When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

By doing so though they are treating everyone like morons. I and plenty of others can still carry out the stay at home message whilst also listen to their plan for ending the lockdown.

It only ‘works’ at the moment because people understand it’s the only way, they haven’t even tried to discuss how it ends with us.

If they did start to discuss it and people then begun to flout the stay at home order then here’s a novel idea - do something to those people! 

It's the Dom Cummings thing...simple messages repeated over and over again...they might be treating people like morons but it works. Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives. Repeat.

I guess they think if you start confusing the message you get less compliance...but to be honest a lot of people started social distancing before the govt insisted it...and I'm guessing a lot of people will start relaxing their social distancing restrictions if they see numbers coming down and also see that other countries are.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It's the Dom Cummings thing...simple messages repeated over and over again...they might be treating people like morons but it works. Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives. Repeat.

I guess they think if you start confusing the message you get less compliance...but to be honest a lot of people started social distancing before the govt insisted it...and I'm guessing a lot of people will start relaxing their social distancing restrictions if they see numbers coming down and also see that other countries are.

It’s working because it’s the right thing to do not because they are saying it multiple times. People generally want to help and see the numbers fall so understand how staying at home can do that. To say they are doing it because the government are saying their tag line makes everyone out to be mindless drones. 

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s working because it’s the right thing to do not because they are saying it multiple times. People generally want to help and see the numbers fall so understand how staying at home can do that. To say they are doing it because the government are saying their tag line makes everyone out to be mindless drones. 

ok, yes...you're right...I'm just saying how Cummings and co are working this for downing st...and maybe they do think everyone are mindless drones. They feel it has worked so well for them in the the past with brexit ref and the general election.

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok, yes...you're right...I'm just saying how Cummings and co are working this for downing st...and maybe they do think everyone are mindless drones. They feel it has worked so well for them in the the past with brexit ref and the general election.

I know what you mean, it’s more of an indictment of how our government views it’s populace as a whole and their complete inability to show any decent leadership.

All the fingers crossed

"

Lifting the mood was a report detailing encouraging partial data from trials of U.S. drugmaker Gilead Sciences Inc’s experimental drug remdesivir in severe COVID-19 patients.

“If proven effective, remdesivir would be a game-changer in the COVID-19 pandemic fight, especially being a legacy drug that has been around for many years,” said Jeffrey Halley, a market analyst at exchange company OANDA, told Reuters."

12 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Maybe take the armed guards bit away (and I did say hotels) but there is going to be clamour for a quick solution, people have no patience, so there has to be a proper way to do this.

It does not matter if people want a quick solution if no quick solution is possible.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the subject of August festivals, Cropredy has postponed until next year. It's a tiny one with a pretty old demographic, but still. I'd be amazed if any festival goes ahead in the UK this year.

Did Fairports Cropredy a few years back as the Levellers and a couple of our Avalon regulars  were playing. Lovely laid back festival in a beautiful location. Really well organised and a couple of nice pubs in the  village. Didn’t think it would survive this year. 

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Find it a bit difficult to swallow the reason for not knowing a lockdown exit policy is because Boris Johnson is off work sick...

I'm really not looking forward to the full of sh*t update on the lock down on 7th May with Bojo coming out with every Churchill/War/British spirit cliche known to man!!... it's going to be intolerable isn't it?? Making out he is the saviour if he allows even an inch of leyway on the lock down but continuing another 3 weeks of general measures errgghhh

Personally can't see any festivals or major gigs happening this year, we might see some really small venue gigs if we are lucky but I think a lot of folk will be too frightened to go out tbh

I would also like to think it will change people's habits and attitudes in bring the importance of everything closer to home and how to support one another more - I do hope that is a key take out of all this sh*t but I'm also aware people have very short memories too (#bekind movement for example) :unsure:

Edited by shoptildrop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1