When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Hmmm, false information. Spains 7 day case rate has increased by 22.26 (per 100,000) over the last 7 days and they are now regularly hitting over 200 deaths a day.

image.thumb.png.ec7dbc166bc7387592f74bdb3b69db81.png

Not necessarily as untrue as you might think.

Depending how you draw the epidemic curve Spain is either increasing exponentially or flattening and decreasing. 

TL:DR our data is woefully inaccurate

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/epidemic-curves-organised-by-reporting-date-and-specimen-date/

Worth noting that the authors of this article point out that the data itself has limitations. 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so who is ? and who isn't ? downloading the app tomorrow , and why ?  I will be but dont think it will ever pick me up as my contacts are very rarely over 15 mins 

I’ll be waiting until someone who knows app programming has had an in-depth look at the source code and find out where the information is going before it goes anywhere near any of my devices. 

I’m happy with a tracking app but don’t trust our current government especially when Dildo “Oops where did 4 million customer details go” Harding has anything to do with it. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Someone else here said they got  letter from doing an ONS study but I'm pretty sure I haven't ever done one. Also ours was just addressed to "The resident" so must have been done by area? Who knows though.

Oh how weird. Well, good opportunity to get those vouchers though! And hopefully find out some stuff about your own covid status. Hope it all goes well!

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ll be waiting until someone who knows app programming has had an in-depth look at the source code and find out where the information is going before it goes anywhere near any of my devices. 

I’m happy with a tracking app but don’t trust our current government especially when Dildo “Oops where did 4 million customer details go” Harding has anything to do with it. 

how quickly can you find out that sort of information ? 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is primary school level, so they're not paying any attention to that research as far as I can tell.  Unless you mean nursery age?  I was under the impression those symptoms were for primary age kids?

I can’t remember!🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd assume it'll be on Twitter/reddit etc within hours of the public release (and likely on here minutes later...). It wont take someone with the right tools and knowledge long at all

I will hold off then .... Thanks although I think I might have it on my phone already but in a not working state 

36 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's £50 for the first appointment and I think £25 for every one thereafter. You can make about £400 in vouchers if you do all the appointments. Valid at Amazon and a load of places. Sadly I don't think you can apply unless you get sent the letter though?

Ooh, wow- you’re going to be rich! I’m sure my friend once had to get infected with a disease to get that kind of money from medical research

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Should be reasonably quick. It’s probably already on github and being analysed by some experts. 

no idea what GitHub is ... sounds like another of those dodgy websites ....but im sure it will be ok :) ill have to look at what ive actually downloaded already 

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Yes but WHO says a positivity of over 5% indicates the epidemic is out of control.

'Out of control' is somewhat open to interpretation though....does that not simply mean 'with current measures the epidemic is out of control' rather than full on end of days sayonara brave world type stuff.

5 hours ago, mikegday said:

The problem I have with this is it treats death as the only thing to be avoided. What this statistic doesn’t show is how many people became seriously ill, required hospital treatment but recovered. Take Boris for example he’s in mid 50’s and although a bit overweight, realistically he’s probably similar to a lot of men in their mid 50’s! I dont think he’d be someone shielding. Yet he became seriously unwell and by looks of things hasn’t 100% recovered. Yet isn’t taken into account in your stat. If we had a surge into hospital and ICU the system would become overwhelmed and more otherwise ‘survivors’ would die as a result. So you can’t be sure that it’s ok to let it run through society in the way you’re suggesting.

In addition, many people with Covid 19 develop lower respiratory tract infection which scars the lungs leaving potentially serious consequences for their future health. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

seems ok from what they said ... but I will defer to greater knowledge 

While the initial release may be fine it’s the future updates that worry me. 

If you do install it make sure you can set it to manually update and not auto update. Don’t want the cheeky twats sneaking in something nasty. 

You can tell I don’t trust this lot with my data. Putins probably already bought it off Zuckerberg anyway 😂

For anyone looking for work at the moment its worth keeping your eye on supermarkets with an online delivery service .... It is minimum wage and the contracted hours probably won't be full time .... but in the near future my store will be recruiting 30 new posts .... and im pretty sure that all online delivery supermarkets will be doing the same . And if its an ASDA please dm me :) so you can use my name as a recommendation :) 

• Upvote 3