What are your 2021 lineup expectations?

Matt42

What are your 2021 lineup expectations?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see with the 2021 lineup?

• A complete rollover of 2020 - everyone on the poster returning. Sacrificing any agreements they had for 2021. (100% 2020 + some new acts at the bottom of the lineup).
    • As close to 2020 as possible with a few different acts in high slots and losing one or two big bookings they had. (75% 2020 lineup).
    • Half 2020 half 2021 acts. Losing a lot of 2020 acts but gaining some new ones. (50% 2020 lineup).
    • One or two 2020 headliners but most stages with new bookings. (15% 2020 lineup).
    • New lineup. 2020 acts returning on their next touring cycle. (Less than 5%).

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

What I will miss is the speculation, misinformation, extrapolation of tenuous links, rumours and those who claim to be in the know that I really enjoy on here!😁.  It sees you through the long dark winters days. 

That’s if the vast majority of acts are rolled over of course. 

You underestimate the strength of the rumour mill.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

What I will miss is the speculation, misinformation, extrapolation of tenuous links, rumours and those who claim to be in the know that I really enjoy on here!😁.  It sees you through the long dark winters days. 

That’s if the vast majority of acts are rolled over of course. 

Until I see a TBC or C next to an artists name on the Efests line up page, I reserve the right to speculate and extrapolate tenuous links! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Until I see a TBC or C next to an artists name on the Efests line up page, I reserve the right to speculate and extrapolate tenuous links! 

I would be disappointed if anyone on here didn’t reserve that right! It would be a pretty boring place!

Now, about that possible Oasis reunion on the pyramid............

On 4/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

The Park 2020 or we riot 

You can keep it, I'm happy to only have to trek up to the park area once on Thursday evening and get my hill top season just looking out over the fest in at the same time. All jokes aside, it would be nice if we did all get back what we would like.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, Ddiamondd said:

2/3rds retained would be great.

Diana Ross and Fatboy Slim will lose their big slots I reckon. Diana is averse to travelling and Fatboy seemed like a very last minute replacement (wonder if we will ever know who for?)

Edit: not PSB! happy to be proven wrong

Would love to keep King Kenny at the top.

I think Fatboy Slim may be moved to the JP top spot instead but in reality he brings enough people in that it's not undeserved for him to get the Other stage headline spot, I thought given the lineup announced it was a very good decision. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

You can keep it, I'm happy to only have to trek up to the park area once on Thursday evening and get my hill top season just looking out over the fest in at the same time. All jokes aside, it would be nice if we did all get back what we would like.

I think Fatboy Slim may be moved to the JP top spot instead but in reality he brings enough people in that it's not undeserved for him to get the Other stage headline spot, I thought given the lineup announced it was a very good decision. 

I’d be amazed if anyone who wants their slots lose it.  

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'd think they'd try to keep as close as possible to the 2020 line up, but factor in changes in music. If there's some break out star who deserves a slot, I can't imagine they'd deny them just because they weren't on the bill a year ago.

Fully agree.  

my point above was more that they’re not going to say to Fatboy/Dua etc.... yeah want you to play but someone better is available now so you’re not having your Other top spot. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Fully agree.  

my point above was more that they’re not going to say to Fatboy/Dua etc.... yeah want you to play but someone better is available now so you’re not having your Other top spot. 

I imagine they’ll try to tie up the acts to return ASAP but then hold off filling the gaps until next year when they have a better idea of who’s about and who’s hot.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I imagine they’ll try to tie up the acts to return ASAP but then hold off filling the gaps until next year when they have a better idea of who’s about and who’s hot.

Yep, fully agree mate.  Sure there would have been some gaps here and there on the big stages. 

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Still don’t agree with this Dua Lipa raving. I think other than PSB, those Other headliners can at least improve for 2021. 
Wouldn’t be surprised if Dua Lipa subbed the pyramid, or stayed as Other headliner. But I really can’t see her headlining anytime soon.

53 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Dua's album, single and tour underperformed relative to hype / anticipation of it being a major breakthrough, no? It's a tough year to do much to be fair, but there's no leap to headline status in the offing right now imo.

Wouldn't say she's bigger than when Ellie Goulding was third in 2016. Other headline is a good look for her.

No I don’t think Dua will be headlining but I’d be surprised if she was headlining the Other stage again. I think she’s a much bigger draw than Ellie Goulding, and she’s received more critical acclaim imo. I also don’t think she’s underperformed at the moment at all, as no one is buying tour tickets at the moment and she’s still one of the most streamed artists in the world right now. She has more monthly listeners on Spotify right now than Drake, and he’s just released probably the most stream friendly song of the year.

