When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

54 minutes ago, mcshed said:

But despite the article making the link between the two, Patel's request has nothing to do with COVID she's not asking for an extension of the current powers she's asking what can be done to make protests less disruptive. Hence my mention of Extinction Rebellion as I really think it's that which is the real target as they actually managed to cause effective disruption.

The pandemic obviously occupies a huge amount of attention so it provides cover in the sense that people aren't paying attention to anything else but this isn't authoritarian extension of emergency powers this is new authoritarian power grab by an authoritarian politician. It should be opposed but it's not an argument against the measures brought forward during the pandemic.

We’ll have to see what they do. My money is on them taking the path of least resistance and rolling forward what they’ve already got on the statute book, albeit currently on a temporary basis. Using a crisis like this is standard procedure (e.g.the Patriot Act in the States).

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

the side effects are your immune response! So the cough and the lung inflammation, the tissue destruction and the dying would all be due to the virus and the headache, fever, aches etc are our immune system! Basically, our bodies think we are being invaded, so we turn the heat up (most microorganisms have a narrow temperature range they can survive in (some don’t, extremophiles live in all sorts of conditions...bugs are crazy, thiobacillus concretovorans eats concrete!)), we also switch on making all the antibodies and mobilise our white blood cells...this means our blood vessels swell a bit to increase blood flow around our bodies (and that gives us a headache), the blood vessels also leak to let the white blood cells out, so that leads to swelling and pains and our lymph nodes go into over drive (distributed all around our body) further swelling and causing some pain. Cytokines (interleukins esp) drive a lot of this and are pumped out by our immune cells when we think we are under attack. It also uses a lot of our energy to do all this, so we feel tired. We have to make the whole immune response from scratch this time, but future jabs/infection will switch in memory cells so should be less stressful as all the groundwork has been done. In the trials, second dose with AZ was milder in terms of side effects. 

Thanks as ever TD ... that’s good to know ... I’ve had minimal side effects .. Anecdotally I’ve seen more people getting side effects from the Oxford / AZ than the Pfizer ... don’t know how this plays out with other people’s experiences ... 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks as ever TD ... that’s good to know ... I’ve had minimal side effects .. Anecdotally I’ve seen more people getting side effects from the Oxford / AZ than the Pfizer ... don’t know how this plays out with other people’s experiences ... 

my sister has had both doses of Pfizer...not much reaction after dose 1, fell asleep for about 5 hours after dose 2!

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Maybe everyone being jabbed once by May isn't as crazy as it sounds

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I was projecting 351k across the UK yesterday. Looks like we’ll beat that by 75k and the rest. 

We are well on track to offer every adult in the UK a first dose by the end of May and to offer every vaccinated person a second dose within 12 weeks of the first. 

will we see a 750 k day this week @Fuzzy Afro

32 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

We’ll have to see what they do. My money is on them taking the path of least resistance and rolling forward what they’ve already got on the statute book, albeit currently on a temporary basis. Using a crisis like this is standard procedure (e.g.the Patriot Act in the States).

It's not compariable, the current laws ban any gatherings they're not specific to protests and the government isn't going to seek to continue a ban on groups of people getting together so they can't just continue with what they've got during the pandemic.

Patel's base is the nutter wing of the Tory party will she have more support for a ban on all gatherings or a law that means Extinction Rebellion can't cause disruption as legal protests are defined in an increasingly narrow manner? 

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

will we see a 750 k day this week @Fuzzy Afro

Expect 800k a day this coming week. That’s an average btw. Some days higher and some lower. But I expect over 5m doses to be given out over the week. Similar numbers expected next week then a big drop W/C 15th March so it might be that they choose to hold some back to smooth out the drop in supply. 

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Maybe everyone being jabbed once by May isn't as crazy as it sounds

Back of a fag packet maths, but:

There is 13 weeks until end of May. If we average 4m per week (570k per day), then that gives us 52m doses to be done by end of May.

Enough to cover the 20m or so who will need a second dose and the remaining 32m adults awaiting their first. 

let’s hope that the supply increases as rumoured 

47 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Pfizer 2nd dose effects are more than AZ. Be careful of anecdotes around which jab gives worse effects, a lot more people are being jabbed with AZ so you'd expect to hear more stories of side effects.

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Pfizer 2nd dose effects are more than AZ. Be careful of anecdotes around which jab gives worse effects, a lot more people are being jabbed with AZ so you'd expect to hear more stories of side effects.

Yep that’s fair ... I’d forgotten that fact .. doesn’t bother me either way ... get those jabs in me ... either or 😀

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Expect 800k a day this coming week. That’s an average btw. Some days higher and some lower. But I expect over 5m doses to be given out over the week. Similar numbers expected next week then a big drop W/C 15th March so it might be that they choose to hold some back to smooth out the drop in supply. 

Mainly AZ, I presume?

5 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Back of a fag packet maths, but:

There is 13 weeks until end of May. If we average 4m per week (570k per day), then that gives us 52m doses to be done by end of May.

Enough to cover the 20m or so who will need a second dose and the remaining 32m adults awaiting their first. 

let’s hope that the supply increases as rumoured 

I expect an average of 4.2m a week between now and the end of May. Lowest week is 1.6m W/C 15th March (No AZ supply at all that week) but the highest is 5.9m the week after 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I expect an average of 4.2m a week between now and the end of May. Lowest week is 1.6m W/C 15th March (No AZ supply at all that week) but the highest is 5.9m the week after 

With the j and j being approved in the usa do you think we could see that approved and in supply by may too, meaning only first Doses need to be given to 30 and below 

2 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

With the j and j being approved in the usa do you think we could see that approved and in supply by may too, meaning only first Doses need to be given to 30 and below 

It appears that they're focussed on meeting their commitments to the US and EU, and there's a very high chance everyone here has a first dose of something else before they deliver to us in any significant numbers.

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

the side effects are your immune response! So the cough and the lung inflammation, the tissue destruction and the dying would all be due to the virus and the headache, fever, aches etc are our immune system! Basically, our bodies think we are being invaded, so we turn the heat up (most microorganisms have a narrow temperature range they can survive in (some don’t, extremophiles live in all sorts of conditions...bugs are crazy, thiobacillus concretovorans eats concrete!)), we also switch on making all the antibodies and mobilise our white blood cells...this means our blood vessels swell a bit to increase blood flow around our bodies (and that gives us a headache), the blood vessels also leak to let the white blood cells out, so that leads to swelling and pains and our lymph nodes go into over drive (distributed all around our body) further swelling and causing some pain. Cytokines (interleukins esp) drive a lot of this and are pumped out by our immune cells when we think we are under attack. It also uses a lot of our energy to do all this, so we feel tired. We have to make the whole immune response from scratch this time, but future jabs/infection will switch in memory cells so should be less stressful as all the groundwork has been done. In the trials, second dose with AZ was milder in terms of side effects. 

Do you recommend we use paracetamol etc when this happens or will riding it out be better in the long run? 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not sure when J&J is meant to come online sorry

Someone said July the other day and I've seen that in a couple of places.