What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

It's not a binge thing, and might not have a huge target audience here - but Sky have snapped up the Framing Britney Spears doc. Watched it this morning and was surprised by how much it got to me.

For me, Britney is just fond nostalgia of being age 8-15, so it was really interesting to look at the coverage and the way she was treated in the media with a more mature eye. So, so sad.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

It's not a binge thing, and might not have a huge target audience here - but Sky have snapped up the Framing Britney Spears doc. Watched it this morning and was surprised by how much it got to me.

For me, Britney is just fond nostalgia of being age 8-15, so it was really interesting to look at the coverage and the way she was treated in the media with a more mature eye. So, so sad.

That photographer- urgh. It’s a really sad story.

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

That photographer- urgh. It’s a really sad story.

Yeah fuck that guy. 

It didn’t give away too much that I didn’t already know, but it’s still awful to look back on it all and see how incredibly normalised it was to tear down this young girl at every opportunity. 

Apparently Netflix have also got a Britney doc in the works so will be interesting to see what else that covers.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah fuck that guy. 

It didn’t give away too much that I didn’t already know, but it’s still awful to look back on it all and see how incredibly normalised it was to tear down this young girl at every opportunity. 

Apparently Netflix have also got a Britney doc in the works so will be interesting to see what else that covers.

I always had a soft spot for Britney. Not her music - that's shite (apart from Toxic), just the way she was exploited as a child & laughed at by the press when she was obviously suffering mental health issues. I think it brought out my natural instincts as a father. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wandavision tomorrow... looking forward to seeing what format they’ll be going with. Should be into the 00’s now so will it be Office-style documentary with characters talking to and looking at the camera? Or maybe in the style of Curb?

So far they seem to have stuck with family-oriented sitcoms (hence skipping the obvious Friends, Seinfeld etc in favour of Malcolm in the Middle for the 90’s) so I’m guessing it’ll be the same for the 00’s, although I’m struggling to think of what that could be. Modern Family is all I can think of that fits that format so possibly that? Maybe there’s something more obvious that I’m forgetting.

edit: actually I completely forgot Modern Family did the whole ‘talking to the camera/interview’ thing so after touching on it last week I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go more full on with it tomorrow.

Edited by FloorFiller

Sadly the only good news to come out of the whole Britney saga is that we should be more understanding that people's behaviour might be an indication of deeper mental health issues and we should perhaps think before we criticise or mock.

I always felt that it was wrong to overtly sexualise such a young woman from the outset, that Baby one more time video was borderline Benny Hill territory.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

So far they seem to have stuck with family-oriented sitcoms (hence skipping the obvious Friends, Seinfeld etc in favour of Malcolm in the Middle for the 90’s) so I’m guessing it’ll be the same for the 00’s, although I’m struggling to think of what that could be. Modern Family is all I can think of that fits that format so possibly that? Maybe there’s something more obvious that I’m forgetting.

edit: actually I completely forgot Modern Family did the whole ‘talking to the camera/interview’ thing so after touching on it last week I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go more full on with it tomorrow.

Yeah going off the clip they released before with the intercut scenes it's Modern Family.

I watched the documentary "Crash Action Park" which HBO Max produced but Sky have on.

It is about a water park that has virtually zero safety measures and people without engineering backgrounds just built rides based on ideas. 

The park is still open now - under new ownership and a different name! 

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I watched the documentary "Crash Action Park" which HBO Max produced but Sky have on.

It is about a water park that has virtually zero safety measures and people without engineering backgrounds just built rides based on ideas. 

The park is still open now - under new ownership and a different name! 

I've read about that place. Sound insane. Wasn't aware of the doc though, so thanks

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Enjoying the second season of Succession.  Everyone who said it was even better were right. 

A couple of years ago the Guardian named as the best TV show of the year... this was the same year Chernobyl and S2 of Fleabag came out. I remember thinking “it can’t be THAT good.”

Turns out it was.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

A couple of years ago the Guardian named as the best TV show of the year... this was the same year Chernobyl and S2 of Fleabag came out. I remember thinking “it can’t be THAT good.”

Turns out it was.

Brilliant cast. Kieran Culkin perhaps the surprise for me. He does creepy weirdo very well!!

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For me it’s all about Tom and Gregg.

You can’t make a Tomlette without breaking a few Greggs...

Yes they are all fantastic to be fair. I think Kieran Culkin was just more of a surprise. The whole cast is fantastic. Tom and Greg are definitely the comic relief. I think I'll finish it this weekend and I will miss it. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes they are all fantastic to be fair. I think Kieran Culkin was just more of a surprise. The whole cast is fantastic. Tom and Greg are definitely the comic relief. I think I'll finish it this weekend and I will miss it. 

The ‘Boar on the Floor’ scene in S2 E3 is one of my favourite TV scenes of all time. Brian Cox is absolutely superb.