Also petty point but I think she’s majorly surpassed Ellie Goulding in terms of size.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, sisco said:

I’d be amazed if anyone who wants their slots lose it.  

I very much agree, they will want it to go as seamlessly as possible next year and certainly if what they has was good enough for the 50th then it's goid enough for the following. I imagine it'll all still be marketed as the 50th

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Still don’t agree with this Dua Lipa raving. I think other than PSB, those Other headliners can at least improve for 2021. 
Wouldn’t be surprised if Dua Lipa subbed the pyramid, or stayed as Other headliner. But I really can’t see her headlining anytime soon.

No one is saying about her headlining the Pyramid though, you are producing that from nowhere.

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Dua's album, single and tour underperformed relative to hype / anticipation of it being a major breakthrough, no? It's a tough year to do much to be fair, but there's no leap to headline status in the offing right now imo.

Wouldn't say she's bigger than when Ellie Goulding was third in 2016. Other headline is a good look for her.

3rd Pyramid is a an Other sub act and I think it's a year when all has gone to shit. Her recent album wasn't as good imo.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Selective reading on the second, I think the comparison between Ellie Goulding 2016 vs Dua Lipa 2020 is about on par. Ellie Goulding's had more album sales, Dua Lipa got more 'future of pop' hype and more international success, tied for #1s.

EG's on the way down now, DL on the way up. And I'd agree that EG would never have headlined the Other either in her prime.

I guess it comes down to hype and reception but I don't think anyone was saying Ellie was on the way to becoming a headline level act. EG has always been a popular but mid sized act, and I don't think she's ever headlined something in her career.

Dua on the other hand has a different degree of hype around her, and imo, I think most people are here for it. Their sales may be the same at the moment, but EG has been around for longer, and if Dua is already on the way to surpassing her that makes Dua look like the bigger deal.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

As a more general thing @Matt42, do you not think they'll keep slots for the big acts who can make 2021?

It would invalidate Emily's claim of more women in the top positions if Dua Lipa lost the Other slot and it was three male headliners on the that stage instead, no?

Erm, I think it's more likely that Dua would return and headline the other again probably out of respect for the festival, even if subbing pyramid would probably be better for her. Either way, wherever you put her on the lineup she will get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend. 

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No chance whatsoever in 2021.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kendrick, Macca, Taylor, Reg, Fleetwood Mac, Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay would all get the call to headline Glastonbury 2021 before Dua Lipa.

My point is that if she returns and headlines the other stage in 2021 she will probably be the biggest other stage headliner the festival has ever had. An other stage headliner that can truly rival a pyramid headliner imo.

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No one is saying about her headlining the Pyramid though, you are producing that from nowhere.

The post I’m quoting stated she’s gunning for headline spots, although not specifically directed at Glastonbury, we’re on a Glastonbury forum.

If I wanted to be facetious, although my previous sentence says pyramid, I never said headlining the pyramid - who’s producing something from nowhere now? 🙄

12 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Agreed on first point – Ellie Goulding's always been as much a Radio 2 thing as a Radio 1

Selective reading on the second, I think the comparison between Ellie Goulding 2016 vs Dua Lipa 2020 is about on par. Ellie Goulding's had more album sales, Dua Lipa got more 'future of pop' hype and more international success, tied for #1s.

EG's on the way down now, DL on the way up. And I'd agree that EG would never have headlined the Other either in her prime.

I think you have picked some selective stats to compare them though (Number 1s are kinda arbitary, Dont Start Now never got to Number 1 even though it is one of the biggest hits of the last year. Ellie Gouldings album debuted with only 3.5k more first week sales in the uk than Duas despite it releasing 5 years prior during a time of far better album sales and it being her third album to Duas second)

I agree I dont think she is Glasto headliner yet, her best move may be to just miss it now and come back in a couple years on the next album when she probably will be big enough. Could headline R+L though potentially

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think you have picked some selective stats to compare them though (Number 1s are kinda arbitary, Dont Start Now never got to Number 1 even though it is one of the biggest hits of the last year. Ellie Gouldings album debuted with only 3.5k more first week sales in the uk than Duas despite it releasing 5 years prior during a time of far better album sales and it being her third album to Duas second)

I agree I dont think she is Glasto headliner yet, her best move may be to just miss it now and come back in a couple years on the next album when she probably will be big enough. Could headline R+L though potentially

That was my initial thought way back when this whole debate started. I don't think she's a Pyramid headline in 2021, but the "she might demand a bigger a slot" more meant she might headline a different festival as an exclusive and skip Glastonbury.