Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

46 minutes ago, km9 said:

I've been listening to a lot of tracks by artists I've never heard of to get an idea of who to see and who to avoid. Seems to be a lot of very similar singer/songwriter acts, who do nothing for me at all. 

Can anyone recommend any acts that I (we) might not have heard of that could be fun / interesting / exciting even?

Agreed on the singer/songwriter front; also a surprising amount of pop that I found pretty uninspiring too.

But there is a lot to be excited about. Working Men's Club, as just mentioned, put out possibly my favourite album of last year, immense dance rock. Of the lesser known acts, how about:

Chubby & the Gang - 70s-style punk (at speed):

PVA - electro-rock, with alternating female/male vocals:

Sinead O'Brien - quirky indie with almost spoken word vocals a la Dry Cleaning:

bdrmm - shoegaze:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, km9 said:

I've been listening to a lot of tracks by artists I've never heard of to get an idea of who to see and who to avoid. Seems to be a lot of very similar singer/songwriter acts, who do nothing for me at all. 

Can anyone recommend any acts that I (we) might not have heard of that could be fun / interesting / exciting even?

Wet Leg (new cool indie 2 piece from the Isle of Wight)

Vlure - Imagine the characters from Trainspotting going to art school, getting into Depeche Mode and getting quite shouty / angry about it. 

On 6/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Choo choo! All aboard the Latitude train!!

Another one sucked in by the prospect of a proper festival actually guaranteed to happen. Plus the lineup has quite a few acts I’m keen to see, big & small.

I’ve been once before, in 2011. Enjoyed it, even if it all felt a little sober & controlled for a festival. Can’t imagine too much will have changed?

I’m fine with a tent but some of my group keen on staying off site in a B&B or something. Has anyone done that before? Is it easy to get a taxi at 3am??

I did a night shift on one of the gates last time out. Didn't actually see the taxi rank but was sending a lot of people down that way. I'd imagine very busy but well organised. By 3am the vast majority of day ticket holders and people staying off site were well gone. Most went after the headliners finished. 

• Upvote 1

Re. The Clashfinder: The Obelisk is probably in the right order, the other 2 stages are in alpha order other than the headliners.  That's likely as good as your going to get for a while as, if memory serves me well, the last couple of festivals Latitude have been thoroughly painful about releasing the set times in advance, and have only released Friday timings on the Monday, Saturday timings on the Tuesday, and Sunday timings on the Wednesday of the festival week. There is also an official Latitude app, which is already available but mainly populated with pages of 'Coming Soon'.

Edited by Born in the fifties

1 hour ago, Born in the fifties said:

Re. The Clashfinder: The Obelisk is probably in the right order, the other 2 stages are in alpha order other than the headliners.  That's likely as good as your going to get for a while as, if memory serves me well, the last couple of festivals Latitude have been thoroughly painful about releasing the set times in advance, and have only released Friday timings on the Monday, Saturday timings on the Tuesday, and Sunday timings on the Wednesday of the festival week. There is also an official Latitude app, which is already available but mainly populated with pages of 'Coming Soon'.

In your experience are we likely to learn what days the below artists are playing any time soon, or will it be when they announce stage times? 

SmartSelect_20210630-095032_Instagram.jpg

2 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

In your experience are we likely to learn what days the below artists are playing any time soon, or will it be when they announce stage times? 

There's no obvious reason why they haven't done so already, this represents a full complement of acts for the Alcove based on the 2019 schedule; and I don't think there is any history to go on for this.  I seem to remember they said there are more acts to be added (eg. Waterfont Stage), so it would either be if they announce more acts and update the line-up poster(s) or when they announce (as in feed us drip by drip) the stage times.  It all seems to be done in a way to piss us off get us to get our credit cards out when we arrive to buy programmes.

6 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Re. The Clashfinder: The Obelisk is probably in the right order, the other 2 stages are in alpha order other than the headliners.

The last four names on Friday and Saturday and the last three on Sunday on Obelisk are in alphabetical order so I don't think it's completely in the right order. But I think the ones before it are in the right order, except acts billed as special guests.

10 minutes ago, Miyn said:

The last four names on Friday and Saturday and the last three on Sunday on Obelisk are in alphabetical order so I don't think it's completely in the right order. But I think the ones before it are in the right order, except acts billed as special guests.

This ^ I think they’ve only really put the ‘headliners’ in situ

8 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

5 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

There's no obvious reason why they haven't done so already, this represents a full complement of acts for the Alcove based on the 2019 schedule; and I don't think there is any history to go on for this.  I seem to remember they said there are more acts to be added (eg. Waterfont Stage), so it would either be if they announce more acts and update the line-up poster(s) or when they announce (as in feed us drip by drip) the stage times.  It all seems to be done in a way to piss us off get us to get our credit cards out when we arrive to buy programmes.

I havent been for a couple of years but they always used to sell a programme (for a tenner i think).. a big fat thing, with all the stage times in..

Hence, the not sharing beforehand

13 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I havent been for a couple of years but they always used to sell a programme (for a tenner i think).. a big fat thing, with all the stage times in..

Hence, the not sharing beforehand

They do usually put the times on their website beforehand too, but only about a week beforehand nowadays 

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

They do usually put the times on their website beforehand too, but only about a week beforehand nowadays 

Putting in the work to find new stuff to find out in the end you can't see them. Welcome return of a festival  tradition 😉

35 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Weekenders sold out on seetickets, have been for about a week?

According to Latitude's Instagram post last night, Saturday is sold out but still tickets available for Friday, Sunday and weekend. Can't imagine there's many left of the latter, probably one or two through smaller ticket agents?

It's just dawned on me. Latitude is this month! Three weeks today. An actual proper festival. With no masks or social distancing or one-way systems. 

Possibly because I only got tickets last week or that my last camping festival was Glastonbury 2019 but my sense of timing is way off, feels like ages and no time at all at the same time.

Better air the tent this weekend...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

According to Latitude's Instagram post last night, Saturday is sold out but still tickets available for Friday, Sunday and weekend. Can't imagine there's many left of the latter, probably one or two through smaller ticket agents?

Its back on Ticketmaster the weekend tickets as of last night

41 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's just dawned on me. Latitude is this month! Three weeks today. An actual proper festival. With no masks or social distancing or one-way systems. 

Possibly because I only got tickets last week or that my last camping festival was Glastonbury 2019 but my sense of timing is way off, feels like ages and no time at all at the same time.

Better air the tent this weekend...

Ive got an 11 hour playlist to batter over the next 3 weeks too. Really excited to have a festival fast approaching.