U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Lynsey Graham reminds me of an amateur at a poker tournament, hands trembling as he pushes his mound of chips forward "I'm going all in, 'cause I'm a holdin' a hand full of aces, yes sir!"

Ha, perfect summation of Graham any time he’s on TV. Always seems like he’s just short of saying ‘Please don’t look any further in to this’.

I’m always torn between thinking he did a complete 180 on Trump because Trump has some dirt on him, or him just being such a snivelling weasel that he would bend the knee to anybody.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Mitch is all  about what’s best for the party, so I’m guessing he’s seen the polling and what having a loon like MTG being the new face of the Republicans is doing for them in the long haul.

It was one thing to have Trump hinting at this kind of stuff but with plausible deniability and all the while handing Mitch his judges etc, but having MTG out front ranting and raving about Jewish space lasers and 9/11 being a hoax is not gonna play for them trying to win back seats, the senate and the presidency. 

But they’re not gonna expel her, so this is what they’re stuck with now, and whilst it’s horrific that somebody like her can be in such a position of power, in terms of Dems vs. Reps it absolutely fucks any chance of them gaining back in power. She’s quickly turning in to Trump’s new talking head, only more outright batshit and awful.

I feel like I've got a fairly good handle on all this - but I still haven't got myself au fait with the Jewish space lasers yet.

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Mitch is testing the water, to see whether it's safe to turn on Trump.

He really really REALLY wants to swing the Republicans behind convicting Trump, but of course he's putting himself first and only going to do it if he has the numbers.

He was able to stop the objections  except for Hawley after the capitol attack. I think he can easily get the numbers for impeachment. Thats why I had been thinking he made a deal to ensure a conviction and he can still get some wiggle room in the future on issues. But at this point the dems can do what they want the minute the cabinet confirmations are sorted out. 

And Lindsey Graham surely wants to make it seem that somebody still has something to hold over him. The person in question posted the videos themselves, what is there to manipulate lol.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

It's amazing someone like her has got through the system. How did the Republicans not vet her or miss the crazy?

Because they realise that large portions of their base now fully support this kind of stuff, as well as certain members. This is a large part of what Republicans are about now and so they’re gonna roll with it for as long as they can.

16 minutes ago, jump said:

It's amazing someone like her has got through the system. How did the Republicans not vet her or miss the crazy?

She isnt the only one. Remember they let a person who says that Hitler is their hero get elected. MTG lucked out in her election because her opponent mysteriously dropped out a few weeks before and ran unopposed. 

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She isnt the only one. Remember they let a person who says that Hitler is their hero get elected. MTG lucked out in her election because her opponent mysteriously dropped out a few weeks before and ran unopposed. 

People voting for her doesn't surprise me but allowing someone to represent a party who chases around Muslims telling them to swear on the bible and telling school shooting victims to stop faking it is fucked up.

I read an article about her which was talking about her district specifically, the local papers and her meeting with the residents sounds mental. She is telling them about her impeachment of Biden and they are all taking it seriously because no one is pointing out she's fucking nuts. The article also points out she's not avworking class redneck as people would like her to be but went to University and came from a comfortable life.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/537621-biden-says-trump-shouldnt-get-intel-briefings?fbclid=IwAR27ghSOPtF_AWak6hqqNOlXGqy5qSgZVZ1Yq_KlPAhx_RpltbiQg-EXsmA

Well, this is confusing. Why doesn’t he just contact Q for the info? In fact, isn’t trump still president anyway? (TBH, I can’t keep up with the storyline/s any more)