2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Macca was a great heritage act for the 50th anniversary, but post that I’m struggling to get excited for it.

If you can’t get excited for a living fucking Beatle and writer of some of the most beloved songs in human history then I’m not sure you can be helped...

...especially when you endlessly prattle on about Arianna fucking Grande.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

As time is going on I’m starting to feel like the ship has sailed for him. It was a cool ‘get’ for the 50th anniversary but that never happened.

I agree. It’ll be the most anticipated Glastonbury in the festival’s history; who needs some old guy singing songs no-one cares about when we’ve got Dua Lipa or Ariana.

Edited by henry bear
Clarity for Supernintendo Chalmers. Yes it was tongue in cheek!

I said I’d probably see Macca if I was there. It’s not about whether I think he’s a good booking or not - of course he is. He’s an incredible booking. 

Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish etc are more exciting to me as bookings, but I’m not saying they are better bookings.

I got excited for him being a booking for the 50th, but two years later and plenty more acts coming into the fold / dying to tour again I can’t help but feel whether there are more interesting options. The 2 years wait has definitely made my hype wobble. Taylor has somewhat got bigger since she was first announced and Kendrick remains a mystery booking so it’s exciting.

I’l say it again. I will probably end up seeing him. But to me he’s an anniversary headliner on a now non-anniversary year.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I said I’d probably see Macca if I was there. It’s not about whether I think he’s a good booking or not - of course he is. He’s an incredible booking. 

Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish etc are more exciting to me as bookings, but I’m not saying they are better bookings.

I got excited for him being a booking for the 50th, but two years later and plenty more acts coming into the fold / dying to tour again I can’t help but feel whether there are more interesting options. The 2 years wait has definitely made my hype wobble. Taylor has somewhat got bigger since she was first announced and Kendrick remains a mystery booking so it’s exciting.

I’l say it again. I will probably end up seeing him. But to me he’s an anniversary headliner on a now non-anniversary year.

This is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen on this forum.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Couldn’t quite figure out the best way to reply to Matt’s post, but think you’ve pretty much summed it up.

‘Sorry Paul, maybe for the 60th when you matter again yeah?’

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Never gonna happen. Although I’m willing to be proven wrong, her replacing Taylor seems like the all too obvious scenario here.

I think it's Billie, Macca and Taylor currently. I think if she was Sunday then the Belgium date would be Tuesday. With Dua Lipa and Noel Gallagher and two subs.