U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Homer said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/537621-biden-says-trump-shouldnt-get-intel-briefings?fbclid=IwAR27ghSOPtF_AWak6hqqNOlXGqy5qSgZVZ1Yq_KlPAhx_RpltbiQg-EXsmA

Well, this is confusing. Why doesn’t he just contact Q for the info? In fact, isn’t trump still president anyway? (TBH, I can’t keep up with the storyline/s any more)

Yeah, you definitely need the episode recaps to keep up

Right, ima continue where I left off. So you all seem to think I cant criticise Biden, because either the criticism has to meet some arbitrary standards or some rubbish. So instead i'll flip the question and ask: what's so good about Biden then, that makes you all so keen to jump to his defence?

I honestly believe that far too many people have fallen for extreme anti-trump sentiment. Trump is terrible, I won't deny that... but I mean fucking hell, i've seen people compare him him to Hitler and call him a dictator. "I'm happy to finally see the end of his facist dictatorship" is a recent quote from a friend of mine. Now the problem with this is that it tries to turn things into a very black-and-white issue, and people like to see the Dems as good guys and the Reps as bad guys. So when the Dems win, it's all "hurray, the good guys have won!" and many just see it as an end, rather than another step.

Also for the record @Matt42 : horseshoe theory is absolute bullshit. Me wanting a society where trans people arent fucking murdered for their gender identity doesn't mean I'm craving some "woke utopia", nor that my views are just as bad as far right extremists. Give your head a wobble m8

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Right, ima continue where I left off. So you all seem to think I cant criticise Biden, because either the criticism has to meet some arbitrary standards or some rubbish. So instead i'll flip the question and ask: what's so good about Biden then, that makes you all so keen to jump to his defence?

I honestly believe that far too many people have fallen for extreme anti-trump sentiment. Trump is terrible, I won't deny that... but I mean fucking hell, i've seen people compare him him to Hitler and call him a dictator. "I'm happy to finally see the end of his facist dictatorship" is a recent quote from a friend of mine. Now the problem with this is that it tries to turn things into a very black-and-white issue, and people like to see the Dems as good guys and the Reps as bad guys. So when the Dems win, it's all "hurray, the good guys have won!" and many just see it as an end, rather than another step.

Also for the record @Matt42 : horseshoe theory is absolute bullshit. Me wanting a society where trans people arent fucking murdered for their gender identity doesn't mean I'm craving some "woke utopia", nor that my views are just as bad as far right extremists. Give your head a wobble m8

You can’t only decide one horse to back in a 2 horse race though ... there is no alternative apart from not voting ... so you go for the option that supports most of your views surely ? 

45 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The list goes on... but hey folks, how about you tell me whats so great about Biden? 

I mean doesnt he also have this massive issue of a pandemic to sort  as a priority ? it is only 17 days into his term .... or am I missing something that he could have done all of this by now ? and dealt with the pandemic has he done nothing else positive in his first 17 days that could also be looked at ? 

57 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Image result for monty python argument sketch gif

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

He's not even a Republican, to be fair.

Yeah, he has a history of flip flopping with the parties but MAGA seem more appropriate. Republicans (aside from the odd few) are more enablers for the last few years. I wonder if in the 00s when he was a Democrat still if they would have put up with him to get into the White House?

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah, he has a history of flip flopping with the parties but MAGA seem more appropriate. Republicans (aside from the odd few) are more enablers for the last few years. I wonder if in the 90s when he was a Democrat still if they would have put him with him to get into the White House?

There's no way the Dems in the 90s would have tolerated a big sex pest with ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean doesnt he also have this massive issue of a pandemic to sort  as a priority ? it is only 17 days into his term .... or am I missing something that he could have done all of this by now ? and dealt with the pandemic has he done nothing else positive in his first 17 days that could also be looked at ? 

No, he couldn’t have done all this by now, and it’s ridiculous to criticise him for not having done all of that in his two weeks as President so far.

What he has done is sign 28 executive orders so far, many of them undoing the bullshit put in to place by Trump.

