What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

This series of Taskmaster has been the weakest for me so far. At first I thought it was the contestants that I wasn't loving but I think it that the tasks this season just haven't been as creative or as fun to watch. 

Yeah it’s not been all that great for me, but I think it’s a combination of both things you’ve mentioned, and think it may start to become a problem the longer the show goes on. It’s clear they’re running out of big name guests and are more frequently having to rely on low-key or newcomer comedians as all of the usual panel show lot have already done it, and likewise for the tasks in that they’re kind of running out of creative steam for a lot of them. It’s still a somewhat enjoyable watch, but certainly not something I get massively excited about watching anymore. 

I'm really enjoying this latest series, as evidenced by my love of Mike Wozniak. Much better than the last one, which was the weakest for me. Seems I'm in the minority when it comes to Daisy May Cooper. I do think they are still struggling with Covid regs, especially in the studio. No live audience and being so spread out on stage is impacting on the bits between tasks. Although the live tasks are usually my least favourite bit and I think they've had some really good ones this series

Not sure running out of big names is a problem. Quite often the big names have been the weakest contestants (both in terms of competition and comedy), Bob Mortimer excepted obviously. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, Ozanne said:

I’ve got the season 2 finale of For All Mankind to watch later on, I can’t wait that show is so good. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, ModernMan said:

It is really really good. Underrated as not many people have Apple TV. The Morning Show was also very good

Watched the first episode last night, terrific. Wake up this morning and Michael Collins has passed away.

RIP you big beautiful space adventurer!

Just catching up on the previous series of Taskmaster.  I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would tbh. Mawaan Rizwan is an absolute space cadet, and while I don't find Daisy May Cooper massively funny myself I do love the fact that I'm never sure if this is the episode when she's about to laugh so hard that she gives birth on set. And Richard Herring is...well he's Richard Herring.

Can’t believe it was over a year ago I started this thread thinking we might have a few months without pubs, gigs etc and here we are only now hoping things are on the way back!

Anyway, Mrs C decided last week after seeing me enthralled by line of duty  that she would watch every series from episode one. Cue a nightmare of a week for me trying to explain the plots, the characters etc. Mother of God it’s been exhausting!  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Can’t believe it was over a year ago I started this thread thinking we might have a few months without pubs, gigs etc and here we are only now hoping things are on the way back!

Anyway, Mrs C decided last week after seeing me enthralled by line of duty  that she would watch every series from episode one. Cue a nightmare of a week for me trying to explain the plots, the characters etc. Mother of God it’s been exhausting!  

dont forget the wee donkey

• Upvote 2

On 4/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Quite enjoying Viewpoint on ITV this week. A little bit different from the usual crime dramas.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women

This makes pretty grim reading though. I hate it when people you have previously admired turn out to be awful!

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women

This makes pretty grim reading though. I hate it when people you have previously admired turn out to be awful!

I know. News broke less than 24 hours after I posted that - now I don't know whether I want to watch the final 2 episodes.

Kind of reminds me of when I was half way through House of cards and then the Kevin Spacey stuff came out. I never watched another episode.

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

I know. News broke less than 24 hours after I posted that - now I don't know whether I want to watch the final 2 episodes.

Kind of reminds me of when I was half way through House of cards and then the Kevin Spacey stuff came out. I never watched another episode.

Yes forever tainted. To be honest British actors came off quite lightly in the whole #MeToo movement but it feels like it might just have been delayed. Wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing about a few more now. 

On 4/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, kalifire said:

Inside No. 9 is the most consistently creative thing on the television. Absolutely love that you’ve no idea what you’re going to get at the start of each episode. Can’t wait for the new season. 

Been re-watching the underrated and excellent Psychoville. Pemberton and Shearsmith are 2 of the greatest writers/performers of the modern age.

"Sorry Mum, I did a bad murder". 😄

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Been re-watching the underrated and excellent Psychoville. Pemberton and Shearsmith are 2 of the greatest writers/performers of the modern age.

Agreed, although I’ve never been able to get into League of Gentlemen. Just leaves me cold, somehow. That said, I’ve found I’m less likely to enjoy things with a laugh track. 

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

"Sorry Mum, I did a bad murder". 😄

Still blows my mind Oscar winner Daniel Kaluuya was in it!

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

It really was. Nearly as bad as that thing with James Nesbitt a few weeks ago. 

(Bloodlands) i blame Nesbitt for all of the shite TV out there... even if he only gets credited for 2 dodgy photos