2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Dua Lipa just announced an EU festival headliner a couple of weeks before Glasto, so she's nailed on for me now.

Yep, although I’d be very surprised if she’s agreed to take anything other then Pyramid headliner - she certainly ticks all the boxes for that. Although guess she could be willing to wait for her next new album/tour cycle for her shot at the big one. 

It's a stretch, but I could actually see Dua staying in that OS slot IF they've retained all 2020 headliners. If they have those three still, it's a slightly easier sell to Dua that they just want to stick to the 2020 lineup as much as possible and they're desperate to have her on the Farm, maybe send a bit more $$$ her way and a guarantee she headlines in 2024 perhaps. If they've not kept the same headliners, Dua could quite rightly think "hold on a minute, why are you asking me to headline the OS still and you've booked Billie as a replacement for Kendrick/Taylor without asking me?"

Overall gut feeling is she skips the festival and headlines something else instead, and headlines in 2023.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Court is still out. Don’t think it will be solved till the lineup is out!

Yeah this now becomes one of the biggest question mark doesn't it, along with LDR. Especially as Lorde easily fits into one of those slots if they become vacant. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Yep, although I’d be very surprised if she’s agreed to take anything other then Pyramid headliner - she certainly ticks all the boxes for that. Although guess she could be willing to wait for her next new album/tour cycle for her shot at the big one. 

Her tour sales suggest she's not above subbing.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

It's a stretch, but I could actually see Dua staying in that OS slot IF they've retained all 2020 headliners. If they have those three still, it's a slightly easier sell to Dua that they just want to stick to the 2020 lineup as much as possible and they're desperate to have her on the Farm, maybe send a bit more $$$ her way and a guarantee she headlines in 2024 perhaps. If they've not kept the same headliners, Dua could quite rightly think "hold on a minute, why are you asking me to headline the OS still and you've booked Billie as a replacement for Kendrick/Taylor without asking me?"

Overall gut feeling is she skips the festival and headlines something else instead, and headlines in 2023.

Not unless she announces a tour around Primavera and has a certain gap. But I think there might not be 2022 Uk/EU dates til after her Sept/Oct tour is done with. That would potentially align with a glasto headliner announcement. Dua finishes her tour and then they prop her up.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

New theory...

Dua headlines the September event, skips 22 and headlines in 23.

Not a bad theory tbh. Probably a very good career move as people won’t be able to deny she’s got the chops to set a worthy farm field on fire.

I like this theory that the September event will help them relieve pressure on the 2022 lineup.

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not a bad theory tbh. Probably a very good career move as people won’t be able to deny she’s got the chops to set a worthy farm field on fire.

I like this theory that the September event will help them relieve pressure on the 2022 lineup.

The festival obviously doesn’t owe me anything so it is what it is, but I’d be quietly peeved if acts I wanted to see on the 2020 poster are booked for this September event instead of 2022 Glasto

Guys not that I’m losing faith but I’m going to start getting a little worried if Kendrick and Taylor aren’t on the rock werchter and mad cool lineups.

There is always a chance they might leave Taylor’s name off the mad cool lineup, as they have done that before, but my confidence is starting to wobble a bit. Don’t know why.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Guys not that I’m losing faith but I’m going to start getting a little worried if Kendrick and Taylor aren’t on the rock werchter and mad cool lineups.

There is always a chance they might leave Taylor’s name off the mad cool lineup, as they have done that before, but my confidence is starting to wobble a bit. Don’t know why.

You’re just getting agi because we’re starting to see tour/festival announcements and those two are silent. Nothing has changed! They both might take a while yet to announce stuff but it doesn’t mean anything. 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If you recall Kendrick wasn’t on the first raft of announcements for 2021 at the back end of last year. It was relatively late in the day when he started popping up on bills.

Just chill, what will be will be.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

New theory...

Dua headlines the September event, skips 22 and headlines in 23.

I think your September event will be headlined by either The 1975 or Biffy Clyro. No chance Dua Lipa. As said, don't think it's right they choose someone from the list of high acts these past years.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

You’re just getting agi because we’re starting to see tour/festival announcements and those two are silent. Nothing has changed! They both might take a while yet to announce stuff but it doesn’t mean anything. 

I’ve checked the RW thread and Kendrick doesn’t seem to be in the names they think are going to be announced. They are expecting Nick Cave, RHCP, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Gorillaz. 

I know Kendrick for some reason didn’t sign on for 2021, but it’s not looking likely he’s signed on for 2022 either - as various names are in the mix.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve checked the RW thread and Kendrick doesn’t seem to be in the names they think are going to be announced. They are expecting Nick Cave, RHCP, Tame Impala, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Gorillaz. 

I know Kendrick for some reason didn’t sign on for 2021, but it’s not looking likely he’s signed on for 2022 either - as various names are in the mix.

He signed on for other European festivals though.

We had this exact same panic 12 months ago.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yup. Wasn’t he also announced later in the day for the 2020 festivals? He was never going to be one of the first names announced in my book

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yup. Wasn’t he also announced later in the day for the 2020 festivals? He was never going to be one of the first names announced in my book

Yeah fair enough ! Thanks both for calming me down @Hugh Jass

I am actually not expecting Taylor or Kendrick to be on these lineups. I think if Taylor is doing shows in Europe it will probably be less than she had in the pipeline for 2020.

as you said before @jparx I think she shows up now for special events. I can’t see her being in a rush to return to mad cool.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah but it's a different situation now. If you are booked to play a 2022 festival and have nothing else stopping you from announcing then why hold it.