2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

• 1 month later...

Bump. This is the actual thread!

Personally not sure we’ll get anything until after September if this other event gets the go ahead. I’d love them to confirm something next weekend but I don’t expect it

6 hours ago, jparx said:

Personally not sure we’ll get anything until after September if this other event gets the go ahead. I’d love them to confirm something next weekend but I don’t expect it

Sorry it didn’t come up when I searched 

On 5/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, jparx said:

Just wait till the special guest turns out to be Macca announcing he is back next year too...

But I agree, seems more likely that they'll hold off till after the September event

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just wait till the special guest turns out to be Macca announcing he is back next year too...

But I agree, seems more likely that they'll hold off till after the September event

Chances are we’ll just get the usual cycle of an announcement or two before Christmas with the bulk coming March/April.

I think they would want to have something in there regardless of the September event.  Do what you have to with thats been confirmed. What if by some chance that Sept isnt approved? Then there will be no platform to have that type of announcement. You have one here and a global one at that. They might feel they owe everyone something at this point even though its only May. 

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think they would want to have something in there regardless of the September event.  Do what you have to with thats been confirmed. What if by some chance that Sept isnt approved? Then there will be no platform to have that type of announcement. You have one here and a global one at that. They might feel they owe everyone something at this point even though its only May. 

I don't know what you are saying, but I respect that you have said it.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Glastonbury once announced a headliner via a poster in the window of the local Oxfam. I’m not sure they’re too concerned about global platforms.

We don’t really have a lineup thread only a headliner thread - but don’t mind me I’m just sat at my desk fantasising about a lineup which has

Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Olivia Rodrigo, HAIM, Diana Ross, Charli XCX.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

We don’t really have a lineup thread only a headliner thread - but don’t mind me I’m just sat at my desk fantasising about a lineup which has

Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Olivia Rodrigo, HAIM, Diana Ross, Charli XCX.

But no Paul McCartney?

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

But no Paul McCartney?

Yes and no. As time is going on I’m starting to feel like the ship has sailed for him. It was a cool ‘get’ for the 50th anniversary but that never happened.

Now I think Glasto should be booking some more contemporary headliners as to me there is a huge waiting list of artists that deserve a shot.

Then again, if he’s playing and I’m at the festival I’m probably going to see him 🤷 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes and no. As time is going on I’m starting to feel like the ship has sailed for him. It was a cool ‘get’ for the 50th anniversary but that never happened.

Now I think Glasto should be booking some more contemporary headliners as to me there is a huge waiting list of artists that deserve a shot.

Then again, if he’s playing and I’m at the festival I’m probably going to see him 🤷 

They book heritage acts to headline every year, and will continue to do so.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They book heritage acts to headline every year, and will continue to do so.

No problem with that, you know I love them. You’ve misunderstood what I mean.

Macca was a great heritage act for the 50th anniversary, but post that I’m struggling to get excited for it.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You really think anyone on that list is ahead of Paul freaking McCartney in the pecking order?

If McCartney doesn't play it'll be because he's decided against it himself, and if that's the case they'll be looking to replace him with another 'heritage' or recognised headliner. There's no way there will be three first timers in the same year.

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No problem with that, you know I love them. You’ve misunderstood what I mean.

Macca was a great heritage act for the 50th anniversary, but post that I’m struggling to get excited for it.

Okay. I hadn't realised your gripe was with McCartney in particular. But yeah... no.

He is the most revered living musician and a coup in any year. He has no history with the festival that would make him only suitable for the 50th - hence why he was courted for the 47th and 49th - so I don't follow at all.

Emily has even said about wanting to get him back, right?

Edited by dentalplan

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

You really think anyone on that list is ahead of Paul freaking McCartney in the pecking order?

If McCartney doesn't play it'll be because he's decided against it himself, and if that's the case they'll be looking to replace him with another 'heritage' or recognised headliner. There's no way there will be three first timers in the same year.

It'll be Macca or Mac