U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They could have hired a night shift?

You forgot about Covid among the other factors such as not having enough in their budget to do that? And some states/counties wont allow them to count longer than a certain time each day. That’s what hampered Florida 20 years ago and made it impossible to count every vote in time.

if you want to watch a livestream of the counting being done by literal zombies, tune into Philadelphia.

Wisconsin coming through. A ton of absentee ballots came through. Still a lot of votes left in democrat districts to get tacked on.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Isn't he?! I thought she (didn't catch her name?) came across really well though. 

Yeah. How do you even begin to try and reason with someone like that, it’s blood boiling. I guess that shows what’s at stake here, those kinds of people in the ascendency is terrifying. 

This is great news because it shows the theory of to be counted mail in votes making a difference to have some truth to it. WI is far from done, but if it goes blue it gives you more confidence for PA and MI in terms of the mail in votes swinging things in favour of Biden. We’ve been here before in recent elections where they’re saying “we expect this to happen” and it never does and we’re left with a shit result. Good turn of events here for sure.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

If my maths is correct, the Wisconsin result doesn't really change anything, Trump always needed to keep Michigan and Pennsylvania and will still probably win if he does.

It’s a strong indicator that postal votes are going to cause late swings. 

5 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

If my maths is correct, the Wisconsin result doesn't really change anything, Trump always needed to keep Michigan and Pennsylvania and will still probably win if he does.

You mean because the 2 million mail in votes that have yet to be counted won’t be going a certain way in Pennsylvania? It’s already being projected that Biden will overtake once those are counted. Thus why the insanely disproportionate gop lead right now in Pa. Go back to doing some more math. And you aren’t even factoring in Georgia which is going to be in the same scenario plus the delayed counting in Fulton County which is a dem stronghold. That lead in Ga has been slowly shrinking all night.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Wisconsin certainly helps.

If Biden does take the state, then he's going to be within 16 votes of victory - which means that any one of Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Georgia (which all also have mail in votes to be counted late on) would put him over the line.