U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I personally think we will not hear from Trump again. He will go quiet and go into hiding. The “we will see you again” thing he mentioned in his speech was very interesting - felt like yet another dog whistle.

I reckon the Q cult will feel like he’s gone away to plot a return, and they will speak of his return like a second coming - he’s planning something big. They will speculate this right until he dies, and then claim Trump faked his death and was silenced.

Cant remember who shared but the study about conspiracy nuts doubling down when they are proven wrong is really interesting. I think it’s spot on. I’m trying to think of realistic ways that they can double down on this. Not to give them any ideas but trump going away and plotting a big return sounds pretty likely...

That may have been this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thread finished? 😄

I do think we need to talk a bit more about the fallout that Trumps base is about to fix. We don’t know really how they are going to take this yet.

I wanna hear this forums opinions on who decides to step up and takeover the republicans 

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do think we need to talk a bit more about the fallout that Trumps base is about to fix. We don’t know really how they are going to take this yet.

I wanna hear this forums opinions on who decides to step up and takeover the republicans 

I’m not entirely sure how all of this works but you’d imagine both Cruz and Hawley will go for it, although neither have a chance of winning after their parts in the capitol storming.

Seen some talk of Romney going for it again, and his whole denouncing Trump’s actions and mostly coming across as a good Republican over the past year would suggest he’s been making a case for it. Would probably be a good choice for them, although I’m uncertain how good his chances would be.

Although Kamala would obviously be a great choice from the Dems, even just for what she’d represent, I can imagine America’s big racist/sexist problem might prove problematic for her vs. a traditional white male R choice, although I’d hope that most of Biden’s votes would go straight to her, + most of those younger voters who grow old enough in the next four years. 

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So much of this depends on what happens with Trump. If he's prosecuted, if his myriad crimes are properly exposed and accounted for, and if he tries to set up his Patriot party. He still effectively holds the GOP by the balls.