U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

👀

And possibly fake? There is absolutely no attribution as to where this was sourced, and other news sources have not picked it up. So possibly a smoking gun, possibly a photoshop job.

This appears to be the source: https://www.nationalmemo.com/miller-disarmed-national-guard

I don't know how reliable they are, but I tend to only count accredited sources, and even then with some salt.

#ShareResponsibly

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

You're right.

I am wrong.

What an error! 

Just checking. I imagine you mightve just been typing real fast and such and seen its feb currently. And I have no issue with a dive on certain info so we arent all turning into Q either.

Edited by Suprefan

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Least surprising headline of the year...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/us/politics/trump-election-donors-spending.html

Trump was conning them you say???

I saw another article which covered this and the bigger donations were used on the legal cases as those donations were more trackable but the smaller donations from the average person went straight to a completey different fund. So the everyday person who were donating for their believed fight for democracy were just literally just giving Trump money.

12 minutes ago, jump said:

I saw another article which covered this and the bigger donations were used on the legal cases as those donations were more trackable but the smaller donations from the average person went straight to a completey different fund. So the everyday person who were donating for their believed fight for democracy were just literally just giving Trump money.

The terms of service on the donation page specifically stated thats where the donations would go and people still fell for it. Campaign finance laws state that if you donate beneath a certain number that you do not need to report the source in your FEC filings.

Man, what will happen if they dont listen to Lindsay Graham?!? THE FBI IS COMING!??! WE’LL FIND OUT WHO WAS BEHIND JAN 6th!?!

and its not like Mitch has any power to do anything about it. I hope this gets to the house so they have to go on record and defend her.

Edited by Suprefan

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

and its not like Mitch has any power to do anything about it.

Mitch is testing the water, to see whether it's safe to turn on Trump.

He really really REALLY wants to swing the Republicans behind convicting Trump, but of course he's putting himself first and only going to do it if he has the numbers.

Mitch is all  about what’s best for the party, so I’m guessing he’s seen the polling and what having a loon like MTG being the new face of the Republicans is doing for them in the long haul.

It was one thing to have Trump hinting at this kind of stuff but with plausible deniability and all the while handing Mitch his judges etc, but having MTG out front ranting and raving about Jewish space lasers and 9/11 being a hoax is not gonna play for them trying to win back seats, the senate and the presidency. 

But they’re not gonna expel her, so this is what they’re stuck with now, and whilst it’s horrific that somebody like her can be in such a position of power, in terms of Dems vs. Reps it absolutely fucks any chance of them gaining back in power. She’s quickly turning in to Trump’s new talking head, only more outright batshit and awful.

Lynsey Graham reminds me of an amateur at a poker tournament, hands trembling as he pushes his mound of chips forward "I'm going all in, 'cause I'm a holdin' a hand full of aces, yes sir!"

Regardless of what happens at Trump's trial, in time there will be a full commission to determine what happened on Jan 6th, so it will all come out anyway.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Just checking. I imagine you mightve just been typing real fast and such and seen its feb currently. And I have no issue with a dive on certain info so we arent all turning into Q either.

Yes, just an error. But I think it important to admit when we make a mistake - that's another way to fend off the QAnons. When you can't admit an error, then you have to adopt a bigger untruth to justify it, and it snowballs from there. Next thing you're dressed like Jamiroquai looking down the barrel of 20 years in prison.