When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even with case numbers high and with the knowledge that it's possible to be infectious before you know you have covid?  What do you think masks are for? They're not for you.

You keep wearing one for us all then you hero. Thank you for your service. 

I don't cough or slobber all over people or things..... ill protect them that way. 

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Which bit of what she said is wrong? Masks have always been about protecting other people.

Because she’s saying if you stop wearing a mask when you are allowed to it makes you a bad person who doesn’t care about anyone else. It’s a bit OTT

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I mean... Yeah. In that situation you're clearly adding to someone else's risk because you can't be arsed. You might not want them to die, but you're not prepared to stick a bit of cloth on your face for a minute to reduce the chance of their death.

No one is telling you not to wear one though, but if you’re going around from now on frowning people for not wearing one you’re going to get wrinkles.

of course there are people out there extremely vulnerable, but the same situation would apply for the common cold or the flu. It’s hard, and no one likes saying it, but the world can’t stop because there are some people who are very very vulnerable. If they are in this critical condition they should/probably are taking their own precautions as they did prior to Jan 2020.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not that simple.

I'm currently isolating because of contact with someone who was double jabbed and still tested positive for covid.

Well that’s because of the app ping telling you to isolate, but that will stop eventually.

If you’re both double jabbed it should only be the sick person isolating going forward.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Well that’s because of the app ping telling you to isolate, but that will stop eventually.

If you’re both double jabbed it should only be the sick person isolating going forward.

The point is, she was double jabbed. Yet still caught COVID. If everyone is double vaccinated and cases numbers continue to rise, then we need to continue with NPIs.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, you don't have to wear it on the train from 19th July.

Well yes, but the point I was making really was if other restrictions are dropped but things like mask wearing on public transport remained. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No one is telling you not to wear one though, but if you’re going around from now on frowning people for not wearing one you’re going to get wrinkles.

of course there are people out there extremely vulnerable, but the same situation would apply for the common cold or the flu. It’s hard, and no one likes saying it, but the world can’t stop because there are some people who are very very vulnerable. If they are in this critical condition they should/probably are taking their own precautions as they did prior to Jan 2020.

all true...but maybe this will mean more people will wear them here when they have a respiratory virus like they do in far east. I'd see that as something positive to come from this. In Japan it's just a totally normal thing.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

The point is, she was double jabbed. Yet still caught COVID. If everyone is double vaccinated and cases numbers continue to rise, then we need to continue with NPIs.

Forever? You do realise the vaccine will never stop you catching it.. that's not how it works. 

Double jabbed people will continue to get it year after year. 

Just now, Havors said:

Forever? You do realise the vaccine will never stop you catching it.. that's not how it works. 

Double jabbed people will continue to get it year after year. 

I’m genuinely not sure how so many people don’t know this!!

Anyway, the point is case numbers are currently high and growing fast, so I do think we all still have a moral responsibility to wear face coverings indoors.

I wore a mask indoors before the government told me to. I stopped arsing around with sanitiser before the told me to. Government guidance should mean precisely fuck all. 

Do the right thing, sorry if that sounds like virtue signalling just because it's a discussion on what is right.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

all true...but maybe this will mean more people will wear them here when they have a respiratory virus like they do in far east. I'd see that as something positive to come from this. In Japan it's just a totally normal thing.

Yes and as I’ve said nothing stops people from wearing one. The change in rules doesn’t ban them being worn it just relaxes the rules to make them mandatory.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And how is she doing may I ask?

I also assume from your comment that you won’t be attending Glastonbury going forward, or any large gathering for that matter, as it’s unlikely masks will be worn there and places like that are a hotbed for catching something. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anyway, the point is case numbers are currently high and growing fast, so I do think we all still have a moral responsibility to wear face coverings indoors.

I wore a mask indoors before the government told me to. I stopped arsing around with sanitiser before the told me to. Government guidance should mean precisely fuck all. 

Do the right thing, sorry if that sounds like virtue signalling just because it's a discussion on what is right.

Genuine question, did you wear a mask when you were feeling unwell before the pandemic? Because viruses have always been around, and you said government guidelines should mean ‘fuck all’, so assuming you have always protected others in this way?

17 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Presumably case numbers will rise every winter and covid will never leave us. So you’d wear a mask indoors every winter forever? Seems unlikely 

I'd like to think whilst still living with the virus people could use common sense in busier places or on public transport use them. Continue to be more careful about personal hygiene. If you do have to go out and about and have cold symptoms make sure you wear one. It would actually reduce all colds/flus. Hopefully offices will be more tolerant to people staying home and working when they have minor illnesses and we'd actually be better off and not lose as much money to minor illnesses in the first place as well. 

7 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Twitter is an absolute burning pile of excrement today, like back to the bad old days of Remain vs Leave. Going to ignore it for the rest of the day. I’d recommend others do the same…

Agreed. 

trying to find something someone posted on here about any mutation that was enough to avoid the vaccines completely would also render the virus unharmful to humans but cant find it. 

the number of people on twitter that seem to think a vaccine resistant strain is inevitable is alarming. 

Edited by Memory Man

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Agreed. 

trying to find something someone posted on here about any mutation that was enough to avoid the vaccines completely would also render the virus unharmful to humans but cant find it. 

the number of people on twitter that seem to think this is inevitable is alarming. 

It was from research done by the Oxford vaccine team and what you said it pretty much what they said.

There is an article, I think, on the Twitter of one of the lead Oxford folks.

• Like 1