Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

22 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Urgh compromised immune system partner just had a positive LFT - doing another in an hour, then booking PCR. 

Mine still negative, I'm doing LFT every 2 days as i go to different sites for work - both double vaxxed - they feel very under the weather, to put it mildly ☹

Get well soon to you and yours mate. 

Double vax, should do exactly as intended and stave off the worst of the illness.

Testing positive now, well after the event you'd assume this wasn't contracted at Latitude. 

20 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Get well soon to you and yours mate. 

Double vax, should do exactly as intended and stave off the worst of the illness.

Testing positive now, well after the event you'd assume this wasn't contracted at Latitude. 

I was just coming here to update my post - thank you for the well wishes

Partner did 2 follow up LFT spaced a few hours after, both negative, awaiting PCR results, thinking they may have done the intital one too soon after eating/drinking which may have caused a false positive.

Agree about the timings but they haven't actually been out of the house since we returned from Latitude so if they had got the virus it would be down to me.... fingers crossed the PCR is neg too, tbh they feel a lot better today anyway😁

22 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I was just coming here to update my post - thank you for the well wishes

Partner did 2 follow up LFT spaced a few hours after, both negative, awaiting PCR results, thinking they may have done the intital one too soon after eating/drinking which may have caused a false positive.

Agree about the timings but they haven't actually been out of the house since we returned from Latitude so if they had got the virus it would be down to me.... fingers crossed the PCR is neg too, tbh they feel a lot better today anyway😁

Glad to hear it! My friend had a similar case where they felt awful but then the LFTs varied in results but was all clear after the PCR - I suppose now we might see a few more infections as a results of the travel back (trains and coaches) but anyone testing positive now will be really hard to distinguish where they actually caught it, it does seem as if the majority have been fine though so I'll be interested to see the final results 

Done a final test today as seeing some elderly relatives later on and was negative again so I'm assuming if I were to have caught it at the festival it would have shown up by now, any later would have been too late. I guess we'll find out the final results of the trials soon, it was about 3 weeks after the Blossoms pilot IIRC. Conveniently 3 weeks will be just before Reading and Leeds I believe, what a coincidence...

23 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

My brother was supposed to come to Latitude. Caught Covid at the pub for the Euro final on 11th, app pinged on the 16th so testing daily for the festival and got a positive LFT on the 19th.

Worrying how long it can take to test positive!

Edited by compactdisc
Forgot to finish my post

4 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Done a final test today as seeing some elderly relatives later on and was negative again so I'm assuming if I were to have caught it at the festival it would have shown up by now, any later would have been too late. I guess we'll find out the final results of the trials soon, it was about 3 weeks after the Blossoms pilot IIRC. Conveniently 3 weeks will be just before Reading and Leeds I believe, what a coincidence...

3 weeks is 2 weeks before Reading, so fair bit of time. whatever the results say it won't be cancelled, would have to be like lockdown to cancel it now

10 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

But how are they going to get results? wasn't the Sefton Park gig dependent on people doing LFTs afterwards? Latitude don't even know who was at the festival - only the names of those who bought the ticket. And I've not been asked if I tested positive. I think once the government gave the green light for festivals, Melvin pulled the budget and decided to just do a bit of smoke and mirrors

38 minutes ago, Mackem said:

But how are they going to get results? wasn't the Sefton Park gig dependent on people doing LFTs afterwards? Latitude don't even know who was at the festival - only the names of those who bought the ticket. And I've not been asked if I tested positive. I think once the government gave the green light for festivals, Melvin pulled the budget and decided to just do a bit of smoke and mirrors

I had to supply the contact details for all the people in my group (received an email asking for the details just before the festival), so if any of those notes test positive then they know they were at Latitude. 

9 minutes ago, bethannny said:

Anyone who (like me) loved VLURE - they're playing a free show in London on Thursday 26th August, tickets on DICE 👍

Thanks.  They were great. I thought the frontman was going to nut someone at the beginning,  but that all changed. 

13 hours ago, Mackem said:

Hang on - you're right! I'd forgotten that. Although of course they're just relying on the info we gave as there were no ID checks. There weren't any checks of my double vax either. I couldn't get a signal so just showed a printout, which could have been anyones. I've been pinged since I got back (think it was from Sunday) so there were certainly cases around. Just went to show how much of a sledgehammer the app is. The only time I ever felt I might be at risk was in the Alcove (Vlure @bethannny - thanks for the Dice tipoff!) but I spent most of Sunday outside either at the Obelisk, BBC Introducing or on the edge of Sunrise. You're never going to catch Covid there.

18 hours ago, Mackem said:

They still haven't published the Stage II research results yet (they were going to be peer reviewed so I guess it may take a while).

It does make you wonder if we'll ever see the Stage III results from Latitude (and of course the longer they are left not published the less relevant they will become as the circumstances around things such as vaccine roll out changes)

7 hours ago, rseamer said:

They still haven't published the Stage II research results yet (they were going to be peer reviewed so I guess it may take a while).

It does make you wonder if we'll ever see the Stage III results from Latitude (and of course the longer they are left not published the less relevant they will become as the circumstances around things such as vaccine roll out changes)

To be honest I think it was always intended as helping festivals next year. I think we're in for a pretty tough winter so to have all this in place could help festivals to have the confidence of announcing even if events have been pulled again. 

We've just had a bit of a bonus of having some beyond the ERP to show it can be done without things going completely wrong. I'm not sure when ERP was created that there was the intention to allow that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jimbo1972 said:

Hi troops how strict were they at latitude in terms of checking if you had uploaded your lateral flow test before entering?

We checked your confirmation email or text message from the NHS rather than checking the test itself.

Though obviously those are easy to fake or to submit false results, and there's no workable way of verifying the result.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:33 AM, jimbo1972 said:

Hi troops how strict were they at latitude in terms of checking if you had uploaded your lateral flow test before entering?

it takes about 2 minutes just do it in the car, its not a big deal

Trial results are in and they suggest 2.6% of attendees caught the virus there. To be truthful I expected a lot more but it shows you can't always believe social media.

Not to downplay the pandemic but these seem pretty stable numbers and probably mean next summers festival season will be alright  with simular measures in place.