Like you say, with the pandemic on his hands being priority PLUS dealing with the fallout of Trump’s presidency, I’d say he’s doing pretty damn well. To think he was gonna change America on his first day and be able to fulfil all of his lofty ambitions as President is the talk of somebody actively rooting for his failure. It just isn’t that easy. 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah, I won't deny that the pandemic is a massive issue, but it doesn't look like he's doing much about that either. See below:

I'm not expecting him to have done everything just yet, but considering he's one of the most powerful people in the world and has all those executive orders, I don't think it's wrong for me to expect a bit more from him. He could at least try and do all the stuff he said he was going to do on day one...

Alas, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's so great about Biden. It' s not that I'm "actively rooting for his failure", it's that I don't like this worship of yet another old rich white guy that just seems like yet another useless bureaucrat.

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, I won't deny that the pandemic is a massive issue, but it doesn't look like he's doing much about that either. See below:

I'm not expecting him to have done everything just yet, but considering he's one of the most powerful people in the world and has all those executive orders, I don't think it's wrong for me to expect a bit more from him. He could at least try and do all the stuff he said he was going to do on day one...

Alas, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's so great about Biden. It' s not that I'm "actively rooting for his failure", it's that I don't like this worship of yet another old rich white guy that just seems like yet another useless bureaucrat.

I mean you have quoted an account that is titled has Biden done anything yet .... My assumption might be that that account might be not a fair reflection ? 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean you have quoted an account that is titled has Biden done anything yet .... My assumption might be that that account might be not a fair reflection ? 

The account is factual though, based on the news and what Biden has said/done. Just because it has a slight bias, doesn't mean it isn't right. It's not like I'm just picking at little things like "oh my god, Biden wore the wrong coloured suit!" or whatever.

But hey, let's say you're right. So can you give me a GOOD reflection of Biden then?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The account is factual though, based on the news and what Biden has said/done. Just because it has a slight bias, doesn't mean it isn't right. It's not like I'm just picking at little things like "oh my god, Biden wore the wrong coloured suit!" or whatever.

But hey, let's say you're right. So can you give me a GOOD reflection of Biden then?

im giving  him time to make a difference .... which I would say is mostly my approach to people in general that ive not met ... weather it be on forums ... in real life , or the President of the US ... 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

He is currently engaged in trying to pass a relief bill?

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im giving  him time to make a difference .... which I would say is mostly my approach to people in general that ive not met ... weather it be on forums ... in real life , or the President of the US ... 

But there's a difference between giving someone a chance, and worshipping them like so many seem to be doing. Besides, you can't really compare one of the most powerful people in the world to some average person on the internet or in real life; the average persons decisions usually don't affect the lives of millions of people.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He is currently engaged in trying to pass a relief bill?

Okay, that's good. See that's what I want to be seeing! Instead of the usual "at least its not Trump", which is such a low bar to judge anyone by lol

45 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s passed hasn’t it? 51-50 in the Senate yesterday I think. 

It was the budget reconciliation. Which allows them to move forward with the Covid bill and not have to jump through hoops. We’re getting the money real soon.

always enjoy everyone who doesnt live here to say nothing is happening or changed yet. Stop acting like the pundits who get paid to say the switch wasnt flipped within 2 seconds of his oath being taken. How about getting a cabinet confirmed before tackling other issues. How about the senate and house sorting out their power bullshit.  There are only so many hours in a day yet there seems to be a need in which it must be 24/7 type of change happening. Youve gotten too used to the last guy being awake at 3am trying to change policy via tweet. Ya’ll acting like its your $1400 check that youre waiting on amongst other things. 

On 2/7/2021 at 5:41 AM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, that's good. See that's what I want to be seeing! Instead of the usual "at least its not Trump", which is such a low bar to judge anyone by lol

It’s OK for people to be happy that the White House isn’t occupied by a corrupt fraud though, isn’t it? Just for a couple of weeks, anyway. Let the folks have their honeymoon. 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

But there's a difference between giving someone a chance, and worshipping them like so many seem to be doing. Besides, you can't really compare one of the most powerful people in the world to some average person on the internet or in real life; the average persons decisions usually don't affect the lives of millions of people.

Who has been worshipping him? I thought the general vibe in here was that he's not ideal but he's better than Trump? (I can't claim to know enough about him to have an opinion.)