2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

How likely do y'all think the special guest tomorrow night will end up being one of the headliners next year? 

Even if they don't declare it tomorrow

Depends if we're talking Taylor or Sam Smith 😏

If Nick Cave plays I'm very confident he'll be a Pyramid sub. They seem to love booking him for that (especially on a Sunday) and he seems to enjoy playing it. They haven't really booked a full on rock Other stage headliner since Queens of the Stone Age whereas near enough every year they seem to try and book a big, critically acclaimed indie/rock act to sub the Pyramid. Pretty much the same as The National in 2017, headlining Other would have been great but they fit better with the standard Pyramid sub bookings. Nick Cave into Taylor Swift would be an incredible way to end the festival too, I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

That gap in Billie’s proves little to me. As I said in the other thread, she’s doing 11 UK & Ireland dates a couple weeks before the fest. Seems like overkill to do all those then do Glasto too. Roskilde seems more likely.

I fear young Matthew may be very disappointed.

All those dates had sold out before and there couldve been room for more if she was willing. Im sure if it was stadium dates and it was half as many shows you would think there wasnt as much saturation. But hows this. If Oasis actually got back together and had 6 nights at Wembley and 4 nights in Manchester with a Glasto gap, thats perfectly fine?

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But hows this. If Oasis actually got back together and had 6 nights at Wembley and 4 nights in Manchester with a Glasto gap, thats perfectly fine?

No. Oasis should be kept away from the Pyramid purely on the basis of their last appearance at Worthy Farm.

As should Billie Eilish actually.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

All those dates had sold out before and there couldve been room for more if she was willing. Im sure if it was stadium dates and it was half as many shows you would think there wasnt as much saturation. But hows this. If Oasis actually got back together and had 6 nights at Wembley and 4 nights in Manchester with a Glasto gap, thats perfectly fine?

Who said Oasis doing it would be fine?

They’d do the money spinning stadium gigs first then swing back round to do the festivals the following year.

31 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I also think the mention of Spanish and Italy dates can be covered in Mad Cool and Firenze

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s probably more right than wrong. Good effort. I’d be happy with that. 

I went through 2020 and knocked off a few random ones as I do think there will be a few unexplained disappearances but mostly the same as 2020.

Also tried to think what UK Hip Hop acts will probably be booked and who is up and coming they may want on the lineup.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What does Joe have to do with Nick Cave?

Because Joe A and Taylor are absolute indie nerds. It was also a joke 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So if Taylor does appear tonight then surely she's nailed on for next year, right?

Dunno about nailed on, but it would be yet another sign she’s very keen to play and has a good relationship with a festival she’s yet to actually play.