When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Honestly - how negative can you be? We knew cases would go up, but the primary intent needs to be to catch cases (which we are doing at increasing rates due to testing) and to protect the at risk (vaccines). She is spouting so much negativity that she would keep us in lockdown until 2025. 

3 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Honestly - how negative can you be? We knew cases would go up, but the primary intent needs to be to catch cases (which we are doing at increasing rates due to testing) and to protect the at risk (vaccines). She is spouting so much negativity that she would keep us in lockdown until 2025. 

wasn't negative or positive...just how it is.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

4 day week apparently.

Personally, I would opt for the pay rise and keep working 5 days a week. 

You just know some employers will start attempting to push five days worth of work out of people in four if they took that option.

45 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I see the seeds of a move on the leadership coming soon, lots of these stories being allowed out. Wonder if it'll be during or after the roadmap? That's one route to "data not dates" 

Yeah I agree something will probably happen this year. These types of news back that theory up. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Re; the summer holiday abroad thing on the BBC. Yes, no foreign travel is obviously the safest thing, but I don’t for one second think foreign holidays will be totally banned this summer. Not a chance imo. We’ll at least have some type of travel corridor arrangement or a red list scenario, if not more widely available travel. We know that countries (and apparently the UK is leading the charge) are looking at ways to make it safer with the vaccine passport stuff.

I get Europe are lagging behind, but if there’s very low cases in, say, Cyprus by the summer, they’ve vaccinated a fair number of people and we’ve vaccinated all our adults, it becomes very hard to justify to people why we can’t go there. I just don’t see a blanket ban on all holidays to all destinations as remotely likely, or even sensible given the travel industry as a whole would probably go under.

I agree. There was no ban on summer holidays last year so it is hard to see why it would be needed more when the vaccination programme is so far under way.

I'm hoping to go away in October and fully prepared for it not to happen. But would be amazed if people didn't get to go to Europe in July/August. Would be a real shift from this government.

38 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Personally, I would opt for the pay rise and keep working 5 days a week. 

You just know some employers will start attempting to push five days worth of work out of people in four if they took that option.

I'd opt for a 4 day working week AND a 20% pay rise

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I demand the group of 6 outside again 🙂 

In my local park earlier (which was absolutely rammed) there was a group of roughly 12 adults & children of mixed ages all together sat/ stood around a large bench. Clearly a birthday or celebration of some type with food etc laid out.

I know many people will say “not happening where I live” or “I only see couples walking together” but that really isn’t the case where I live.

Many people meeting outside and not just in a bumping in to each other kind of way.

FWIW we are at 19 cases per 100k.

I genuinely think (in an outside environment at least) people are now seeing the logic of minimal risk + low cases in the area mean they can do what they wish within reason.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In my local park earlier (which was absolutely rammed) there was a group of roughly 12 adults & children of mixed ages all together sat/ stood around a large bench. Clearly a birthday or celebration of some type with food etc laid out.

I know many people will say “not happening where I live” or “I only see couples walking together” but that really isn’t the case where I live.

Many people meeting outside and not just in a bumping in to each other kind of way.

I genuinely think (in an outside environment at least) people are now seeing the logic of minimal risk + low cases in the area mean they can do what they wish within reason.

hope you called the police?

Just now, JoeyT said:

thats fair ... some won't be though ...  so it eases the impact of opening up at that stage ... lots will be basing it on what the govt allows like they did at xmas .... hopefully impact won't be much ... its looking positive at the moment and outside seems minimal risk 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats fair ... some won't be though ...  so it eases the impact of opening up at that stage ... lots will be basing it on what the govt allows like they did at xmas .... hopefully impact won't be much ... its looking positive at the moment and outside seems minimal risk 

behavourial science init...how much can people take......it was one of the reasons why slow to lock down in March because they were worried how compliant people would be...and were actually surprised how many people were.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

behavourial science init...how much can people take......it was one of the reasons why slow to lock down in March because they were worried how compliant people would be...and were actually surprised how many people were.

yep absolutely and it will all  be modelled somewhere 🙂