When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I can’t help but think Cummings isn’t going to come out of the next few days smelling of roses.

I’m sure Downing Street will counter with as good as he throws at them.

This is going to be so box office, I can’t wait.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I hope Cummings has more, because even this doesn’t sound like the death knell. We’re at the point now where I think quite a few people will actually nod along and agree with him, as happened with the bodies piling up comment. 

The bodies piling high comment did break through, it was overshadowed by the elections though. You are right Cummings needs to have more, whilst the above is bad, it isn’t going to make much of a dent unless there is something else with solid proof to back it up.

I don’t think Cummings would let his big revelation leak the evening before he gives evidence though. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The bodies piling high comment did break through, it was overshadowed by the elections though. You are right Cummings needs to have more, whilst the above is bad, it isn’t going to make much of a dent unless there is something else with solid proof to back it up.

I don’t think Cummings would let his big revelation leak the evening before he gives evidence though. 

Did it break through? Just anecdotal, but a friend of mine who’s a huge Labour voter actually agreed with his comments and hoped it meant there wouldn’t be any more lockdowns...quite eye opening. Then more conservative family members just thought “oh it’s just Boris being Boris”

edit: obviously hope you’re right though!

Edited by jparx

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Did it break through? Just anecdotal, but a friend of mine who’s a huge Labour voter actually agreed with his comments and hoped it meant there wouldn’t be any more lockdowns...quite eye opening. Then more conservative family members just thought “oh it’s just Boris being Boris”

edit: obviously hope you’re right though!

I think it did, going from polling just after that weekend it showed that the Tories ratings dropped which was either due to that comment, Tory sleaze or both. Don’t get me wrong, it didn’t do enough but going by that it did something. 

• Downvote 1

It definitely seems to be slowing. After a freak day of negative growth a couple of days ago, we had a more normal rise of 20 (which was still relatively low in percentage terms by recent standards), with another tiny rise of 20.

So what that boils down to it it's only gone up by 18 since Saturday. Much better than going up 30 every day

0_Greater-Manchester-Sat-22-May-2021_result.jpg

0_JSR_MEN_230521rates_01JPG.jpg

0_JSR_MEN_240521rate_01JPG.jpg

0_JSR_MEN_250521crona_01JPG.jpg

27 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Cummings isn’t going to go after The PM, he’s going to go for the civil service.  It’s going to all out on them, he understands sometimes in politics people have to do things.

It's all personal vendettas with Cummings, and Johnson was making accusations about Cummings not long ago,so it's payback time. He'll be going for other ministers and govt officials  like Hancock and Harries too I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It's all personal vendettas with Cummings, and Johnson was making accusations about Cummings not long ago,so it's payback time. He'll be going for other ministers and govt officials  like Hancock and Harries too I'm sure.

He’s been pretty critical of both Hancock and Harries in his Twitter thread so I think you are right about that one.