When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Thank you both!! I'll definitely find something to do after work that 'washes it away' that's a fantastic idea.

I've had a couple of cries today just at the thought of starting that next week, I think the thing I'm most worried about is these people phoning are understandably going to upset and they need someone on the other end of the phone who knows what they are doing (and I will get told what to do) but i'm concerned I wont be able to stop myself from crying with them if they start. I just don't want to make them feel worse.

But, I really appreciate your advice and I will find something like you say :) x

Sad though it is, you can't take away people's pain and sense of loss, and it's important to accept that so you don't feel helpless. There are things you can do to help:  you can be kind and give them time to say what they need, and guide them through the DWP process.  They will remember your kindness, and that will continue to help them long after their contact with you.  It's ok to acknowledge someone's sadness, and even cry a bit - if you're on the phone they won't be able to see your eyes well up!  Please feel free to dm me if you'd like a chat.  I worked as a counsellor in a hospice for 14 years, and during that time I got better at it, but it was always essential to have good support.

xx

Edited by dizzymoo
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

Sad though it is, you can't take away people's pain and sense of loss, and it's important to accept that so you don't feel helpless. There are things you can do to help:  you can be kind and give them time to say what they need, and guide them through the DWP process.  They will remember your kindness, and that will continue to help them long after their contact with you.  It's ok to acknowledge someone's sadness, and even cry a bit - if you're on the phone they won't be able to see your eyes well up!  Please feel free to dm me if you'd like a chat.  I worked as a counsellor in a hospice for 14 years, and during that time I got better at it, but it was always essential to have support.

xx

You're so lovely, thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it xx

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Alok Sharma has managed to make this era defining global crisis boring.

Really? Was the most telling daily briefing yet, just 3 weeks in and after being told a vaccine will take 18 months they have now devoted a whole session on discussing how vaccine production is being ramped up, Vallance tried to inject a word or two of caution but the gist is clear the vaccine is coming sooner rather than later, the journo who said they are making 1million doses BEFORE they have even tested it let the cat out of the bag.

If you are bored and want something to think about, think on this, will you take a vaccine if it is offered in the next 3 months? If they make it mandatory will you rebel? If you are not allowed to travel unless you have had a vaccine will you consent anyway? The people who have been predicting this for years have been dismissed as cranks, things are about to get real.

Just now, gizmoman said:

Really? Was the most telling daily briefing yet, just 3 weeks in and after being told a vaccine will take 18 months they have now devoted a whole session on discussing how vaccine production is being ramped up, Vallance tried to inject a word or two of caution but the gist is clear the vaccine is coming sooner rather than later, the journo who said they are making 1million doses BEFORE they have even tested it let the cat out of the bag.

If you are bored and want something to think about, think on this, will you take a vaccine if it is offered in the next 3 months? If they make it mandatory will you rebel? If you are not allowed to travel unless you have had a vaccine will you consent anyway? The people who have been predicting this for years have been dismissed as cranks, things are about to get real.

oh yeah...vaccine ready real soon...and 100k tests by the end of the month etc etc.

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Thank you both!! I'll definitely find something to do after work that 'washes it away' that's a fantastic idea.

I've had a couple of cries today just at the thought of starting that next week, I think the thing I'm most worried about is these people phoning are understandably going to upset and they need someone on the other end of the phone who knows what they are doing (and I will get told what to do) but i'm concerned I wont be able to stop myself from crying with them if they start. I just don't want to make them feel worse.

But, I really appreciate your advice and I will find something like you say :) x

You will be okay! You can only do what you can do at time! Talk to friends talk to your team talk on here!! Let us know how your doing! 🌈

10 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

You will be okay! You can only do what you can do at time! Talk to friends talk to your team talk on here!! Let us know how your doing! 🌈

Absolutely we aren’t going anywhere :) at least I’m not for another 8 weeks :)