2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Am I mad to think £100m isn't unrealistic?

Ed Sheeran made about that much personally from the Divide tour. He is just one man, of course, but Oasis would surely make a bigger dint than Ed Sheeran's third album with this reunion. So I think Noel could probably secure a hundo himself and chuck a few crumbs to Liam and Bonehead as well.

No McCarroll or McLeod, no Oasis... 

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hasn’t there been a £700m offer to Led Zeppelin before in the past? I reckon 100m is as you said not that ridiculous for a gigantic band reunion. 

Abba got offered a billion and yes, Zep was being told about that much. 100 for what kind of tour is the question. Is that for the entire world? If so thats a bargain. Uk tour alone probably gets them to 100. Add the rest of europe and the americas and thats just a bonus.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Thing with Noel is, he hasn't been worth seeing since his first album tour. If he produced what was need along with the Oasis stuff then he wouldn't have to be taking headline spots at all the smaller festivals etc and be doing bigger prolonged arena dates and outdoors in Manchester like his brother.

But that's working on an assumption that he's more fussed about doing the big arena dates than he is about (a) doing his own stuff and (b) not being around his brother.  If that's not what's driving him then it's not going to attract him back in.

There was a good interview with the Specials in Q in 2019, so when it was just Lynval, Terry and Horace. One of the questions was inevitably about a full Specials reunion, and their response was basically that if a couple goes through a really messy divorce then you wouldn't expect them to patch up and get back together just because everyone else wants them to, so why would a band?

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is that per member?

As people have said, a 20-30 date world tour at £4-5m a show is hardly unreasonable.

20 - 30? Thats the Uk and Europe alone. North America is maybe 15 at minimum not considering extras nights in LA, NY and Canada for sure.

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

There was a good interview with the Specials in Q in 2019, so when it was just Lynval, Terry and Horace. One of the questions was inevitably about a full Specials reunion, and their response was basically that if a couple goes through a really messy divorce then you wouldn't expect them to patch up and get back together just because everyone else wants them to, so why would a band?

I’m sure the couple could work things out if they were offered a shit ton of cash for getting back together...

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

There was a good interview with the Specials in Q in 2019, so when it was just Lynval, Terry and Horace. One of the questions was inevitably about a full Specials reunion, and their response was basically that if a couple goes through a really messy divorce then you wouldn't expect them to patch up and get back together just because everyone else wants them to, so why would a band?

People probably aren't offered millions to get back together with their ex-partners though, right?

Obviously if The Specials reunited with Dammers and Staple they're not likely to get any more money for it so it figures that they won't, but you can see why artists hold their nose and do it for the benjamins.

Noel already being rich as a Lord diminishes that desire but I did find it surprising that he put a price tag out there to say he would do it for enough money.

I do love Noel's own response about reunions, "I never got to see The Beatles, and I'm a bigger fan of The Beatles than you are of my band".

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure the couple could work things out if they were offered a shit ton of cash for getting back together...

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

People probably aren't offered millions to get back together with their ex-partners though, right?

Obviously if The Specials reunited with Dammers and Staple they're not likely to get any more money for it so it figures that they won't, but you can see why artists hold their nose and do it for the benjamins.

Noel already being rich as a Lord diminishes that desire but I did find it surprising that he put a price tag out there to say he would do it for enough money.

I do love Noel's own response about reunions, "I never got to see The Beatles, and I'm a bigger fan of The Beatles than you are of my band".

True, but his point was that the money doesn't make it all go away.  And if you don't need the cash because you're doing your own thing, why go through the ballache of doing it?

And interestingly I think the biggest clash is with Roddy. In the interview I read they really didn't seem to get on anymore.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

True, but his point was that the money doesn't make it all go away.  And if you don't need the cash because you're doing your own thing, why go through the ballache of doing it?

And interestingly I think the biggest clash is with Roddy. In the interview I read they really didn't seem to get on anymore.

I don't know who that is, and I was in the Specials for six years.

But yeah. Nobody's saying they need to make it all go away. It's like putting up with a shit boss, do it for the money and the nice things it can buy. They don't have to come off stage and snuggle. Just check the back balance innit.

Liam and Noel hated each other for the first 18 years they were in Oasis and seemed to (sometimes) not let it interfere. Why not do it again for another few years and make a ridiculous amount of money? Not even like they’d need to be in the studio or even talk to each other - just walk on stage, do their respective bits and then fuck off on their way.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

But if something's that joyless and you don't need the money, why bother?

I mean yeah, I guess they’re already pretty set for life, but when you’re mega celebs like them you can never have too much money, right? 

I’m still sure it’ll happen someday! Noel talks the talk but I just can’t see him turning down all that money forever because he and Liam get on each other’s tits.

30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe seems like a target for this. Gives them a couple more years to get it all together. Totally agree with Hugh - it’ll happen. Will probably be pants, but it’ll happen.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe seems like a target for this. Gives them a couple more years to get it all together. Totally agree with Hugh - it’ll happen. Will probably be pants, but it’ll happen.

It'll be shite, but like an idiot I'll get myself all excited, buy a ticket and then about 30 seconds into Shakermaker wonder why the fuck I bothered.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One of the biggest myths about Oasis is that they were this great live band. They were not.

I think for a lot of youngsters it’s the fact that they’ve never seen them, or that it feels like a golden ticket to see a reunited oasis. I don’t think many people care whether they are good live, it’s the experience of being there.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think for a lot of youngsters it’s the fact that they’ve never seen them, or that it feels like a golden ticket to see a reunited oasis. I don’t think many people care whether they are good live, it’s the experience of being there.

The thrill wears off quickly.

Trust me on this one.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It'll be shite, but like an idiot I'll get myself all excited, buy a ticket and then about 30 seconds into Shakermaker wonder why the fuck I bothered.

Standing there covered in piss and full of regret.