When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I have got so much time for what Andy Burnham is doing.

To think there were people on here saying that people would just quietly break the rules if new restrictions were imposed :lol:

He has very much gone for the North v South angle and lit the blue touch paper for people to ignore any restrictions imposed on them from Downing Street.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Scrub the date out of my comment and the same applies for the first wave. SAGE minutes confirm there was a call for lockdown the week before it was enacted.

Can you link me to the SAGE minutes because I’m almost certain that was not the case? I believe they called for “social distancing of the entire population”, which was implemented (and that’s not the same as a lockdown)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the cultural organisations that have just been gifted with govt cash are doiscovering the fine detail of the deal....

They have to send out publicity saying "aren't the tories great".
(might not be the exact wording :P ).

Really feckin' glad I decided to skip doing a deal with the devil. :) 

I did wonder if something like that was going on. Some of the Twitter statements I'd seen from various organisations were a bit 'North Korean'

31 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

On the other hand tho, wouldn’t asking for a revised economic package push back tier upgrades, potentially causing further deaths and infections?

Depends on how you look at it.  Not providing the revised economic package that's vital to compliance potentially causes further deaths and infections.  

17 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

To think there were people on here saying that people would just quietly break the rules if new restrictions were imposed :lol:

He has very much gone for the North v South angle and lit the blue touch paper for people to ignore any restrictions imposed on them from Downing Street.

I think he’s come across really well in all of this. He genuinely seems like he cares. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sadiq Khan is a very good Mayor, who’s acted brilliantly throughout, trying to help and save Londoners. His priority might not be making sure someone can see their partner but it shouldn’t be.

I certainly wouldn't put him on par with Burnham.

49 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

well, pubs can hardly stay open if legally have to shut, no matter what. Burnham is mainly just arguing for the same payments to businesses and workers who have have to close and stop work as were in the original furlough scheme.

67% of minimum wage is not enough to live on.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

well, pubs can hardly stay open if legally have to shut, no matter what. Burnham is mainly just arguing for the same payments to businesses and workers who have have to close and stop work as were in the original furlough scheme.

67% of minimum wage is not enough to live on.

Tbf, if you eliminate the actual cost of going to work then you’re by definition reducing a person’s cost of living, so then they don’t need their full wage.