2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because if the Bruce Springsteen news is anything  to bench off, contracts will have been in place for that too before things changed.

what bruce news?

Just now, Neil said:

only true fans will know its a new song!

Title is Won't Stand Down, you wouldn't have a clue its a new song from that honestly. Not sounding promising to say the least

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

what bruce news?

Bruce and the E street band heavily rumoured to have a European Tour this year. Latest rumours were that it was pushed back to 2023 and this was confirmed by stevie

Why we are concerned is this is a example of an act delaying their unannounced tour. We fear Macca and Kendrick may have done the same, as is any act with TBA dates.

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s the whole reason why we’re having this discussion isn’t it?

We surely never thought Neil’s info was duff but there’s reason to think the game has changed.

Lost in translation here.

What I want to know is if Neil’s contact still thinks it’s on. I don’t doubt that Macca and Kendrick were in the pipeline, what I want to know is if this still stands and both acts are MIA from the festival circuit.

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Kendrick turning down Coachella could be everything to do with their radius exclusivity clause. Might be that he has a whole tour mapped out ready to be announced, and he doesn't wanna compromise that to play Coachella. Would be a viable explanation for him turning down the £££££££s. He obviously isn't led by cash if he's doing Glastonbury.

Coachella ditched the radius clause exemptions to book Billie last minute, for last minute bookings they don't give a shit about radius clauses. Also, radius clauses only apply to shows put on sale BEFORE coachella. Artists can announce shows that break the radius clause after Coachella is announced

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Following the announcement of her hugely anticipated new album due November 19 and the release of her record breaking single ‘Easy On Me’, Adele will play two dates at London’s Hyde Park in summer 2022.

Performing on Friday 1 July and Saturday 2 July at American Express presents BST Hyde Park, these will be her first UK live shows since 2017.

Fans can now sign up at adele.com from 8am on Tuesday 26 October to access Adele’s presale which begins at 10am on Thursday 28 October. American Express® Cardmembers can access presale tickets from 10am, Friday 29 October.

Tickets go on general sale from 10am, Saturday 30 October.

———

People are taking the bold as a reason to rule her out. Nowhere does it say she is an exclusive. At the time she was signing this it may have been the case but things change. We’ve seen how BST announce exclusive before - they would say something along the lines of “her only UK dates this summer” or “a BST exclusive performance”. 

I'm ruling her out because we have only had two festivals since she last did it.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm ruling her out because we have only had two festivals since she last did it.

That’s what happens with three fallow years in 6 years though. I don’t think we are exactly playing by the same rule book. My view is that while the festival industry is still shaky due to the global situation if they’ve got a global megastar in their back pocket they would use it.

Lol we're not getting Adele, pipe down. She clearly has a contract with BST AND she just headlined last album, that's way too soon. Coldplay played LAST YEAR, they're not going to have them back just a year later. 

It's funny that you are all saying that Florence is not in play bc her last album didn't sell as well as her previous one but we're considering Muse who have released a bunch of really mediocre, bad selling albums and have headlined glastonbury numerous times. Arctic Monkeys are coming up as well, whose last album sold well in the first week and then dropped off the face of the planet. Coldplay hasn't had a well-received, big selling album in ages either and yet you're putting them in contention. She headlined BST last era, sold out a big arena tour in like 10 minutes and was going to headline a sold out Boardmasters as well. Her album also stayed in the charts for a while and was nominated for a Brit and a Mercury. She's headlined all of the major festivals in Europe, some multiple times. She's big enough to headline and Emily likes her, especially as it would likely be her first big performance of this new era so it would be a totally new show. Also, she's UK-based and has stepped in last minute before. The fest would also get credit for having two female headliners when it seems like no other major UK festival can even manage to get one (i know R+L have two headliners on each day now, but note that the female is the lower one both times...shaky at best tbh). 

That being said, I do think McCartney could still be in contention and if they're looking to replace Kendrick I could definitely see them going for the Weeknd over Florence. But to say that she's not big enough to headline for the reasons you stated just doesn't make sense imo