When will this shit end?

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The people you are aiming this at post much more relevant information than I’ve ever seen you post in here. Whether it’s info from Twitter, News or daily stats; it’s more than I’ve seen from you. So yes some of it might not technically be in topic but that’s because a conversation and relationships have evolved here over the 6 months.

Ironically your comments have no taken this thread even more off topic. 

Ozanne, could you try to have fewer beefs with people please?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's about 5 people making up the majority of the posts so not sure how it's keeping more people happy.

Personally right now I’m hardly checking any other media sites as I know people are going to be posting relevant information here as soon as it’s available. It’s become a condensed news feed where the majority of us are thinking the same here. 

There’s always a large group of people viewing and if they weren’t happy with the information on this thread then they wouldn’t be here. 

A dedicated stats and @Toilet Duck thread would be nice without any other conversation breaking it up. 

• Upvote 1

I love this thread for what it is. 

For me 90 percent of the info is relevant to the larger "When will this shit end" topic. Posting stuff about brexit and chlorinated chicken is interesting and helps bring context to the poor leadership of the USA and UK on coronavirus. - The government tried to use brexit to distract us from their coronavirus response and all the relevant info was posted here. 

I think maybe people are right about just posting turns of links to random articles without commenting on it yourself, or linking to any larger topic. 

Anyway to keep this relevant, PMQs soon? - How will Keir Starmer approach this without just been called out for "not supporting" the measures, Even though it is very clear he does.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, stuie said:

The thread title is when will this shit end? 

Shit I would like to end at the moment:

Covid-19

Brexit

Tory rule

Trump

It all seems on topic to me! 

Same. I don't post here much but read regularly because I'm after updates and views on all of those. 

News from the frontline.

Mrs L reports her unit is once again full of Covid cases. In her opinion this time the patient demographic has chanced. It's broader with noticeably higher numbers of younger patients. 

Just now, Lycra said:

News from the frontline.

Mrs L reports her unit is once again full of Covid cases. In her opinion this time the patient demographic has chanced. It's broader with noticeably higher numbers of younger patients. 

Yeesh. Any view from Mrs L on severity of the cases compared to last time?

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I think maybe people are right about just posting turns of links to random articles without commenting on it yourself, or linking to any larger topic. 

Final thing I will say on the matter but this is my main grievance. Articles with no relevance posted with 0 context.

I get this is a difficult time for a lot of people but the thread had basically become a group chat for a few people. I think there is a borderline obsession for some people which really is not healthy. 

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeesh. Any view from Mrs L on severity of the cases compared to last time?

I will ask her. I know she's had deaths within the last few weeks or so 😔

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Boris is losing again this week, it's almost like Keir is an expert at dismantling sub-par defences.

He keeps saying he hopes that Starmer still supports the measures, Starmer has said it 2 times in the last 2 questions that he does.

It's almost too easy for Labour now isn't it?  Just ask the PM a question, any question, and you've a huge, overwhelming chance that he doesn't know the answer and will just waffle.  He can't even waffle a pont he wants to get across, it's just abstract noise most of the time.

Just now, Ozanne said:

He keeps saying he hopes that Starmer still supports the measures, Starmer has said it 2 times in the last 2 questions that he does.

Yea watching that it felt a bit like Boris really wanted to be in a theatre shouting this....

image.jpeg.1ff94817b8f7c666d57b530750fb3996.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Yea watching that it felt a bit like Boris really wanted to be in a theatre shouting this....

image.jpeg.1ff94817b8f7c666d57b530750fb3996.jpeg

Ironic when earlier Boris claimed that Starmer hadn’t listened to his answer. 

58 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not just him specifically but if it was kept to relevant posts about the topic it would be a better and more useful thread. Atm it's basically the same few people posting every current affairs news piece into the thread as possible.

Yeah yeah very good. Well over half the posts in this thread come from the same few people- what are you hoping to achieve with this pish?  

This is the least relevant thing that's been posted on here in a while

49 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Once this thread hits the inevitable 1000 page mark then maybe a split is in order. Have a dedicated Covid thread with a strong emphasis on how it potentially may affect Glastonbury. Plus a generic politics/grumbling thread about the shit. 

People are always going to come to this section of the forum as it’s the most popular one. I don’t think a lot of people even realise there is a general news thread elsewhere on the site. 

Covid news is going to dominate conversations right now. So keeping it on track would be great. More active moderation could help with moving posts and reminding people to keep on topic but that will be a colossal amount of work considering the high activity in here. 

The problem is, as noted, most the posts on here come from the same 5-7 people and they seem happy with it being a general politics/shit thread. If we moved to have a general politics thread, and a COVID thread, and you couldn't discuss anything else on the COVID thread, the same 5-7 people would just post the same stuff in the general politics thread, and no-one would use the COVID thread. 

It's not reasonable to expect the people going out of their way to share the latest developments, news and opinions in two different places so you can have a more curated experience. 

There's no harm in someone creating a COVID/Glastonbury thread, but the people doing so, and the people wanting to keep that thread active and on the front page, need to be willing to do the heavy lifting in actually doing that. By, y'know, posting something other than complaints about what other people are posting. Because all the active posters will probably stay here.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ozanne said:

Ironic when earlier Boris claimed that Starmer hadn’t listened to his answer. 

That made me laugh! Not answering the question and then just accusing Keir of not listening....like that will get him out of it.