2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Not gonna lie, turns out I've really missed wanting to tear what's left of my hair out at @Matt42's leaps of logic when it comes to lineup predictions.  Feels like a return to the normal and proper way of things when we can ditch all the pandemic bollocks.

Never change you mad bastard.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Not gonna lie, turns out I've really missed wanting to tear what's left of my hair out at @Matt42's leaps of logic when it comes to lineup predictions.  Feels like a return to the normal and proper way of things when we can ditch all the pandemic bollocks.

Never change you mad bastard.

There is method to the madness though!

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There is method to the madness though!

I don't think I want to know what it is tbh.  I prefer the idea that you take a look at the charts, music press, tour dates and an astrology chart, chuck some knuckle bones and scream into a barrel and then type out whatever comes to you 😉

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going

Billie, LDR

Fatboy Slim, AJ Tracey

Macca, Noel G, Aerosmith, Anne Marie

PSB, HAIM

Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, ?, Di Ro

Nick Cave, Wolf Alice

Looks a decent shout to me. I think HAIM on the ? slot though. Expecting them on the pyramid.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because Kendrick, Taylor, and Billie look to be in? Unless there’s a 4th day.

You’ve literally just made that up though.  I appreciate there’s a gap but Billie was doing festivals around the time anyway.  Have Taylor (who I think is going to play) and Kendrick announced stuff for next year already?

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going

Billie, LDR

Fatboy Slim, AJ Tracey

Macca, Noel G, Aerosmith, Anne Marie

PSB, HAIM

Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, ?, Di Ro

Nick Cave, Wolf Alice

HAIM are getting their big spot on the pyramid.  Been on the other last 2.  Ann Marie played pretty much that same spot last time too. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

You’ve literally just made that up though.  I appreciate there’s a gap but Billie was doing festivals around the time anyway.  Have Taylor (who I think is going to play) and Kendrick announced stuff for next year already?

We’l see 😂 Kendrick rolled over his dates to 2021 from 2020, I don’t know why he wouldn’t do the same for 2022.

Taylor not coming back makes 0 sense.

It’s called a prediction. It’s a prediction forum. But arguments for Kendrick / Taylor not coming back don’t seem logical at this stage.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We’l see 😂 Kendrick rolled over his dates to 2021 from 2020, I don’t know why he wouldn’t do the same for 2022.

Taylor not coming back makes 0 sense.

It’s called a prediction. It’s a prediction forum. But arguments for Kendrick / Taylor not coming back don’t seem logical at this stage.

Tbf it’s the 2022 Headliners thread 😂.

Youre right we’ll see but can I really see 3 solo artists doing it.  Add into that another 2 of the big spots are likely to be Lana and Diana Ross too.  There’ll be a Macca or Arctic’s and tbf they could have always just put Aerosmith in there too.  

Just now, sisco said:

Tbf it’s the 2022 Headliners thread 😂.

Youre right we’ll see but can I really see 3 solo artists doing it.  Add into that another 2 of the big spots are likely to be Lana and Diana Ross too.  There’ll be a Macca or Arctic’s and tbf they could have always just put Aerosmith in there too.  

Three solo artists were booked for 2020!

Olivia Rodrigo on before Billie would destroy the internet lol.

so Lolla Stockholm would be one fest to keep an eye on since its the same weekend. Thatll at least lock down possible days. 

i say Kendrick is def out ( like i said before ) if this holds up. Also its some interesting timing with Live at Worthy Farm tomorrow? Special guest? 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

2009 - Neil Young, Springsteen, Blur

2013 - AM, Stones, Mumfords 

2014 - Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian

2017 - Radiohead, Foos, a bloke with a guitar.

I think Matt was being sarcastic. Point being why not three pop acts in the same year when we’ve had many years with three rock acts.

Obviously I could be wrong and it’s still early days but there really is nothing saying that Kendrick, Billie, and Taylor can’t headline in the same year.

In terms of rock bands on the touring circuit for 2022 that haven’t headlined already it’s slim pickings, and it’s clear that glasto isn’t that arsed about the 1975.

In isolation the “glasto is for rock bands” crowd won’t be happy, but with Aerosmith not far beneath them does it matter? 

I reckon festivals like coachella could allocate a 20m headline budget and struggle to bag those three in the same year. Glasto can get those three + a download headliner, and a legend.

Perspective.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Looks a decent shout to me. I think HAIM on the ? slot though. Expecting them on the pyramid.

So do I tbh but I thought 4 female slots in a row was overkill. Maybe 3rd below LDR so you can split it up a bit. 

54 minutes ago, sisco said:

HAIM are getting their big spot on the pyramid.  Been on the other last 2.  Ann Marie played pretty much that same spot last time too. 

I agree. And Anne Marie would be one place up. But as above, you could switch HAIM to 3rd Friday, and slot Anne Marie in to Saturday Other sub, that slot would work quite well 

For me it depends on who from the original trio has pulled out.

Swift - Yup, an almost like for like replacement.

Kendrick - Yup, can see that too. Although I’d be bitterly disappointed.

Macca - Nah, if he’s gone and the other two are still there they’ll get a rock act to replace him (GnR would actually make a lot of sense).