guypjfreak

Speaking of pricks, I just managed to annoy a scam caller so much he called me back, twice! I've managed to get one to call me back before (and tbh that one was more fun, he was so so angry) but twice is a new personal best

Actually, now I think about it, I should have kept him on the line longer. Just nice to talk to someone different.

Been watching Glasto on telly and feeling really really really positive about 2022. Wonder what gate Michael will be at to usher in the first folk onto the farm? We all need to keep the faith, it will happen, this time next year we will be absorbed with who is playing, what tent we will use, the resale, the weather  etc,  all those things we took for granted for years. Just can’t wait but a bit of living still to do before it happens. 

9 minutes ago, OG said:

This is why we need the downvotes back 🤣

Exact opposite!  It's giving people the freedom to post consequence-free puns, without fear of recrimination. I broke through that barrier many years ago and became a man with no name and no shame, a punslinger roaming the badlands, but so many more have been constrained by fear. Seeing so many of my brothers and sisters now with the confidence to fire off dreadful jokes is a joyous thing.

Edited by Quark

4 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Speaking of pricks, I just managed to annoy a scam caller so much he called me back, twice! I've managed to get one to call me back before (and tbh that one was more fun, he was so so angry) but twice is a new personal best

Actually, now I think about it, I should have kept him on the line longer. Just nice to talk to someone different.

Love that.

I used to wind up the 'this is Microsoft' scammers by having the world's slowest booting pc, would then act computer dumb until they said 'what can you see on the screen?' I said 'Apple'.

😁

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Love that.

I used to wind up the 'this is Microsoft' scammers by having the world's slowest booting pc, would then act computer dumb until they said 'what can you see on the screen?' I said 'Apple'.

😁

Don't think I've ever had a Microsoft one. I used to get the 'we hear you've been in an accident that wasn't your fault' a lot. The game with them was to see how dark/weird/rambling I could get before they hung up. One told me off for being really sick once. 

Now it tends to be the unpaid tax/arrest warrant ones. Think this guy was new cos he told me to find a pen and paper. That 'took' a very very long time

12 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Don't think I've ever had a Microsoft one. I used to get the 'we hear you've been in an accident that wasn't your fault' a lot. The game with them was to see how dark/weird/rambling I could get before they hung up. One told me off for being really sick once. 

Now it tends to be the unpaid tax/arrest warrant ones. Think this guy was new cos he told me to find a pen and paper. That 'took' a very very long time

I used to relish a cold-call to do exactly all the above.....until one day Mrs P shamed me by saying it was cruel as perhaps it was the only job the guy could get, and my schadenfreude could be putting him out of that job too ☹

They're still a pain the ring though.

20 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Oh, the accident ones .....

I'd say I'd had a really bad accident that had affected my memory.

They'd ask me to tell them about it.

I'd say I couldn't remember as I'd had a really bad accident which had affected my memory. 😛

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I used to relish a cold-call to do exactly all the above.....until one day Mrs P shamed me by saying it was cruel as perhaps it was the only job the guy could get, and my schadenfreude could be putting him out of that job too ☹

They're still a pain the ring though.

Oh, if it's a straight cold call then I've never done it. Although I honestly can't remember the last time I had one of those. If its a bright, perky recorded message (or a dark, ominous, serious recorded message) that then links through to a call centre in India with 'Alan' or Rachael' then all bets are off. They're scammers, so fuck 'em. Even if it's the only job they can get, they are still trying to scam people. And at least while they are listening to my bullshit, they aren't talking to someone who might fall for it.

Plus, it amuses me and I'm furloughed and very bored

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Oh, if it's a straight cold call then I've never done it. Although I honestly can't remember the last time I had one of those. If its a bright, perky recorded message (or a dark, ominous, serious recorded message) that then links through to a call centre in India with 'Alan' or Rachael' then all bets are off. They're scammers, so fuck 'em. Even if it's the only job they can get, they are still trying to scam people. And at least while they are listening to my bullshit, they aren't talking to someone who might fall for it.

Plus, it amuses me and I'm furloughed and very bored

Yeah you're right.....there's a difference between the scammers, and those just trying to earn a crust in a sh*t job.