asymptomatic cases + vaccinated.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Massively depends on the isolation rules at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if isolating isn't even a requirement come the summer, or at least not a requirement for asymptomatic cases + vaccinated.

But as you’ve said before it seems like there is a complete lack of hindsight going on. Last summer things were so much clearer why can’t people see that the same may happen again. Is this just an extreme case of winter blues?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But as you’ve said before it seems like there is a complete lack of hindsight going on. Last summer things were so much clearer why can’t people see that the same may happen again. Is this just an extreme case of winter blues?

Who knows. Worth remembering RW literally dropped their big poster on Friday with loads of big American acts on it. Pearl Jam, e.g., must still be planning on going ahead with shows. We've only had a couple of cancellations from, frankly, acts in their 70s. They may just be more anxious.

Imo British acts to rope in that (a) have UK passports and (b) would probably still play glasto if they couldn’t play in mainland Europe.

Some would probably require some contract negotiating with other events - but I think if things are this tight it’s what’s needed.

- Coldplay

- Florence

- Dave

- Harry Styles

- Adele 

- Dua Lipa

- Ed Sheeran

- Elton John

- Taylor Swift (seems to live in the UK now) - however I doubt she’d be in this list.

- Paul McCartney

Left out AM because they will probably not be ready until late Summer.

I’m probably missing out a few but if glasto were truly fucked there’s definitely British national headliners they can ring to save them if American headliners become too tricky.

Although I don’t think it will get to this point.

My most realistic prediction is that Paul is on Sunday and they give the Saturday headline to Harry.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Imo British acts to rope in that (a) have UK passports and (b) would probably still play glasto if they couldn’t play in mainland Europe.

Some would probably require some contract negotiating with other events - but I think if things are this tight it’s what’s needed.

- Coldplay

- Florence

- Dave

- Harry Styles

- Adele 

- Dua Lipa

- Ed Sheeran

- Elton John

- Taylor Swift (seems to live in the UK now) - however I doubt she’d be in this list.

- Paul McCartney

Left out AM because they will probably not be ready until late Summer.

I’m probably missing out a few but if glasto were truly fucked there’s definitely British national headliners they can ring to save them if American headliners become too tricky.

Although I don’t think it will get to this point.

My most realistic prediction is that Paul is on Sunday and they give the Saturday headline to Harry.

I literally did this about ten posts up!

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is it just Lionel Richtea and Aerosmith who have postponed tours?

QOTSA, Bruce Springsteen, RATM pushing theirs back to July. I expect more and more to come.

I feel like my TWOD and Tool tickets in the next few months will be cancelled.

In a bad mood.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

QOTSA, Bruce Springsteen, RATM pushing theirs back to July. I expect more and more to come.

In a bad mood.

QOTSA have other issues at play so not entirely convinced that's covid related.

Bruce, Lionel and Steven Tyler have a combined age of 217 so although lame given where we are now I can sort of understand not touring.

Have no idea about RATM.

Do I think this is the start of every US based artist shitting the bed? Nope.

2 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

i work for an American company and i can definitely confirm that Covid remains an issue. We are cancelling more events now than we ever did in the first two years of the virus 

I work at Oxford Uni and there are no transatlantic events going on for the rest of the year, nor is anyone coming over here for anything.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I work at Oxford Uni and there are no transatlantic events going on for the rest of the year, nor is anyone coming over here for anything.

Doesn't surprise me.  I've a global job and did travel all over pre covid. That's changed especially for US travel. If I want to go anywhere outside of Europe I need approval from our Executive Committee. 

It's not worth the hassle or the attention!

Same for people coming this way

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In a bad mood.

Bruce never announced owt to postpone though.

I hope the rumours of a Kendrick single coming this Friday or next are true, that will hopefully give us some more clarity as to what's happening!

Also I'm confused why USA acts are dropping out now as well, since the USA and the UK are both at basically the same point covid-wise (coming off a huge omicron wave they did next to nothing about).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick and Macca don't want to announce until things get even clearer re this summer though. But hopefully Kendrick does drop something soon and gives us some tour dates!