Jump to content

Latitude 2021


Chapple12345

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

What exactly didnt you like about it? Reluctant to buy a ticket for a festival that id never normally consider, but under the circumstances i think ive got take whatever i can get 

Hard to say exactly what it was, it just wasn't 'my' festival. And I wouldn't say I didn't like it, I just didn't love it. Had a good time when I was there but even at the time I knew I'd be in no rush to return (how little we knew then) especially when you consider the distance for me. 

I mean a lot of it was stuff you've probably already heard about Latitude. Some of the punters were, shall we say, tricky to deal with for all the reasons you already expect but that was only really an issue when on shift. Bothers me less when I'm not working and most people I interacted with as a punter myself were fine. The site is lovely, but the really commercial side of it is a bit jarring. The fact it's now "cinch presents Latitude" really doesn't help. 

On the positive side, some of the smaller stages were great and I saw some brilliant acts just by wandering about. And as a massive comedy fan, that side is top notch. And some really good if expensive food choices. 

I think in a normal year I wouldn't even be considering it. But it's not a normal year and so I am really looking forward to it

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

Hi

Does anyone know if a day ticket only gives you access to see only the main stage acts or are other stages in the arena area?

Thanks

 

There'd be no way of preventing you from moving around the whole site. The only area you won't have access to is the camp site, I'd expect

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There'd be no way of preventing you from moving around the whole site. The only area you won't have access to is the camp site, I'd expect

 

1 hour ago, oweinp said:

All stages are in the main arena, so you can explore them all

Thanks for the replies, thats good to know. 

Now to try to covince my partner we need to get tickets for the fullevent or at least the Chem's day. Better not wait to long as I assume they will fly now its a test event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I eventually went for a ticket today after umming and ahing about it for a few weeks because of the test event rumours. Feel a bit dirty given the corporate backing and inside-job nature of the 'Test Event' status. Also seems expensive for what it is. I always wanted to go to Latitude around 6-8 years ago though, so young me would at least be happy!

Having said that, it's a festival with a middling line-up which is very likely to go ahead. Not much for me in the headliners, but a fair bit down the bill and seems like there's more to be announced. Only problem there is that they'll probably all end up playing every festival which goes ahead, but wouldn't that be a nice problem to have!

Very much looking forward to the anticipation of Clashfinders and Playlists with a realistic ambition they'll be worth doing!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that haven’t been before and may be used to bigger festivals like Glastonbury- the pros are not a huge trek from car to camping, smaller festival with a lot of variety ( theatre/ dance/ comedy/ literature) as well as music and shade in the woods and lake swimming if hot! Cons are separate camping and arena, commercialisation, having to pay for extras like programmes, lock ups, etc, There also seated stands in main obelisk stage which is good if you are really knackered and just want a sit down. A bit of sound bleed from stages. Lots of teenagers who have just left school getting very drunk🙄

BBC tent usually v good. 
we decided to get tickets again this year once it looked like we might get an option by end of July. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There'd be no way of preventing you from moving around the whole site. The only area you won't have access to is the camp site, I'd expect

They do sometimes let day ticket folks into the campsite - a few friends of mine have done that in the past to come back for a can. It’s probably down to the discretion of the wristband team on the day though, so worth checking. 

But yeah, everything bar some food trucks/market stalls is in the main arena

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I got them yesterday anticipating the sell out! 

Excited now 

12 hours ago, mikegday said:

Absolutely made up to have this on the horizon now. Would love to know how many they’ve sold today haha!

anyone know what the drink choices are when inside?

Says carlsberg are their partners so I assume that and Somersby. Not the best. Reading had a carlsberg bar (separate to the regular main ones) that did export which isn't too bad, and had rhubarb and strawberry Somersby which I loved 

Can anyone reassure that there's a craft beer sort of option...?

11 hours ago, sedra said:

For those that haven’t been before and may be used to bigger festivals like Glastonbury- the pros are not a huge trek from car to camping, smaller festival with a lot of variety ( theatre/ dance/ comedy/ literature) as well as music and shade in the woods and lake swimming if hot! Cons are separate camping and arena, commercialisation, having to pay for extras like programmes, lock ups, etc, There also seated stands in main obelisk stage which is good if you are really knackered and just want a sit down. A bit of sound bleed from stages. Lots of teenagers who have just left school getting very drunk🙄

BBC tent usually v good. 
we decided to get tickets again this year once it looked like we might get an option by end of July. 

Sounds a little like a more upmarket version of kendal calling up here, with a slightly more refined lineup. My perfect sized festival- I find the tiny ones have their own advantages but are missing something (maybe the communal feel and the "free" feeling of walking around a bigger field) so medium  sized is perfect to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and the co-op is on the partner list and I was VERY impressed with that at Reading - cold cans (only of the drinks sold at the bars but, you know, cold!) And the regular shop priced water, mixers, sandwiches, snacks etc. Really helps when you just want something simple and not a full on food van meal. 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Says carlsberg are their partners so I assume that and Somersby. Not the best. Reading had a carlsberg bar (separate to the regular main ones) that did export which isn't too bad, and had rhubarb and strawberry Somersby which I loved 

Can anyone reassure that there's a craft beer sort of option...?.

There’s a separate thread on this ‘Latitude booze options’ - basically nobody is sure, it’s mainly piss but there’s probably a token real ale point (that will no doubt be swamped)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Boo said:

Is there likely to be any special guests?

I have only been to Latitude once before (2018)  and there was a enjoyable surprise set by Liam Gallagher that year.

Ha. I was in the tent for that as well and it was great although he was so pissed he couldn't perform with The Killers.

Fully expect Ed Sheeran of that parish to pop up somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Ha. I was in the tent for that as well and it was great although he was so pissed he couldn't perform with The Killers.

Fully expect Ed Sheeran of that parish to pop up somewhere.

 

3 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Is there likely to be any special guests?

I have only been to Latitude once before (2018)  and there was a enjoyable surprise set by Liam Gallagher that year.

Yeah Ed Sheeran usually pops in - he came on in 2016 with someone I can’t remember in the BBC6 music tent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...