2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

My big worry for 22 is that after a couple of years of no festivals and no touring for acts there’ll be a raft of acts signing exclusivity deals as festivals are desperate to get the punters back in.

working against that will be festivals not having spare cash to splash around on extra-high fees for exclusivity.

In many cases that can't even put it on the ticket price, as so many tickets are being rolled over at 2020's price.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I think the only way Kendrick stays is if he sits on his album for another year. It was essentially gonna be a kick off leg for new material and thats just been put to the side now. Its not like Glasto has been consistent with that sort of thing for their headliners either. Artists dont set their release schedule to the Glasto calendar to maximize exposure.

Cause lets say in theory that Kenny puts it out and its lukewarm and he doesnt smash it, then you have a headliner which has to work even harder to win the crowd or already have a diminished crowd because they dont like the new release. Putting that unknown factor in there of new material thats barely been released or going to be should entice an audience moreso. 

Kendrick announced DAMN just 3 days before he headlined Coachella in 2017. Everyone had a couple days to potentially listen to it before he took the stage on Sunday night. I didnt, and just enjoyed the anticipation of hearing new songs being woven into the performance. It has a certain draw I think.

Nah I think Kendrick will be fine being booked off a new album 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Someone earlier suggested Macca for 2023 rather than next year, can't see that happening. Got a feeling it's next year or never again for him. He was due to play in 2020, by the time of 2023 he'll be 81. 

Meant to ask you about this. Do I need to update my signature? Are you willing to make any other deals to ensure you get Macca next year?

mephisto.jpg.5c285a82b2ee159da015fc56ac73429f.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit, which Im sure will get torn to shreds and has no legitimacy at all cause it didnt come from a uk tabloid. So macca wouldve come back? And Muse was gonna be there too?😦

https://hitsdailydouESTIVAL-FALLOUT%3A-THE-GLASTO-EFFECTble.com/news&id=324860&title=F

Glastonbury, the grandest of all summer festivals and certainly the U.K.’s largest, had already announced Paul McCartney as a headliner alongside a slew of other performers, including Diana RossCamila CabelloMuseDua Lipa, Primal Scream, Pet Shop Boys and Thom Yorke. Its second consecutive cancellation due to COVID-19 has many concerned that it may not recover.

14 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Interesting tidbit, which Im sure will get torn to shreds and has no legitimacy at all cause it didnt come from a uk tabloid. So macca wouldve come back? And Muse was gonna be there too?😦

https://hitsdailydouESTIVAL-FALLOUT%3A-THE-GLASTO-EFFECTble.com/news&id=324860&title=F

Is this not just the acts that had been announced for 2020? The only name on that list who weren’t originally announced is Muse - but Glasto did announce they were planning on doing a secret set didn’t they?

I think this is a site taking very old information and trying to turn it into news through the use of purposeful ambiguity.

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Is this not just the acts that had been announced for 2020? The only name on that list who weren’t originally announced is Muse - but Glasto did announce they were planning on doing a secret set didn’t they?

I think this is a site taking very old information and trying to turn it into news through the use of purposeful ambiguity.

Its a music industry trade publication thats been around for 30+ years. Theyre not in it for page hits, they just report stuff. Again, because it isnt a name like rolling Stone or Billboard posting the article it loses creedance with anyone. If only there was a similar publication in the uk then everyone would take it as gospel because there would be a real ''insider'' posting the story.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Stereophonic headlining the Pyramid?! John Peel at most, surely. 

Don’t reckon they’ll have more than one ‘vintage’ act as headliners. I think it’ll be Macca or FM, not both. 

Blur / Swift / Macca 

I am convinced its this. When do bookies start taking bets?

Hits daily double is very reliable for American festivals. It has had the scoop on coachella headliners for many years in a row.

Not quite sure what their post means but I wouldn’t completely discard it.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=313610&title=COACHELLA-2019:-HEADLINERS

They were the first to leak that Justin and Kanye were in talks to headline 2019 before Justin rearranged his tour for vocal damage and Kanye pulled out because of the shape of the stage.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen them leak something U.K. related, but yeah I say again- not a click bait rumour site at all. Hits Daily Double get charting figures early every week in advance of most publications 

*edited to rearranged his tour as I believe he rescheduled some cancelled shows for Coachella weekend 1 or something so couldn’t play

Edited by Matt42

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not quite sure what their post means but I wouldn’t completely discard it.

As it says 'already announced', it seems like they were talking about 2020 but added in a name of an act who wasn't playing in error.

Another thing is Camila Cabello hasn't rearranged any tour dates for 2021 yet she's listed there. So it's on about 2020 for sure.

They obviously don't monitor Glastonbury as closely, given that it's American based. Even the BBC goofed one time when trying to list off who's playing but including Green Day.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

As it says 'already announced', it seems like they were talking about 2020 but added in a name of an act who wasn't playing in error.

Another thing is Camila Cabello hasn't rearranged any tour dates for 2021 yet she's listed there. So it's on about 2020 for sure.

They obviously don't monitor Glastonbury as closely, given that it's American based. Even the BBC goofed one time when trying to list off who's playing but including Green Day.

I’m not saying that it was a leak but they might have heard from some booking agent or something that a collection of acts had provisionally agreed to appear.

I think Hits definitely get their gossip from people like agents as they get notice of bookings when it’s still in the negotiation stage.

Either way 2021 isn’t going ahead so it’s not much use to us 😞 

17 hours ago, kalifire said:

Obvs I was taking the piss but they're Other Stage headliner minimum.

Watched this last night, Pyramid audience screaming this out would be incredible...

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

Don’t reckon they’ll have more than one ‘vintage’ act as headliners. I think it’ll be Macca or FM, not both. 

Blur / Swift / Macca 

Blurs first single would of been released 32 years ago and the last time they had a top ten hit would of been 19 years ago. If they headline they are very much a vintage act!