When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The cases appear to be stabilising in Manchester. It looks like the case "rises" may well have been down to the increased testing as much as anything else.

The weekly figures look a bit worrying, but the daily numbers are starting to look encouraging. More boroughs showing (admittedly modest) daily drops now. R appears to be just underneath 1.

It'll still be good to get a few more people jabbed before doing anything like opening the pubs. We're getting there 🙂

0_The-latest-coronavirus-infection-rates-for-Greater-Manchester-March-19.jpg

0_2021-03-20.png

Stable rates 2 weeks after schools opening are great tbh.

9 hours ago, StuMalinas said:

Haha funny one. I mean he hasn’t been on here for a while and wanna make sure he is okay?

if you hover over the name with the cursor on a desktop you can see when people last visited .... March 5th in his case ... hopefully hes ok 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Israel flying. Really does show why there’s so much needle between nations around the vaccines! (pardon the pun!)

I wonder how long the anti Vaxers continue talking about the poison vaccine with numbers like this ? Will they all just end up taking it quietly and continuing the stance 😀

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder how long the anti Vaxers continue talking about the poison vaccine with numbers like this ? Will they all just end up taking it quietly and continuing the stance 😀

I'm sure there will be something about the data from Israel being fake or something. They will have something up their sleeve!

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They already seem to be a bit quieter on the social media front. Every covid news article used to have about 50 anti vax comments a minute, seems to be slowing. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

They already seem to be a bit quieter on the social media front. Every covid news article used to have about 50 anti vax comments a minute, seems to be slowing. 

Very big numbers on that anti lockdown March yesterday but it did seem to be a mix of causes ,  but I guess that will ease off too from after next weekend when people can meet friends again outside 

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

When I mentioned this last week I swear you shot me down saying a negative test would suffice...

I still think they'll go for vaccine OR negative test plus quarantine. Wonder what the policy will be with regards to kids

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I still think they'll go for vaccine OR negative test plus quarantine. Wonder what the policy will be with regards to kids

Perhaps they’ll keep the doors shut entirely for holidaying outside the UK?

Edited by JoeyT

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Perhaps they’ll keep the doors shut entirely for holidaying outside the UK?

That tweet is deliberately misleading. It misses out part of the quote which I’ve taken from the guardian live feed just now:

‘It is highly unlikely we’ll be able to go on foreign holiday this side of May. We can’t be deaf and blind to what’s going on outside the United Kingdom.’

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

He’s only warning about early lifting ... nothing we have seen any signs of yet .. not really much to see there .. sticking with the plan that we all know .. 

Definitely changing the goalposts though 

And this is even worse!

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

If they attempt to keep these ridiculous restrictions in place with a vaccinated population then I would imagine this will become highly political and we know from Brexit that the people will kick back when tested.

Yeah. weve vaccinated 50% of the population FFS. We should be talking about how t reduce restrictions, nt how long we can keep them going 'just in case'